View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 905 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 4058058558959039049059069079159551005 ... LastLast
Results 13,561 to 13,575 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

clear up

old man i think you should clear up your pm

Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    Date July 1 1992
    PLace Bandung, Indonesia
    Grand Hotel Preanger main banquet hall honoring Grandmaster Sin by some of his old colleagues students in particular Tjie Tiong and the White lotus society (I believe) At the time Tjie Tong was well into his 80's after the banquet he did 'push hands' with any one who wanted to cross hands. He was very strong and fast. There were many forms shown by both the visiting Americans and the local Bandung group. Some were in plain sams others looked like club uniforms all including the ladies were very colorful. Empty hand and weapon forms were shown along with a couple of two man weapon sets, A little bit of sparring as well . After the dinner a few late comers showed some more forms. It was quite informative. A lot of the forms shown were in the upper black belt level. All of which I believe have been taught out in the original home school, but I am not sure. Those that were readily recognizable to me in 1992 were the 3rd Brown Belt Broad sword, Tai chi Fan, sword, 24,64, and Buddha fist. Others became clearer as they were taught out 13/14 White crane, New Golden mountain tiger, Ground dragon.
    I think these films/videos are treasures and for as much as those who could/would/should see them and enjoy them there are as many "foo/keyboard' naysayer and @$$ Wholes that
    I have had to listen to for over 40+ years of whining and complains (and they should have been practicing their own style to better them selves) that I keep these to myself and enjoy. Because other opinions, besides GMS and my master, do not matter ‘Nuf said!!!!
    OTD
    here are some pictures some may enjoy.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...992Demo001.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...eshouse001.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...-Ticket001.jpg
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

jie tiong

hi bruce,
    thanks for your information is the old guy in the second foto's Jie tiong?

regards,

Kuni & Bruce
    I believe the older gentleman in the picturt to be GGMIe adoptive son.
    The atached picture is Tjie Tiong in the Multi-colores jacket seated on the end.
    He was the one that was hosting the get together.

Bruce nice to have you back in the states, did you miss the cold and snow?

OTD
    i was trying to place who he was ... thanks.

i am in milan italy today and fly to athens greece in the am ... another few days and i will be back in the good ole usa...
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    Thanks for the warning
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

adoptive son

Kuni & Bruce
    I believe the older gentleman in the picturt to be GGMIe adoptive son.
    The atached picture is Tjie Tiong in the Multi-colores jacket seated on the end.
    He was the one that was hosting the get together.

Bruce nice to have you back in the states, did you miss the cold and snow?

OTD

who is the nam eof the adoptive son of ie? do you no?

the flowers have bloomed ,,, fun little form
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Date July 1 1992
    PLace Bandung, Indonesia
    Grand Hotel Preanger main banquet hall honoring Grandmaster Sin by some of his old colleagues students in particular Tjie Tiong and the White lotus society (I believe) At the time Tjie Tong was well into his 80's after the banquet he did 'push hands' with any one who wanted to cross hands. He was very strong and fast. There were many forms shown by both the visiting Americans and the local Bandung group. Some were in plain sams others looked like club uniforms all including the ladies were very colorful. Empty hand and weapon forms were shown along with a couple of two man weapon sets, A little bit of sparring as well . After the dinner a few late comers showed some more forms. It was quite informative. A lot of the forms shown were in the upper black belt level. All of which I believe have been taught out in the original home school, but I am not sure. Those that were readily recognizable to me in 1992 were the 3rd Brown Belt Broad sword, Tai chi Fan, sword, 24,64, and Buddha fist. Others became clearer as they were taught out 13/14 White crane, New Golden mountain tiger, Ground dragon.
    I think these films/videos are treasures and for as much as those who could/would/should see them and enjoy them there are as many "foo/keyboard' naysayer and @$$ Wholes that
    I have had to listen to for over 40+ years of whining and complains (and they should have been practicing their own style to better them selves) that I keep these to myself and enjoy. Because other opinions, besides GMS and my master, do not matter ‘Nuf said!!!!
    OTD

If you had to compare the Indonesian school with its American offshoot, how would you define the main differences? ST/SD has a different curriculum setup, so of course the emphasis develops differently in conjunction with that and the student's interest, so I'm not saying one thing's better than another.

Just curious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    the flowers have bloomed ,,, fun little form
    So what did this form teach you that the others did not?

that GM SIN can move his muscles like a freak.......... i guess you would have just had to seen it... oh and that i am much fatter then most in the system.. haha..
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

heya

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but I was googling my username (I was bored ) for fun and came across this forum. I too am an SD practitioner and I am glad to see a fairly serious discussion of the system here. I hope to learn and discuss some cool stuff with you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    So what did this form teach you that the others did not?
    I was at the seminar, and the bulk of what was different wasn't so much in the form, but the training. The training of individual muscles leads to more nerve activity, resulting in a more active brain.

There's an excellent book out there called The Brain That Changes Itself, by Norman Doidge. It deals with neuroplasticty, meaning that the brain can adapt and change given the right nerve stimulus. Given that that's basically what 10,000 Lotus is about, it's a great read for someone who has learned it.
    Last edited by KungFuGenius; 03-23-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuGenius View Post
    Not sure if this is the best place for this, but I was googling my username (I was bored ) for fun and came across this forum. I too am an SD practitioner and I am glad to see a fairly serious discussion of the system here. I hope to learn and discuss some cool stuff with you guys!

I was at the seminar, and the bulk of what was different wasn't so much in the form, but the training. The training of individual muscles leads to more nerve activity, resulting in a more active brain.

There's an excellent book out there called The Brain That Changes Itself, by Norman Doidge. It deals with neuroplasticty, meaning that the brain can adapt and change given the right nerve stimulus. Given that that's basically what 10,000 Lotus is about, it's a great read for someone who has learned it.
    I'll check the book out. I love to read. So would you consider taichi the opposite in terms of goals?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    I'll check the book out. I love to read. So would you consider taichi the opposite in terms of goals?
    I wouldn't say opposite. I would consider them different facets on the same jewel. Or different paths up the same mountain. You know what I mean :P Like Xingyi and Taichi, sure they look different, but when you break them down the principles are the same, but the methods are a little different.

thats an interesting pic. another one that you will not say where it came from??

Any one have any thoughts on this ??
    Old guy with a sai...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.