View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1057 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 575579571007104710551056105710581059106711071157 ... LastLast
Results 15,841 to 15,855 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Why can't I call it shaolin? It has elements of shaolin in it, after all--whether you take my SD or my Northern Longfist with it.

"Shaolin" is as generic as "karate" these days. WTF isn't shaolin? I found a video the other day offering "shaolin groundfighting." LOL. Seems to me like "shaolin" is the mob. Everything is in its "protection" racket.
    You guys want to ride the coattails of Shaolin but don't want to make the effort to actually learn anything about Chinese geography, history and traditional culture.

"Oh it was all made up at one point so I can just call it whatever I want."

No. This isn't Austrian School economics; you can't just make it up as you go along.

Kung fu styles are regional. Shaolin has more in common with TaiJi (they are both from Henan) than it does with TangLang(Shandong). Of course they share common features just like all Chinese gong fu does, but to cast Shaolin as an umbrella over every Northern practice just so you can justify calling your bastardized kata/forms practice "Shaolin" is rank intellectual laziness in service of equivocation.

Tang Lang

I taught Tang Lang for 2 years for SD, I trained in 7 star for 10 years, The Tang Lang Chien form is in my opinion a White Crane form Mantasized , why I do not know as they have a complete Tang Lang System with springy leg , Jade ring and all that goes with it. also 2 man techniques. So dont ask me what it is other than a good aerobic w/o. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Why can't I call it shaolin?
    because its not shaolin.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

all

There is a saying all MA come from Shaolin therefore it is Shaolin. Just not the Shaolin you are accustomed to . KC

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    There is a saying all MA come from Shaolin therefore it is Shaolin. Just not the Shaolin you are accustomed to . KC
    shaolin kung fu practiced at shaolin temple came from shaolin.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-30-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Its a saying as I said, But you said it better as many were absorbed into the temple thank you for verifying what I was taught as history in SD. KC

Now you have done it....

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    because neither you nor Sin The learned from a Shaolin student. that double dagger form you did really looked made up and you need MORE MOREMORE practice.

LMAO. no you wouldn't.
    you have shown exactly what I have known all along.....idiot. That double dagger form is the first road of the shaolin dd which anyone who knows northern shaolin would know that it a standard shaolin form. All forms and styles are made up, Especially CLF. Not even real shaolin greengrass monk my @$$.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    knowing that you come from a fraudulent lineage and your neglect of the truth only makes us believe you cannot see past the BS you were taught so you too spread lies and misinformation, that cult brainwashin is a mudda fukka huh?
    Blahblahblah same sh!t different day.... What a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    shaolin kung fu practiced at shaolin temple came from shaolin.
    Are you really this dense!?

Blog Entries
    you have shown exactly what I have known all along.....idiot. That double dagger form is the first road of the shaolin dd which anyone who knows northern shaolin would know that it a standard shaolin form. All forms and styles are made up, Especially CLF. Not even real shaolin greengrass monk my @$$.
    ROTMFFLMMFAO at Jim Jones aka Tatooedmonk. your UTTER stupidity is priceless. i mean PRICELESS. PRICELESS. I CAN'T DESCRIBE THE JOY I'M FEELING INSIDE. THANK YOU.

Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    One question:
    What do you mean by 'especially CLF"?

Blog Entries
    what do you mean by 'especially clf"?
    he or she is acting like that have some secret knowledge that forms were created by someone. Well of course you fakkin idiot. But none of those people, especially in clf lied and claimed to be of a system via learning it from doc fai wong's book or any book.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I'm actually pretty familiar with Northern Shaolin. So which school of Northern Shaolin is it the standard in? KYC Buk Siu Lum? Nanjing Kuoshou Curriculum? Songshan?

Inquiring minds want to know!
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Its a saying as I said, But you said it better as many were absorbed into the temple thank you for verifying what I was taught as history in SD. KC
    many styles were absorbed into shaolin. yours was not.

There is a difference between "made up" forms and forms developed through experience with sound principles in mind.
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/