View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1298 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 298798119812481288129612971298129913001308 ... LastLast
Results 19,456 to 19,470 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

I suspect you are not a real Kung Fu man
    i bet he has more true kung fu than you nor sin the could ever produce.

The Fundamentals are good and I have a working knowledge of the applications and mechanics.
    the blind leading the blind that is what it is. what it will always be.

?????????????

What is a True Kung fu Man? does anyone really know?
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Ok

I am currently teaching Bong Bu Chien to a member on this forum I welcome him to step forward and tell you if what I am teaching is Kung fu or not. KC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    you are welcome, my son. I know it must be so tough for your people, struggling day after day to salvage the precious crystals. im sure one day your people will finally unlock its secrets, and rebuild civilization. perhaps you will find a female to capture and mate today, to help repopulate the radioactive wastelands of Kentucky. may kernel sanders watch over you, always. always.
    Well this thread has taken a surprising turn for the better...
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I am currently teaching Bong Bu Chien to a member on this forum I welcome him to step forward and tell you if what I am teaching is Kung fu or not. KC
    It is indeed. I have wanted to mention it before but did not out of respect, but since you opened the door.... LOL

When KC states he is not from SD, merely trained it, take that to heart.

My journey started in isshin-ryu, then TKD, then SD kung fu, and sprinkle in a little BJJ. My thought process is this, I will take what works for me, my body type, and motivations from each of these styles and use them. When I started SD, I didn't know who SKT was. That was not my reason for starting. I wasn't concerned with lineage. Then after a bit I started hearing all of the "stories". I had my doubts but I chalked a lot of it up to "master worship". Masters and Grand Masters can always do the most amazing things....in their students eyes/minds. I'm ok with that. Fast forward to all of the BS starting, my master split his school from SD. Curriculum changed and focus of material changed. Application of the material taught became part of testing, where before, under the thumb of SD, you performed your material and sparred. That was it. It all boiled down to, I wanted to learn how to fight. I am not, nor will ever be a forms person. I don't care if Bob Whothefukever. made it up. If my instructor can take it, and teach it to me in a way that is effective, I'm good with that. If he can break it down and give me valid applications for the movements, and not all of the flashy 14 movement applications, I am good with that. If he can instill in me that knowledge to come up with my own effective applications out of it, I am good with that. If I can test my skills against practitioners of other styles and hold my own (which I have done and try to do as often as I can), then I am good with that. KC can do that. My Master can do that. That's really all I need. Not lineage.

3 yrs Isshin-Ryu
    3 yrs TKD
    6 yrs SD
    Very little BJJ
    I am willing to cross hands any time. Friendly matches of course.
    Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy. Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious nor can any be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by JSE View Post
    I don't care if Bob Whothefukever. made it up.
    spoken like a true karate hillbilly.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    there are no cities in Kentucky. Kentucky is a wasteland habited by roving bands of techno barbarians, who struggle to find food and tiberium crystals. the only exception is kernel sanders. he is the only good man to come out of the desolate forsaken plains of Kentucky.
    Now that's funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Originally Posted by JSE View Post
    I don't care if Bob Whothefukever. made it up.
    that really does sound hilly billy.....jimbob

Baabaawang has spent a bit too much time in his mom's basement playing Tiberian Sun...

Silly baa baa wang

Jse

Thanks , but I dont think they will believe you as they are afraid to admit that someone in SD or used to be can do Real Kung fu. I am pleased you didnt cut me too bad. So I will see ya Sat I hope and we will continue.
    As far as Bawang , I guess he is BaWONG . Wrong LOL. Sorry man couldnt help it. My kung fu is somewhat different as I have said I have trained a while and my mechanics I feel are more Chinese if you want to say that than most In SD. But I still enjoy all that I have learned, Its about learning not style or ego.

No problem at all. I figured out a long time ago the simple minded simply resort to name calling and sterotyping, then are the first ***** and whine if the same is directed at them. I will never disrespect another mans martial arts until i have experienced it first hand. All of this e- sparring is just to pass time anyway. I am happy with my training. I know i can use it, and last time i checked, Bawang and Snipsky's approval was not on my list of life goals.
    Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy. Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious nor can any be replaced.

but everyone from the top to the bottom sucks in SD.......EVERYONE

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    but everyone from the top to the bottom sucks in SD.......EVERYONE
    Oh Wow! Thanks so much for clearing that up for me. You win the Intarwebz!!!!

Snip

Man you are such a Troll, do you really group all SD people like that. You prob had your butt handed to you by a SD green belt and have flt bad ever since. Let it go man . Let it go!