View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 136 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 36861261341351361371381461862366361136 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Sounds good to me. West K'ville would put it right in the middle of me and Yu.

Let's set it up.

Yu, don't forget you'll still cross the time zone.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Ha dang we`re building bridges! Yep, I`ve done the knoxville run 100 times. I know every nick and cranny in I-40. JP thanks for the offer, this helps.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

No problem. Right off of the Lovel Road exit. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

West Knoxville, 2nd exit good for me, I hate the thru traffic. Bad for Matt though. Are they ever going to get this traffic problem fixed in K`ville?
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

I've been here for 9 years and it hasn't gotten any better. One thing is for sure, they've worked on the problem enough that you would think it should be fixed.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I thought that road construction was SOP for Chattvegas & K'ville. I've been in & through them since the late 80's & have yet to avoid road work at any time.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

tell me more

Hey JP where is the school I used to live off Lovell Rd too. BTW plan to be living there by April Maybe we can train and build further the bridges ?? KC

Ok. When's the first date?

Yu, I need to really get some time in on Ling Beng Bu, both sides.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Hey, can anybody get in on this?

Actually I'm heading for a road trip soon and might be able to make a few stops along the way. PM me where I can find some of you guys.
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

to be on topic for a second...

I had a walk in tonight.

She had just come from the SD school down the street.

In the process of pitching myself and my school she asked me what the difference is between me and the SD school.

Here's what I told her.

The sifu at that school is a nice guy. I thought so the first time I met him, he got a good recommendation from the only other SD guy I know who is also a nice guy.

I told her that the teacher and the overall school environment was the most important thing.

I also told her that both school's systems were readily researched on the internet and that she could do so am draw her on conclusions.

I feel I was fair while somewhat expressing my own opinion.

I've had more contact with that sifu lately and continue to think he's a nice guy and plan on working with him and his teacher (Master Mullins) on getting a good sparring venue going in asheville because that's what they seem to be interested in.

But, to be fair to myself, I still have reservations about what they say as a group about the system and it's history.

Ashevegas, NC 28806

you're coming to fight, right?

Oso

Glad to hear that you have not expressed Bias in what you told that prospective student I would like to meet you you seem to harbor the true Martial Way are you in K-ville KC

nope, I'm only about 90 minutes away though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    The sifu at that school is a nice guy. I thought so the first time I met him, he got a good recommendation from the only other SD guy I know who is also a nice guy.

I told her that the teacher and the overall school environment was the most important thing.

I also told her that both school's systems were readily researched on the internet and that she could do so am draw her on conclusions.

I feel I was fair while somewhat expressing my own opinion.

I've had more contact with that sifu lately and continue to think he's a nice guy and plan on working with him and his teacher (Master Mullins) on getting a good sparring venue going in asheville because that's what they seem to be interested in.

But, to be fair to myself, I still have reservations about what they say as a group about the system and it's history.
    Be sure to bring in Scott Powell in Asheville. He teaches there too, but only has about 10 students. He's not the most politically correct guy, but he has a good heart, a great personality, and he's a good fighter. He just calls things as he sees them which can rub some people the wrong way. He was there on Saturday and ended up being a coach of sorts for me.

As for what you said; that's fine. I explain it to people like this:

Our art is controversial in the CMA community. Our teacher came from Indonesia, and while claiming lineage to the Shaolin temples, the outward trappings have changed somewhat from what you see in other CMA schools. Our history, beyond Sin The's teachers, are also unverifiable. While some people place a great deal of emphasis on history and lineage, I think what matters is the quality of the instruction and the applicability of the material. I feel we offer both as well as any school.

But, then again, I am a little biased. Call it as you see it Oso. I feel you are as objective as anyone I've met on this topic.

I expalin the difference in your school and ours in terms of focus. Your school focuses on a single style and you will get a deeper understanding of mantis forms, theory application and principles there than we can offer you. The forms are good and they train good fighters. Our school teaches more diverse material in a curriculim designed to build off the skills learned earlier. It's a different approach, but the end result is intended to be the same.

Plus you guys have the best spear set I've ever seen.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 02-08-2006 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    Ashevegas, NC 28806

you're coming to fight, right?
    Yeah, it's the Ou Ji Fight Tour '06.

Actually, if there's as much drinking as I hear then fighting is inevitable. I'm mostly Irish.
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld