View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1255 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2557551155120512451253125412551256125712651305 ... LastLast
Results 18,811 to 18,825 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Pic

What happened to the pic that was up? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    What happened to the pic that was up? KC
    Which one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

The one of the stone..??
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    The one of the stone..??
    Yeah that one

Blog Entries

Shaolin Do Grand Master Hok Hou.....

Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    So thats where that ape crane set came from.
    Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy. Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious nor can any be replaced.

Blog Entries

Shaolin Tao eagle claw Tom toy???

So here's a guy who used to be called Matt Small, who's now called Matthew Lee. In this video he has taken the first 5 short kata modified them a little and calls it eagle claw Tom toy. In my opinion this is the wrong direction to go.

http://youtu.be/IVsrBBDwEro
    Last edited by bodhi warrior; 06-04-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    So here's a guy who used to be called Matt Small, who's now called Matthew Lee. In this video he has taken the first 5 short kata modified them a little and calls it eagle claw Tom toy. In my opinion this is the wrong direction to go.

Oh great, another Jake Mace
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

This guy is an idiot too. Him and Jake are good buddies who have been poorly trained by the Soards - and know it. But they can't actually change anything - because it means admitting they where wrong.

Blog Entries
    This guy is an idiot too. Him and Jake are good buddies who have been poorly trained by the Soards - and know it. But they can't actually change anything - because it means admitting they where wrong.
    now this makes sense. that fak moves exactly like jake tha fake monkey beaks. like twins.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post

I agree...he's also slowed them down so there's no cardio benefit anymore. There are already plenty of forms out there to perform slowly, why create another one?

Thats just pure $hit
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

13. Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    The 2nd photo looks like the beginning of tang Lang chuen.
    Looks like the short stick form. He is holding a kai pong in his right hand.

I don't know what to say about that.... modifying material from material that you learned from a man that probably made it up to begin with and then changing the name, and your own name, to distance yourself from the material's origins. Wow.

If you're going to keep doing and teaching SD, then be up front about it. Teach it the way you know it and the way it works for you and be honest about what you know and what it is. If you want to change it for what works for you personally, then have at it, but don't call it something else that implies a different origin.

Like I said early on, I will encourage my children to study martial arts, and if they want I will teach them what I know and what works for me, but they will know the origins as I understand them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Real or not?

well real or not if it works I will continue to practice SD. I will practice other things as well. I dont care if anyone approves or not. SD is an effective MA and is powerful in many ways. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !