View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 771 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2716717217617697707717727737818218711271 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,565 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    yes thats why you see so much grappling now lol
    any fool can tell the shifts going more to striking because strikers are getting to good at defending takedown and if you cant take somebody down grapplinsg useless and being that the fight starts standing up the grappler is automatically at a disadvantage to the striker
    nah this kid just has common sense
    Machida has a black belt in BJJ. But you knew that, right?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

i know but he wasnt using any of it to keep tito off of him was he?
    saying your just going to take somebody down is like saying your going to spin kick somebody in the jaw its alot easier said than done

particular favs are hung gar praying mantis wing chun bak mei white crane pak kua chang and uechi ryu
    How many of these arts have you trained in, worked out with a stylist, or crossed hands with a stylist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

can we just say spar allready isntead of cross hands i know you guys want to sound cool but it realy dosnt lol out of the group the only one was wing chun
    we dont have a great variety of cma stylist down here in co so im sol as far as meeting any of them
    outside of that the majority of sylists ive sparred with are boxers

lol here we go again i swear you guys have t be some of the thickest peopel ive ever met
    no where did i ever say i knew everything about grappling i said try doing it when the perso its fighting "dirty" and see how easy it is too take them down and ground and pound them

the fact that somebody can claim its easy to take someone down just shows how little knowledge THEY HAVE
    WHY DO YOU THINK JUDO GUYS WRESTLER SAMBO BJJ DRILL THE TAKE DOWN SO MUCH BECAUSE ITS HARD TO DO PROPERLY DUH!

yes im wrong getting slammed and rolling around on cocnrete with the potentila to land on god knows what dosnt hurt lol

and i could easily throw it back what makes you right
    let me guess your a street fighter lol

I don't think kanasuke is an SD practitioner, but you were probably thinking that anyone but YOU doesn't know what they are talking about....
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

i know but he wasnt using any of it to keep tito off of him was he?
    saying your just going to take somebody down is like saying your going to spin kick somebody in the jaw its alot easier said than done
    So you are only doing BJJ if you are on the ground?

see what i mean about being thick were did i say he was an sd guy lol
    i guess you dont fall inot that margin of doctors and professors etc etc who do sd huhlol

bjj dose have standup but its primitive at best since the throws from kudo kan judo were taken out

I dont know, I havent had much problem doing either of these things . Maybe you arent training right

well yeah when you play mortal combat for ten hours everyday im sure you dont tat lol

"you guys" in a thread about SD. It's a safe assumption, but I was pointing that out to you because you seem to miss a lot of details.

And, believe it or not, I agree than many things in martial arts are easier said than done. So we at least have that common ground.

Where we differ is I don't assume that I know more about things upon which my experience has been very limited.

can we just say spar allready isntead of cross hands i know you guys want to sound cool but it realy dosnt lol out of the group the only one was wing chun
    we dont have a great variety of cma stylist down here in co so im sol as far as meeting any of them
    outside of that the majority of sylists ive sparred with are boxers
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yeah right

see what i mean about being thick were did i say he was an sd guy lol
    i guess you dont fall inot that margin of doctors and professors etc etc who do sd huhlol

bjj dose have standup but its primitive at best since the throws from kudo kan judo were taken out
    DER DER DER!!!!!STFU already. We know you are full of $H!T, you dont have to keep proving it post after post!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    "you guys" in a thread about SD. It's a safe assumption, but I was pointing that out to you because you seem to miss a lot of details.

And, believe it or not, I agree than many things in martial arts are easier said than done. So we at least have that common ground.

Where we differ is I don't assume that I know more about things upon which my experience has been very limited.
    well maybe if your mam gave you any manners you could have asked gojy what did you mean by you guys? and i would have ansered
    he didnt say he was sd so i didnt assume he was

Free Entertainment

Goju - For curiosity's sake I have to ask. Are you capable of typing, spelling, correct grammar, or sentence structure?

I'm not attacking your post content to avoid a point. Your mediocre communication skills are my point.

If you simply don't care...why? I would think that if you came here to educate the ignorant, you would at least try and communicate intelligently. Not only does your communication approach make you appear less intelligent than you may or may not be, your posts are almost painful to read.

My 10 year old daughter can write better and convey her point more eloquently than you do.

How do you expect anyone to take what you say seriously, not just here, but anywhere?

You come to this board and rehash points that have been debated for hundreds of pages on this thread. You insist that no one will answer your questions, and then refuse to read the answers that have already been posted because apparently you're too lazy to actually read this thread.

You say that you came here to save the uneducated from the big scam that is SD. News flash...Google is every one's friend. There is almost no such thing as an uninformed consumer in this day and age. No one needs you to save them from making a poor MA training choice.

The pics you posted give no indication of your actual skill level. My 11 year old son can throw the same kick that you're doing in your pic. Common sense would say that your kick would have more power than my son's because you're bigger and have more muscle to use. In a pic both kicks will look the same because there's no way to tell how much power you do or do not have. Several folks on here have offered to post a video for you. All you have to do is film it and send it. Hell I'll even post it if you send it to me. You Tube is very simple to use.

My point is that you have offered no concrete evidence to support your claim that you are the superior martial artist when compared to others on this board, us SD guys in particular. The days of having what you claim accepted at face value are gone young man. If you can't post video evidence to back up your smack talk, it's all just empty key strokes and a waste of bandwidth. Put up or shut up.

You are a little more fun than watching paint dry and you have revived a fun thread. Thanks for that, but beyond that your posts are pretty much just silly. I'm sure you'll post something about how what I've said doesn't bother you, and how you don't have to prove anything to anybody...blah, blah, blah. I just thought I'd give you a bit of insight into why you're not being taken seriously and everyone considers you to be the common garden variety Internet troll. Have a great day.

This concludes my rant. I now return you to your regularly scheduled banter, already in progress.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

well yeah I play with my D!CK for ten hours everyday!!!! im sure you dont lol
    Fixed it for ya. Your right I don't!!