View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 851 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 351751801841849850851852853861901951 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,765 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post

My point is sd is baloney, they are robbing folks of their money, and to scam people using the shaolin name is sacreligious(and this is my biggest problem with sd)

my goal is to warn anyone who is about to happen into the sd world about what they are getting themselves into
    hey i agree with you about some of the bull****. i would say the majority of sd people have very little understanding of martial arts but i have seen from each of the distinct groups of shaolin do that some people in the group do have very good understanding of martial arts.

i wish sin the' was open and honest about history and did not use so many "stories" and legends. adults for the most part do not care about those things.

i wish sin the would talk about the central plains wushu school where he learned martial arts.

i also wish the whole learn 900 forms thing went away. one of the main reasons i left is i did not want to learn more forms that have no meaning or depth.

but... ... ... .. .. .. .. .. ...... . . .. . .. ..
    your blanket statements could be insulting to those of us who do have skills.
    there are many in sd that have "it" and even more that do not. i think this is similar to most schools
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    why do you guys even bother with this douche bag?? Are you that bored???
    you can type douche bag ubt i cant type bull****?

board.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Goju who stopped and made you God? No one. You have posted maybe 10 peoples negative coments of all the SD people training and that is less than .01% so you have very little effect or influence. SD didnt have what you want so you are upset and feel like you wasted your money. Thats OK. But for you to be so closed minded. Any business is going to have complaints, any style as well. I have heard the same comments about GoJu , Shotokan Wado TaeKwon Do and others. Your ajenda isnt new it is quite old.
    I agree with what the instructors are doing to break away from Soard is the right thing I too am watching the outcome of this, I feel GMT should recognise the instructors as a new entity my self. KC
    lol do you want me to keep posting more comments from from former sd students?
    ic oudl fill this thread up with apges on end

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by brucereiter View Post
    hey i agree with you about some of the bull****. i would say the majority of sd people have very little understanding of martial arts but i have seen from each of the distinct groups of shaolin do that some people in the group do have very good understanding of martial arts.

i wish sin the' was open and honest about history and did not use so many "stories" and legends. adults for the most part do not care about those things.

i wish sin the would talk about the central plains wushu school where he learned martial arts.

i also wish the whole learn 900 forms thing went away. one of the main reasons i left is i did not want to learn more forms that have no meaning or depth.

there are many in sd that have "it" and even more that do not. i think this is similar to most schools
    oh i agree there allways will be some allright practioners faceplam for example was good giving the place he was in in fact that was the best sd practioner i sparred with including the black belts there

you can type douche bag ubt i cant type bull****?

board.
    you cant even say **** on this board

The one thing people should take away from this is, get a lawyer and pay to have them peruse a contract.

While the blame lays at the feet of the instructors, the Soards are very good at twisting the words.

They convinced me to sign one, I never signed another before I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    why do you guys even bother with this douche bag?? Are you that bored???
    Seriously. KC is such a little girl that he has to sneak a message to me regarding some biblical judging crap instead of doing it out in the open.

This guy reminds me of a rapid college football fan that's so wrapped up in the hatred of a rival team that the only thing he roots for is for the other team to lose.

SD/CSC is NOT trying to cheat students. If nothing else you get to train with some good people and get a little conditioning. At as low as $35 a month you can't beat it. Too bad all of this had to happen.

Hey, to be honest I thought I knew what I was talking about when I was in shaolin do. I'm one of those people who do their research, so I should've known better, but ignorance is a powerful thing. When you are in a school that only makes contact with it's own, you start believing that its history, techniques, and whatever are absolute and that everything else doesn't apply. I felt so stupid afterwards...

Hey, I love martial legends and stories, what are you talking 'bout?? You trying to tell me that I'm not grown up? ....No I'm not , but I'm damm proud of it. Yeah, your right that most adults don't care about such things but that doesn't take away from the fact that chinese mythology and legends make up important part of the culture of martial arts, almost (if not as important) as the history. But GM Sin Th'e uses them in place of history way too often, which leads to misunderstandings which leads to IGNORANCE!

I would definitely love to hear about his learning experiences at central plains.

The whole 900 forms thing is ridiculous and should be reevaluated. Even if they were going to attempt such things they should group the forms according to the style (10 essential forms for each style excluding weapons, or something like that) but we all know that's not going to happen.

Hey, I've got skills that I obtained from SD... I mastered the horse stance, the bow stance and the bow stance while reading! Now I'm trying to figure out how to stance and talk at the same time...
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinGirl View Post
    Seriously. KC is such a little girl that he has to sneak a message to me regarding some biblical judging crap instead of doing it out in the open.
    you should see his racist threads he was making about jews and blacks a while back along with threats his family has membership in the kkk

Quote Originally Posted by Tao Of The Fist View Post
    Hey, to be honest I thought I knew what I was talking about when I was in shaolin do. I'm one of those people who do their research, so I should've known better, but ignorance is a powerful thing. When you are in a school that only makes contact with it's own, you start believing that its history, techniques, and whatever are absolute and that everything else doesn't apply. I felt so stupid afterwards...

Hey, I love martial legends and stories, what are you talking 'bout?? You trying to tell me that I'm not grown up? ....No I'm not , but I'm damm proud of it. Yeah, your right that most adults don't care about such things but that doesn't take away from the fact that chinese mythology and legends make up important part of the culture of martial arts, almost (if not as important) as the history. But GM Sin Th'e uses them in place of history way too often, which leads to misunderstandings which leads to IGNORANCE!

I would definitely love to hear about his learning experiences at central plains.

The whole 900 forms thing is ridiculous and should be reevaluated. Even if they were going to attempt such things they should group the forms according to the style (10 essential forms for each style excluding weapons, or something like that) but we all know that's not going to happen.

Hey, I've got skills that I obtained from SD... I mastered the horse stance, the bow stance and the bow stance while reading! Now I'm trying to figure out how to stance and talk at the same time...
    i keep hearing people talk about

>>When you are in a school that only makes contact with it's own, you start believing that its history, techniques, and whatever are absolute and that everything else doesn't apply. I felt so stupid afterwards... <<

my teacher said "you must train and touch hands with as many people as you can to really understand ma. from day 1 of my training at the csc atlanta i trained with people outside of the system with the blessing of my teacher. i never hid it and many times talked to him about what i had seen or felt.

in maybe 1998 0r 99 a student who was very sr to me said that the 24 tai chi form was a old old form and is "exactly what the shaolin monks practiced" i asked my teacher about it and he said it was the most popular tai chi form in the world and sin the learned it from a friend in bandung and thought it had some value so taught it to him students. i do not know how the atl csc student came to the ideas he had when as far as i could tell my teacher was not telling any of the legends.

i think i did have a very different experience than most sd students.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

Shaolin Girl and GoJU you are both liars I did not pm you or Goju and made no such comments as Go ju states, Go Ju you are such a pus%$ you deserve your stupid self KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

So Shaolin Girl but you really should look at youir self you are a joke get a life KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

I just happen to pass by and see this thread and...

In chinese... Shaolin Do becomes 少林道

This is strange in Chinese, because... Shaolin is Buddhism, and Tao is Taoism.
    And Shaolin Do is a very confusing word in chinese!

In real world scenario, Shaolin is a school by it self, and Taoism has its own school
    in Wudang 武当 for example.

Shaolin monks say 修成正果(attain enlightenment), they dont say 得成仙 (道here meaning the "Do" in SD, it means Attain Tao and becomes a Deity)

so...
    gathers up my big round straw hat and rag bag and continues to travel down
    the path
    Last edited by -木叶-; 10-02-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Add in explanation for the Chinese words
    "In fighting, the hand you can see will not hurt you, the hand you cannot see, will hurt you." - Grandmaster Gary Lam

Red face Different Experiences from Different Schools.

i keep hearing people talk about

>>When you are in a school that only makes contact with it's own, you start believing that its history, techniques, and whatever are absolute and that everything else doesn't apply. I felt so stupid afterwards... <<

my teacher said "you must train and touch hands with as many people as you can to really understand ma. from day 1 of my training at the csc atlanta i trained with people outside of the system with the blessing of my teacher. i never hid it and many times talked to him about what i had seen or felt.

in maybe 1998 0r 99 a student who was very sr to me said that the 24 tai chi form was a old old form and is "exactly what the shaolin monks practiced" i asked my teacher about it and he said it was the most popular tai chi form in the world and sin the learned it from a friend in bandung and thought it had some value so taught it to him students. i do not know how the atl csc student came to the ideas he had when as far as i could tell my teacher was not telling any of the legends.

i think i did have a very different experience than most sd students.
    I think that's awesome and I wish my school had been more like that. My school was a subschool of the Soards though, not Grooms or Mullins so I don't know how differently things are run. In retrospect, I wish I had sparred with people outside of my school, which I was only able to when I went on my own. I don't know how anyone got the idea that the 24 form or the Cheng Man Ching 37 were 'temple forms.'
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee