View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 79 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081891291795791079 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

GT: Do you happen to remember when Thrust was taught?

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

Tws

From Who's point of view? Yours? LOL. Yes i can see where SD people will see my posts as "slanted".
    Yes from my point of view. I can't speak for everyone else silly. But I would imagine that anyone that knows your past (mouth wrote a check your a$$ couldn't cash then got made cause noone would fight your fight for you) would see that you have a pattern.....slam SD/say the training was killer. Sound like a wee bit of schizophrenic good cop/bad cop to me. Anyway....

you can belittle all you want what i have to write here. As i see it you are being the good soldier in your organization,,standing up for it,,,being defensive in the face of the attacks and countering with attacks of your own(as i once did)
    It is not my intent to belittle anyone (except see above and probably a time or two below). And like I said before, I won't waste my time defending the same old arguement any more.

but i challenge you to go up to Sin The' or Bill Leonard and tell them about your posts here on the forum
    You would think after your last "challenge" you wouldn't throw that word around so much.* (See above concerning belittlement) But I have talked about these issues with Bill a few time and was told to generally ignore you all. (I do wish I had never been told of this site, its like crack!)

So TWS my friend, chill out. Enjoy what you do now, let go of the past. Its like talking smack about every girl that ever dumped you. It's kinda childish and it accomplishes nothing.

Sorry I couldn't remember more about the Mantis seminars.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    I knew Yazen did 7* Bung Bo at the tournament. I was one of his judges and scored him 1st.

Ying Yang 2 man set? Don't have it. Don't know anything about it. Did you have it Sean?
    I thought you were.

Don't have it. It was taught before I got there & not since I left.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger
    But I have talked about these issues with Bill a few time and was told to generally ignore you all.
    Why? What was his reasoning for not answering the criticisms directly?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

But I would imagine that anyone that knows your past (mouth wrote a check your a$$ couldn't cash then got made cause noone would fight your fight for you) would see that you have a pattern.....slam SD/say the training was killer. Sound like a wee bit of schizophrenic good cop/bad cop to me. Anyway....

I have NEVER asked ANYONE to fight my fights for me. What i asked for was SUPPORT in the challenge and i was initially given that support and then the support got withdrawn at the last minute. It shows a LACK of INTEGRITY on the part of the one who gave it then took it away. YOU DONT DO THAT to someone and expect them to remain loyal to you and your organization especially when the history is a bunch of cr@p.

Yes bill told you to ignore all this right? and yet you are still here arent you? dont give me that " this site is like crack" BS to me. you make your choices just as i did.

Peace,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Probably because he knows that the answers he would give would collapse like the bag of lies that they are.

See the 'Shaolin Center' quotes on the last page. Hello?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Quote Originally Posted by wdl
    GT: Do you happen to remember when Thrust was taught?

-Will

Is Thrust and Enters the Door (Tang Lang Tse D'ju) the same thing? Been a while since I heard reference to "thrust and Blitz". Master Hiang taught all of the other Tang Lang forms out in the early 80's late 70's perhaps? Thrust, Blitz, Chein. As for "Trap", I missed it if he taught it.

Those aren't generally encouraged (Trap and Blitz) so I didn't keep up with them.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger
    Is Thrust and Enters the Door (Tang Lang Tse D'ju) the same thing? Been a while since I heard reference to "thrust and Blitz". Master Hiang taught all of the other Tang Lang forms out in the early 80's late 70's perhaps? Thrust, Blitz, Chein. As for "Trap", I missed it if he taught it.

Those aren't generally encouraged (Trap and Blitz) so I didn't keep up with them.
    I think the TN folks call it Thrusts open the door or some such. It's the same I think.

Yeah, it's the same I believe.

-Will

Quote Originally Posted by wdl
    Yeah, it's the same I believe.

-Will
    Yep. Praying Mantis Enters the Door a.k.a. Mantis Thrust. It's listed on the SDA website. Why isn't that one "encouraged", GT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    Yep. Praying Mantis Enters the Door a.k.a. Mantis Thrust. It's listed on the SDA website. Why isn't that one "encouraged", GT?

I think he was talking about Trap and Blitz and not Thrust.

-Will

I was there at the Radisson when Sin The' taught out Bung Bo, but I think it was called something else, not sure though. I still have the videotape for that one and a couple of others in a box somewhere.
    The four original ones were Tang Lang Tse Ju, Pu Fu, Chung Sen and Chien (I'm sure I spelled at least one of those wrong). I picked up three, missed Pu Fu.
    I'm curious too as to why some of those aren't encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Dragon
    I was there at the Radisson when Sin The' taught out Bung Bo, but I think it was called something else, not sure though. I still have the videotape for that one and a couple of others in a box somewhere.
    The four original ones were Tang Lang Tse Ju, Pu Fu, Chung Sen and Chien (I'm sure I spelled at least one of those wrong). I picked up three, missed Pu Fu.
    I'm curious too as to why some of those aren't encouraged.
    I don't encourage people to do Tang Lang Chien, but mostly because it just makes you really tired.
    Actually it's a sorta fun form, but my god it has a ton of kicks, very tiresome.

Blog Entries
    As far as I know, and I was at the Sports Center in the early 80's,
    I bet Sin The was pulling some serious tail at his sports center in the '80s.

Imagine it.......the cocaine era, you have a mullet, huge muscles and own a "sports center" right when athletic clubs were becoming the rage.

I bet he drove a camaro, wore butt tight white jeans and a half shirt and blasted the Whitesnake as he pulled in to his "Master's Only" parking spot everyday.

It would have driven the b!tches wild!!!!!

Aah....the good old days....right Golden Tiger?

Now look where he is.

Right back where he started....teaching the Gwai Lo chop suey fu.
    Last edited by Fu-Pow; 03-10-2005 at 04:05 PM.

Yin Yang 2 man set, very nice kata. I have that one it is Part 3 of the set.

Bung Bo, Im not sure but it seems like at the seminar (Shaolin Monkey Fist) I heard that name mentioned. I could be wrong. I like Shaolin Monkey Fist, it has alot of good applications to it but its not really one of my favorites.
    The stronger you become in mind and body the more responsibilities you must endure.