View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1159 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 15965910591109114911571158115911601161116912091259 ... LastLast
Results 17,371 to 17,385 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    The dumbest thing people do is act like they know things they don't actually know. It always shines thru.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Thread derail? Pfffft! That train left the tracks long ago. Instead of all the discussion of areas that have nothing to do with the traditional, highly respected and venerable CMA of Shaolin Do, how about we restrict our comments to the matters of SKT and SD in here and start new threads for the cerebral discussions elsewhere?

Does anyone have any video of Sin The doing material pre 1980? I wonder if his form was as sloppy as it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    My people skills don't suck, I purposely antagonize you. I've been up front about that from the beginning.
    Purposefuly antagonism = non-sucking people skills?

Syn7, you seem like a smart guy and a lot of what you say makes sense, but intentional, premeditated departures from common courtesy don't make them any less departures. In the stictly legal sense, a smart intentional ******* is more culpable than a dumb *******.

Just sayin'

Have him doing Tai Chi and San Njie in the Sportscenter back around '80.

Please post it, I would love to see it.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

It is a very looooonnnnnnggggg tape. Not sure if I even have it in digital.

Long Tape

It Can't be any longer then "1094 " Pages

Okay, you got me on a technicality. I will dig that thing up and see what I can do. Don't hold it against me if I am unable to make it work. It was originally a 8mm film and I do not know if I ever converted it to a DVD.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    Okay, you got me on a technicality. I will dig that thing up and see what I can do. Don't hold it against me if I am unable to make it work. It was originally a 8mm film and I do not know if I ever converted it to a DVD.
    I'd love to see it too.

I promise to check on it tonight when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    I guess that sounds about right. But I would say that 90% of all knife defenses taught by CMA are guilty of malpractice, as I once learned not too long ago.
    Not my version. Before I teach the handful of techniques against it, I teach the most effective. I mime handing the person my wallet and running away. Absolute nasty stuff that even the most solid lineage can't protect you 100% from. If they need more convincing I have told some students to google knife fight photos.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Why have i wasted all this time talking to baby that can only count to 0 and 1.
    I see what you did there.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    Have you done P90X? Which program (Classic or Doubles) and for how long?
    I am curious about this as well. I have done 1 full round and 2 half rounds of classic. (Half rounds because daily 3 hour commutes got in the way) Also did you use real weights or just the bands?

I did skip on the kenpo disc, I was rolling my eyes through the whole thing. I did the Cardio X disc instead and supplemented my normal form practice.

The Yoga X disc felt like it was 14 hours long. (I have the attention span of a gnat at times) But my body did feel good when I finished.
    Last edited by themeecer; 11-28-2012 at 03:14 PM.
    -shaolinarab