View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 612 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1125125626026106116126136146226627121112 ... LastLast
Results 9,166 to 9,180 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Lmao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    MRKiii, it says something when non-SD people are calling you out too. Several people on these forums have issues with SD but they can at least speak coherently about the issues. All you do is act like an immature little kid. I think you were, what 13, when you trained in SD? From your posts it seems you never grew out of that 13 year old mindset.

Keep thinking I couldn't defend myself. That's fine with me--I want people to underestimate me. It seems that you do.
    BURN!!!!

Hey guys, I watched this vid again:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=6004254

Are you guys sure this "ground dragon" isn't Dog Boxing. I mentioned once that the Chinese refer to Dog Boxing as "Earth Dragon" Boxing, and from what I've seen of Dog Boxing, this fits the bill. The sweeps, the suicide kicks, etc....

Does anyone know the pinyin for the form?

(And when it the style might come to ATL?)

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Good morning my SD friends. How are you all doing this fine morning. GM Sin said that you didn't have to dring cool aid today, you may drink orange juice instead. He said that orange juice will make you be able to do the wonderous feats that he has accomplished. So drink up kiddies. So has is your all's training coming along? Learn any new deadly and rare techniques? Have you learned the Golden Shower form yet or is it the Golden Centipede, I forget. Any how, hope your day will be as joyous as mine. Take care SD friends.
    Is anyone else mildly disturbed that this fellow has trouble with "drink" and "sense/since" but spells Golden Shower correctly with grace and aplomb? Anyone?
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Hey guys, I watched this vid again:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=6004254

Are you guys sure this "ground dragon" isn't Dog Boxing. I mentioned once that the Chinese refer to Dog Boxing as "Earth Dragon" Boxing, and from what I've seen of Dog Boxing, this fits the bill. The sweeps, the suicide kicks, etc....

Does anyone know the pinyin for the form?

(And when it the style might come to ATL?)
    Joe is a ****ing beast. You can quote me on that.

Fantastic. Also, the music for that form was very interesting, and creative. Not Back in Black or TNT... thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlin View Post
    Joe is a ****ing beast. You can quote me on that.

Fantastic. Also, the music for that form was very interesting, and creative. Not Back in Black or TNT... thank God.
    What's wrong with a little AC/DC? At least he wasn't playing the Wong Fei Hung theme song....LOL....

Let's give mkriii his due. We might reach 600 pages a lot faster with him posting...

I was about to write something along the lines of what sean_stonehart wrote, but he already stated it so eloquently. Nicely put.

Is this typical of the Shaolin Temple?

Take a look at this.
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Take a look at this.
    I dunno about the temples, but it looks exactly like the sign at Zhao Chang jun's school in Xi'an that greeted us in 2001. Later that night it was also at the T'ang Dynasty theatre show & dumpling restaurant. It wasn't at Liang's Shaolin school in Dengfeng 2 days before.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Yeah they went on (the guides) about how good the dumplings were at the show and I thought that they were saying that because they had never had my mom's chicken and dumplings.
    Oh, but the dumplings were that good. And that rice wine Man those were really good dumplings, I think that there were 21 different types? Anyway, I liked about nineteen of them!
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by BM2 View Post
    Yeah they went on (the guides) about how good the dumplings were at the show and I thought that they were saying that because they had never had my mom's chicken and dumplings.
    Oh, but the dumplings were that good. And that rice wine Man those were really good dumplings, I think that there were 21 different types? Anyway, I liked about nineteen of them!
    The dumplings were ok... I guess they were that good because of the stuff we had in Henan, I dunno.

The rice wine?? OMG... I was so hung over for the flight to Tibet, but that junk was great!!!!!!
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Is that the best you can come up with......."I'm an idiot"? Come on, be more creative than that. If anyone is an idiot it is you for taking up for SD. You know what Barnum & Bailey said.....There's a sucker born every minute. You just keep drinking your cool aid and thinking you are the SH** and one day when you'll need to call apon that knowledge you learned in SD and you'll probably get your arse whoooped because it no good and unpracticle. You only need look at the cover of GM Sin's book and you'll see that its a joke. He's standing in a crane stance wearing tennis shoes.....New Balance tennis shoes at that, not even a good brand of shoes. And he's got his arm spread in what appears to be an ATTEMPT to look like crane wings. His wordrobe kind of takes away from the look that I think that he was trying for. It look like a joke. I almost busted out laughing.
    You are an idiot......racist........pervert, and a Troll.......I'm the Troll Terminator and you will be terminated.......I know where you can be found MARK.........DON'T FEAR THE NIGHT.......FEAR WHAT HUNTS AT NIGHT
    TT

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    The dumplings were ok... I guess they were that good because of the stuff we had in Henan, I dunno.

The rice wine?? OMG... I was so hung over for the flight to Tibet, but that junk was great!!!!!!

Oh man, I recall that stuff in Henan I really recall waking up at 4:00 a.m. with my stomach hurting so much as I ran to the toilet just in time. I had stopped taking the pepto bismal because I was starting to pass precious jade everytime I left a dump. It seems I stopped taking it one day too soon though.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by BM2 View Post
    Oh man, I recall that stuff in Henan I really recall waking up at 4:00 a.m. with my stomach hurting so much as I ran to the toilet just in time. I had stopped taking the pepto bismal because I was starting to pass precious jade everytime I left a dump. It seems I stopped taking it one day too soon though.
    I ate Pepto from the time we arrived at the airport in Guangzhou til we got back to LAX & I had a margarita & burrito in the terminal.

I just didn't eat in Henan if I could help it. If I couldn't I tried to eat whatever looked fried. That went double in Wenxian. I had beer there... lots of that, but nothing to eat until we got back to Zhengzhou that night.

Jade I got in Xian at the night market & in Beijing. I wish I'd gotten some of the black mayflower jade in Luoyang, but oh well. Sometimes you miss on things.

Question

Havent been here in a bit. wont comment about Mrkiii posts. As i am reading it looks as if some of you went on another China trip. okay so here is the question. Did ANYONE who was there, who likes high quality green tea, happen to buy some in a decent quantity and bring it back? i have always been into the green tea and pretty much spend my money on high quality loose leaf oolong, green oolong, and white along with the Puh Erh(red tea) as well. But was wondering if any of you had the opportunity to try the local tea faire?

Peace to all,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Tea

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Havent been here in a bit. wont comment about Mrkiii posts. As i am reading it looks as if some of you went on another China trip. okay so here is the question. Did ANYONE who was there, who likes high quality green tea, happen to buy some in a decent quantity and bring it back? i have always been into the green tea and pretty much spend my money on high quality loose leaf oolong, green oolong, and white along with the Puh Erh(red tea) as well. But was wondering if any of you had the opportunity to try the local tea faire?

Peace to all,,,TWS
    Not that you were asking me but, I found this great place in San Francisco called www.redblossomtea.com. Great stuff.