View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1173 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 17367310731123116311711172117311741175118312231273 ... LastLast
Results 17,581 to 17,595 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Triad this is a synopsis of what I know of them

Precursors
    Main article: Heaven and Earth Society
    In the 1760s, the Heaven and Earth Society (天地會), a fraternal organization was founded, and as the society's influence spread throughout China, it branched into several smaller groups with different names, one of which was the Three Harmonies Society (三合會). These societies adopted the triangle as their emblem, usually accompanied by decorative images of swords or portraits of Guan Yu. The term "triad" was first coined by British authorities in colonial Hong Kong, as a reference to the triads' use of triangular imagery.[1] While never proven, it is "highly probable" that triad organizations either took after or were originally part of the revolutionary movement called the White Lotus Society,[2] and quite possibly, The Boxers.

Migration to Hong Kong
    When the Chinese Communist Party came to power in 1949 in mainland China, law enforcement became stricter and tough governmental crackdown on criminal organizations forced the triads to migrate to Hong Kong, then a British colony.[citation needed] It was estimated that in the 1950s, there were about 300,000 triad members in Hong Kong.[3] Academics at the University of Hong Kong say that most triad societies were established between 1914 and 1939, and that there were once more than 300 in the territory. Since then the number of such groups has consolidated to around 50, of which 14 are still regularly in the eye of police.[4] By 1951, there were nine main triads operating in Hong Kong and they had divided the land according to their ethnic groups and geographical locations, with each triad in charge of a region. The nine triads were Wo Hop To, Wo Shing Wo, Rung, Tung, Chuen, Shing, Sun Yee On, 14K and Luen. Each of them had their own headquarters, sub-societies and public fronts. After the 1956 riots, the Hong Kong government introduced stricter law enforcement and the triads became less active.

Scope of activities
    Triads currently engage in a variety of crimes from extortion and money laundering to trafficking and prostitution. They also are involved in smuggling and counterfeiting goods such as music, video, and software as well as more tangible goods such as clothes, watches, and money.[5]

Triads have been engaging in counterfeiting since the 1880s. Between the 1960s and 1970s, triads were involved in counterfeiting Chinese currency, often of the Hong Kong 50-cent piece. In the same decade, the gangs were also involved in copying books, usually expensive ones, and selling them in the black market. With the advent of new technology and the improvement of the average person's standard of living, triads have progressed to producing counterfeit goods such as watches, film VCDs / DVDs and designer apparel such as clothing and handbags.[6] Since the 1970s, triad turf control was weakened and some triads shifted their revenue streams to underground as well as legitimate businesses.[4]
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Blog Entries
    yeah thats outter stuff. there's alot of inner stuff you need to know.

i will say this.....the founder of the (三合會) was also the teacher to the founder of hung sing choy lee fut 鴻勝蔡李佛.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Actually to be fair some of the stuff presented in this video isnt horrible http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v7i37wzeDU
    I've seen students of "legit" sifus do worse. the techniques presented by the intstructor can be workable if given a proper training format and the techniques were streamlined a little with some of the fancier or less efficient techniques removed. at the very least they are working to apply their techniques. These guys may be the exception in shaolin do but they seem like an average school that I would be judging at a chicago tourny.

as for sharing videos

this is a training montage from last sept. at the school i train at
    http://youtu.be/syxf4EEAIGE
    This was shot during the course of actual classes so the training here is typical and not embellished for the camera

and this is my school youtube page
    http://www.youtube.com/user/k3hungsing

you shouldnt be ashamed to show your skills especially in the context of online debates. It's really the only way anyone is going to respect your opinon
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    I purposely "not" demonstrate my best for a few reasons. One of them is so people will make the mistake of underestimating me. These hands not only kptfo they can also wake some people up to the truth. :d
    You know who else used to make posts like this? Ashida Kim.

Blog Entries
    You know who else used to make posts like this? Ashida Kim.
    uhhhhhh ok sure. wutever. LOL you know who replies like you did? people who want to be like Ashida Kim. thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 12-03-2012 at 09:20 AM.

I am at a loss why people are still engaging you, hskwarrior. Maybe, they like watching temper tantrums of someone who hasn't managed any self mastery. You can't formulate a sentence without sounding like a thug; you don't even attempt to spell correctly. Your arguments are on par with middle school students I have taught in the past. (When I taught in the public schools, not at my martial arts school. Your attitude would not be allowed in my school.) You look like an overgrown walrus flailing your arms about and then claim you are holding back. You expect people to spend hundreds of dollars to fly to you so you can demonstrate your "superior skill" on them. You keep crying that material your school has taught out in books and videos was stolen. And to beat it all you try to bully your way around on here being the legend in your own mind that you are when most people, including SD detractors, think you are a joke.

Awaiting your inevitable response that will prove my point and be promptly ignored.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Blog Entries
    I am at a loss why people are still engaging you, hskwarrior.
    stfu. no one is talking to you.

you don't even attempt to spell correctly.
    ye yer shure rite bout that'er one. yee haw

You keep crying that material your school has taught out in books and videos was stolen. And to beat it all you try to bully your way around on here being the legend in your own mind that you are when most people, including SD detractors, think you are a joke.
    awwww....feew bedda nahw?

Your attitude would not be allowed in my school
    uhhhhh....me be a shalolin do student? nah...i'm cool. i'm not into joining cults. (thank god)

and that flailing arms part, we call that the iron octopus. we also shoot black die in the faces of our opponents to make our getaway.

(themeecer: do you really have a form called the iron octopus? HSK: no you dumb ass thats why you're Shaolin Do and I'm Hung Sing. LOL)
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 12-03-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Syn

Synny Syn Syn...........

Silver Back Gorilla. you try yet????????

my reaction.....OMG

Fat Frank

Haha you are part of a cult...and a blind follower at that. You have to be the most ridiculous person on these forums. What a turd burglar.

Quote Originally Posted by themeecer View Post
    I am at a loss why people are still engaging you, hskwarrior. Maybe, they like watching temper tantrums of someone who hasn't managed any self mastery. You can't formulate a sentence without sounding like a thug; you don't even attempt to spell correctly. Your arguments are on par with middle school students I have taught in the past. (When I taught in the public schools, not at my martial arts school. Your attitude would not be allowed in my school.) You look like an overgrown walrus flailing your arms about and then claim you are holding back. You expect people to spend hundreds of dollars to fly to you so you can demonstrate your "superior skill" on them. You keep crying that material your school has taught out in books and videos was stolen. And to beat it all you try to bully your way around on here being the legend in your own mind that you are when most people, including SD detractors, think you are a joke.

Awaiting your inevitable response that will prove my point and be promptly ignored.
    You have to admit it is mildly entertaining

if you're referring to seeing that in one of the video's bro, i swear on my mother all i showed was 40% of what i can do. I purposely "not" demonstrate my best for a few reasons. One of them is so people will make the mistake of underestimating me. These hands not only kptfo they can also wake some people up to the truth. :d
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Blog Entries

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Angry

yeah thats outter stuff. there's alot of inner stuff you need to know.

i will say this.....the founder of the (三合會) was also the teacher to the founder of hung sing choy lee fut 鴻勝蔡李佛.
    OMFG are you serious!? You have just proven your self to be the biggest idiot here in this forum.....congrats!

Blog Entries
    Tattooed Vagina boy,

what happened to your Imperical Evidence of the form your SENSEI stole out of Doc Fai's book?

Just like Sin The, you too are full of sh1t. LOL.

all talk. no action. LOL

Aww there's my biatch!

You awful as usual frank!