View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 113 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 13631031111121131141151231632136131113 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

KC said: "Everything else is conjecture on your part kc"

REPLY: Why do you talk to yourself?

And, no it is not conjecture, it is a logical assumption based on A.) You are an SD 'true-beleiver.' Therefore B.) Whatever you did before wasn't very good/was too hard for you/you did not understand. Otherwise, you would not be a 'true-believer' of the Mullet Fist.

Okay, I need to go find some adults to chat with. You kids argue amongst yourselves...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

will this thread ever cease?

Speaking of that, any of you SD guys no anything about Kung Fu Kitchen? They're asking me for sponsorship. WTF?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

HAHA I laugh in your general direction KC

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    Speaking of that, any of you SD guys no anything about Kung Fu Kitchen? They're asking me for sponsorship. WTF?
    It's like Hell's Kitchen Gene, only with a Shaolin Do twist on it.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

not quite, ewallace...

...it's a new reality tv show from the personal chef of the Soards. Don't beleive me? Check it out. Stranger things have happened...like hairy-faced monks...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

LOL
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    ...it's a new reality tv show from the personal chef of the Soards. Don't beleive me? Check it out. Stranger things have happened...like hairy-faced monks...
    Why do you want to learn to cook: To meet girls
    Whoever they are they are cool in my book.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

This thread is just getting weirder and stranger But then again, it makes me feel more normal after reading these posts
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

LOL! Man, I haven't looked at this thread for awhile! I just got too tired of trying to explain things reasonably to people who have their fingers in their ears and keep repeating "na na na na na I can't hear you, I can't hear you, na na na na".

I have to admit though, it provided some comic relief to see quaichang asking if maybe one of the de Thouars brothers might look at the martial arts that I do & call it flashy wooshoo . quaichang, you might wanna know what I do before making such funny speculations. As MS2 pointed out, I'm a student of the Tang Shou Tao's Shen Lung Hsing-I. But hey, you're a shaolin-d'oh practitioner and you're taught that evryone outside of your art only does WoooShooo, right?

And to see the kind of ridiculous crap you're talking, you obviously don't have a clue what MS2 trains either. You can keep your head stuck firmly in the sand (or wherever you have it stuck) all you wish, but it just won't make your fantasies come true.

Thanks for the laughs though...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

yo cerebus, perhaps you should re read the posts i did not say other cma are wu shu , however, others have. i only posted an article from a master of kun tao, talking about the history of cma in Indonesia.
    I read the histories of you guys or girls as much as is there, but not much to read as far as their or your history in martial arts.
    I for one do not have my head in the sand. I did quite a bit of research before beginning SD. I for one enjoy it and see CMA in it . I feel those who continue to try to persuade others that what SD people do is not good or CMA, is a very biased and closed minded attitude , at least what some of the SD people do is "good" Martial Arts.
    Many of you guys would like to think SD people are not good fighters and you may be partially right but all people dont train to fight. I can fight but I have a "Weird" history in the MA anyway. Well I am sure many of you guys will clip this post to pieces and use small exerpts to prove a point, that also shows immaturity, but go for it.
    To conclude I would like for some one to prove a point with research instead of opinions like SD people cant fight or it doesnt look a certain way and cant therefore be CMA or from the Shaolin Temples with this I open the board for proof or links to sites or what ever. Thank You KC

Well, as I've posted on this thread (several times) and on other threads (maybe several hundred times), I have no doubts that many SDers can fight, I have no doubt that SD is a good martial art in it's own way, BUT that doesn't mean SD is traditional CMA (it isn't). The research demonstrating this point has been posted more times than I even care to try counting, but it obviously is useless to continue trying to lay the facts out (and probably just as useless for me to even bother posting this in the first place) because SD people generally don't want to know the truth, they want to read only that which supports their story (hence my comment about heads being in the sand).

Anyway, ignorance is bliss, and some people just want to be happy, not informed. Don't worry, be happy (you will anyway).
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

i only posted an article from a master of kun tao, talking about the history of cma in Indonesia.
    It's no secret that chinese people ended up in indonesia and brought kung fu with them. Your styles made up stories and elaborations are what is disputed.

You should buy a video tape of Willem De Thours or Steve Gartin so you can see what his kuntao is all about, it might open your eyes. (but probably won't). And maybe you shouldn't make assumptions about what people who you have never met would think.

I try not to make assumptions but when i attempt to open a dialogue there seems to be a reluctance from some to communicate . Instead I am asked to go to the bay area and put someone in ICU. How mature is that and how does that prove your or any ones side? I assume nothing, I too seek the truth , but it seems all you guys want is to prove how good you are with semantics. You "say" very little.
    Or some of you try to project the persona of some undefeatable God. I have communicated privately with some and they are cordial and true Bushi. Yet no one has proven anything. I research all of the references that I can and there are only assumptions on your part that the "stories" are not true.
    SD is a very succesful school and style, that is a good thing. I am sorry that you project the air of Jealosy with your statements perhaps not of the style though, I assume you are happy with what you do, though you dont seem to be. I wish you would try to fight another battle Fred S. I think you would have more success. KC Peace be with you.

KC, you sound like a chung moo guy, you run out of places to run, so you cite 'jealousy' - no, no, it's incredulity at the stupid things you guys say. I'm puzzled at how you define a succesful school...

remember, if you didn't claim to be all that and a bag of chips, no one would care. But when you read the SD stuff, and god help us, actually see SD, it's pretty obvious how wacked out some of you folks are.

As for Fred inviting you to the ICU, beleive you were the one offering that opportunnity, he's just happy to oblige you.

Dude, you are seriously misguided. You're in Austin right? Why don't you go check out Paul Geralds Shua Chiao school. Try your SD on beginning students there. See how you do in friendly competiton. Then tell me you have any legs to stand on with your arguments.

Oh, and I'mnot putting Paul on the spot. He's a true CMA player, and will play just for fun.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

So now KC after saying the pm's would stay between us you brought things onto the public forum. Serious lack of integrity. You brought up the ICU first in a post, little punk. But while it's out here, the only person going to ICU would be you, and I would love to have the opportunity to send ya.