View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 111 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 11611011091101111121131211612116111111 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

JP: It was Late i couldnt sleep,,i had actually been at the gym a couple of hours before hand weight training. You know how it is when you train in the early evening,,you are revved up and your metabolism is racing?

KC Yes Indeed, IN fact JCSS and Hair are the only musicals on broadway and in the theatre that i like and can tolerate.

Peace,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

You should see Avenue Q...it was a riot. Jess and I went to see it while in the city. It's like an adult version of Sesame Street!
    Last edited by ninthdrunk; 05-08-2005 at 07:59 AM.

Ttt...............
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford
    Ttt...............
    You don't want to let this go do you Fred?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

close this thread...it sux, and the conclusion is SD is what it is. Mods, do your job, please.
    MTV-Get Off The Air-Now

KwaiC said: Sanford, You would not have to wonder if you challenged a 20 year veteran of SD when you recover and are out of ICU you would know unless you recieved irrreversible brain damage. KC

my response: Bwaha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa!!! I play with Fred on a regular basis, and am happy to take bets on any SD master who wants to "cross hands" with him. We can do it on indian land, so there won't be any problems...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Rhadnothti said: Cerebus, do you think it's possible that Willem De Thours would look at what you consider "traditional kung-fu" and call it flowery useless wushu? It seems to be a COMMON critique offered by Indonesian kuntao players. It is also (as near as I can tell) common for kuntao practicioners to believe their lineage is "real/true/old kungfu". There are also quite a few kuntao folks tracing their lineage back to "shaolin". Maybe part of the problem a lot of kung-fu players have with shaolin-do would also apply to a lot of kuntao styles?

My reply; No. As someone who knows Willem personally, and is a direct student of his lineage heir for bladework, I can say with certainty that willem would not refer to the Tang Shou Tao stuff as useless or flowery. There are too many similarities. He does disparage flowery stuff, but by flowery it is often refering to practicing stuff that can't be used - much like what I see out of SD.

Is SD a 'form' of Kun Tao? Sure, any system with Chinese influences, even karate, can be called Kun Tao in it's loosest sense. Is this what teaches of KTS mean when they talk about 'Kun Tao'? No. Your Kun Tao is not my Kun Tao, pal.

Look, one of my teachers has a soft spot for sin The' - looks at the crazy stuff he says, and points out that a LOT of Indo teachers say crazy stuff. But for me, I look at the content, and the behavior of the followers - except for JP, I see a flood of true beleivers that will follow Sin The all the way to the Flav-R-aid table, despite the mountain of information they are faced with.
    --- Napoleon

"You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Judge Pen said: With regard to our interaction with other art. . . . Live and let live. It is arrogant for us to authoritatively state that we know everything about their art because we practice some of it. Look for similarities, appreciate the differences and treat all with respect and an attitude of learning. If we all did that, and talked less about how great we were, I think less people would have a problem with SD.

My Reply: This is sage advice. SD has a real problem in beleiving it's own press, something that is pretty easy to disprove.
    --- Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySlap Too
    I play with Fred on a regular basis
    nuff said......

....and am happy to take bets on any SD master who wants to "cross hands" with him.
    smells of "my dad can beat up your dad"..... MST, have you went up against many and/or any or the SD masters? I wonder how you can make an informed statement such as this.

SD has a real problem in beleiving it's own press, something that is pretty easy to disprove
    And yet after more than 1200 posts, you haven't been about to provide it......

I knew better than to get on here but idle minds are tools of the devil.....
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Oh GT, you rascally true beleiver you... you left offf the part where KC says Fred will end up in the icu. Which, I can pretty much gaurentee would not happen.

Who says I haven't had first hand experience?

Oh, and try the grape Flav-R-Ade, the rat poison is less bitter than in the cherry.
    --- Napoleon

My view is to keep this thread open to avoid another from being started.
    MST, could you PM me on who you have seen?
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by MST
    Oh GT, you rascally true beleiver you... you left offf the part where KC says Fred will end up in the icu. Which, I can pretty much gaurentee would not happen.
    Yes, I did leave that off (probably due to sub-conscious bias) and I agree, very few end up in the ICU.

Quote Originally Posted by MST
    Who says I haven't had first hand experience?
    No one that I know of. That's why I asked. You shouldn't answer a question with a question.

By the way, SD is celebrating its 40th year anniversity. Aren't ya happy for us?
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger
    By the way, SD is celebrating its 40th year anniversity. Aren't ya happy for us?
    That's funny. I thought you were celebrating your 1,540th anniversary...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    That's funny. I thought you were celebrating your 1,540th anniversary...
    SD, as we know it in the U.S., is 40 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Those who know do not speak, Those who speak usually just show their Ignorance and remove all doubt, Monkey Slap, Also I wonder who Fred Sanford is and where is Lamont KC