View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1295 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 295795119512451285129312941295129612971305 ... LastLast
Results 19,411 to 19,425 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Okay, for the small minded individuals (who shall remain nameless), I trust you are aware that the majority of active posters on this thread that are knowledgeable about SDF are FORMER members of the organization, right?

Yes, there are a few current SDers on here, but they seldom post. Most of us left the organization some time ago for various reasons and most of us had previous training and enjoy training in other systems now.

Anyone can make a mistake, but most of us knew how to recover from that. There are some good people in the system that have allowed themselves to be led down a slippery path. Some others have gone to SD because there was nothing else in their area.

Common sense and respect goes a long way. It is easy to snipe at someone that is not standing in front of you and behavior tells who really has honor and who does not.

Tournament

So any new news coming from the tournament?

Nope, it was a little bigger then last year. Was some good performances and some bad ones. But norhing was ever said about anything...
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Was there anyone conspicuous by their absence?

Dope, the ones that are normally not there were not there. Master Nance had students there but I never saw him myself.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

I have beem in the system for almost 3 decades and I still train on mostly the lower (or made up) stuff. I enjoy it and feel I have benefited greatly from it. Life ia to short for me to worry over a lot of things. But I do feel that the lower material is really well put together and laid out very good for a students growth and development, where ever it came from..

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    Okay, for the small minded individuals (who shall remain nameless), I trust you are aware that the majority of active posters on this thread that are knowledgeable about SDF are FORMER members of the organization, right?

Yes, there are a few current SDers on here, but they seldom post. Most of us left the organization some time ago for various reasons and most of us had previous training and enjoy training in other systems now.

Anyone can make a mistake, but most of us knew how to recover from that. There are some good people in the system that have allowed themselves to be led down a slippery path. Some others have gone to SD because there was nothing else in their area.

Common sense and respect goes a long way. It is easy to snipe at someone that is not standing in front of you and behavior tells who really has honor and who does not.
    most of u guys still train the stuff you learned at shaolin do. a dog returns to its own vomit.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Vomit

A Gods Vomit is better than a mans Gold. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    A Gods Vomit is better than a mans Gold. KC
    sin the is still your god. your soul belongs to him.

No

Heres the deal , how u feel about what ever has no significance. SD while not pure CMA or pure Shaolin, is still an effective MA and has much to offer. I am not talking about any individual but the things I learned , I have used and are powerful, fluid and dynamic. I am not defending whether some one was honest or not or whether something is real or not. MMA is no different than SD it is an assymilation of many different aspects. Rip on it for a while. KC

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I am not defending whether some one was honest or not or whether something is real or not.

you are like a woman that dreams about bbc. but when she finally get a real one it hurts her and she doesn't like it. you don't like the real shaolin, you like the fake one from david carradine tv show. sin the gave you what you wanted. a rubber bbc of the mind.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-08-2013 at 08:39 PM.

thanks

without dreams dreams cant come true.

Bawang

You seem to be a little overly focused there. We all really don't need to know what you are missing in your life.

Smile bbc

Thats what I dont understand I enjoy TV as much as the next guy but why and what does the British Broadcasting Corp have to do with this. My fav is Keeping up appearances. LOL

No way, last of the summer wine, I believe it is, is much better.