View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1116 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 11661610161066110611141115111611171118112611661216 ... LastLast
Results 16,726 to 16,740 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Blog Entries
    shaolin do with rhythm

Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries

play this beat in another window and watch these monkeys dance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC1u6iEpFkI
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-10-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    shaolin do with rhythm

It's Hammer Time!

Can't touch this....

What about before video, DVD, and YouTube?

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post

why should you be treated with respect when we all know the primary learning source for your school comes from books,vcds, dvds, and youtube.
    What then is your explanation for what he taught originally in the 60's, before there was Internet, YouTube, videos or DVD's? Where did that material, modified or original, come from, other than his CHINESE teachers at the Chuan Yen school in Indonesia? And, that is the "primary learning source" for those who have been in the system the longest, and who most SD practitioners would recognize as the best of the SD practitioners, and who would put them up against anyone.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

"Those kinds of posts"

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I appologize to those who wish to have constructive conversation on here about MA and SD, I will no longer respond to those kinds of posts . I fell into the trap of trying to defend my self and didnt even need to.
    And I would like to know if Lau Bun ever became an american citizen , thereis talk he didnt, if so he was another Asian profiting off stupid american people. GwaiLo KC
    Good for you, trying to take a higher road. I read this thread to get insight on martial arts, SD and otherwise. It would be about half as long and take about half as much time to keep up with it if the "you are bad" and "I am not" and the grammar attacks and semantic debates were eliminated. Is there a separate thread where people who don't like each other and want to insult each other, or pump themselves up, maybe dishonoring themselves in the process, can go to do that, so the rest of us who are interested in actual information don't have to wade through it?
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Blog Entries
    What then is your explanation for what he taught originally in the 60's, before there was Internet, YouTube, videos or DVD's? Where did that material, modified or original, come from, other than his CHINESE teachers at the Chuan Yen school in Indonesia? And, that is the "primary learning source" for those who have been in the system the longest, and who most SD practitioners would recognize as the best of the SD practitioners, and who would put them up against anyone.
    i'm not gonna even try to wonder what he taught back then. in my case in regards to your shaolin do, your founder took our form from a book and is teaching it without our permission. beyond that......GOOD LUCK.

Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-11-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by One student View Post
    Who knows but if sin the did not tell so many lies it would be much easier to find out.
    When I say sin the lies I should qualify that with I asked sin the where the 24 form came from and if the tai chi 64 form was Chang man Ching's form. He said they were both from Shaolin temple ... He lied to me personally. Why did he lie to me. What is there to gain?

The one who has been with sin the longest shows a very strange understanding of Bagua, Tai chi chuan and hsing I (arts which they both claim to be masters of)

I am pretty sure sin the did not learn chen 83 xin jia before 1968.
    It is possible he learned yang tai chi but unlikely if you listen to sin the' own words about his training. The man has contradicted himself many times.

Sin the claims to have met a crazy man when he was a teen and that this is who he learned internal from. From his own words he did not learn internal from ie chang ming. If you are interested in specific details it is all out there for anyone to find.

Add up the available time. When did sin the learn hsing I, Bagua or tai chi CHUAN not just yang but chen and the 24 form which he called the "Shaolin tai chi 24 form".
    This is a lot of material to master in such a short time as a teen who is wroking a job and going to school in addition to martial arts. Remember we still have the other 880 some forms.

I personally have put in a lot of time to learn more about these arts after my introduction at the csc atl. I have no problem with any student trying to increase their knowledge about the material they have learned but I do want them to know what the truth is.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Blog Entries
    Remember we still have the other 880 some forms.
    whoa are you serious? there's no need ever to have 880 forms

i'm sorry you got lied to bro

Not even guessing

I enjoyed my time in SD, i was about to test for Master Level when an injury and truth hit. I am not sure what was taught circa 1980 but I do know it was slower and more emphasis was on 1-30 I started in 81 so I remember what was said and in 92 the lies continued. I love training and had it not been for my prior experience in 7 star Tang Lang and Hung Jia I just assumed that it was different but always did say Hummm. I will cont to do my forms of choice and persue training elsewhere I have found a Tang Lang teacher and another CMA teacher, He has teachers come in from China and Wu Dang as well. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by brucereiter View Post

Sin the claims to have met a crazy man when he was a teen and that this is who he learned internal from.
    LOL. Not a good story for the sake of credentials. I wonder how anyone can say CMC's Yang short form is "Shaolin" while GM The' gives two separate origins for it, one of which involves this "crazy" (a generic "Wong") Chinese dude.

I do wonder, though ,why there's no stepping in cloud hands postures.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 11-11-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post

I do wonder, though ,why there's no stepping in cloud hands postures.
    I have wondered that too. I wonder if that is a change sin he made? I have not sceen it without stepping anywhere else.

Maybe the book was not clear enough to learn the stepping from.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Steps

There are three (3) steps in Cloud hands
    One with the Left foot to the Left after Each
    Set of Rise and Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by One student View Post
    BOOKS! I'm not saying he got all his material from books. I'm just saying, TCMA frauds have been learning from books for centuries.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    There are three (3) steps in Cloud hands
    One with the Left foot to the Left after Each
    Set of Rise and Fall.
    64 or 24? I learned 64 in '85 from sin the' and Eric smith. There was no stepping during cloud hands.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I enjoyed my time in SD, i was about to test for Master Level when an injury and truth hit. I am not sure what was taught circa 1980 but I do know it was slower and more emphasis was on 1-30 I started in 81 so I remember what was said and in 92 the lies continued. I love training and had it not been for my prior experience in 7 star Tang Lang and Hung Jia I just assumed that it was different but always did say Hummm. I will cont to do my forms of choice and persue training elsewhere I have found a Tang Lang teacher and another CMA teacher, He has teachers come in from China and Wu Dang as well. KC
    So you chose not to test for master because of the controversy? You mind clearing that up for me?