View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1185 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 18568510851135117511831184118511861187119512351285 ... LastLast
Results 17,761 to 17,775 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Ok, fellow SDers... I have a question. If you were only allowed to practice one of our forms for the rest of your life, which one would it be? Basically, I am asking what form of ours do you think is the most important? You would have selective amnesia and only be able to retain one form.

I am racking my brain to answer this myself.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    Are you asking why the chain whip demo about 20 minutes in is so much better than the sorry exhibition by hsk's sifu?

Are you asking why the chain whip demo about 20 minutes in is so much better than the sorry exhibition by hsk's sifu?
    I'm sorry. i don't understand what you mean. i've watched hsk's sifu a few times and there are very little people that are as strong as he is. and nothing from SD can even compare that. sorry, my opinion only.

ok i went back and watch. are you really comparing a very young man to a man in his late 60's?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ797 View Post
    You guys were just finally getting a halfway serious discussion going and HSK has left you alone a couple days...you brought what's coming on yourself this time...

I'm sorry. i don't understand what you mean. i've watched hsk's sifu a few times and there are very little people that are as strong as he is. and nothing from SD can even compare that. sorry, my opinion only.

ok i went back and watch. are you really comparing a very young man to a man in his late 60's?
    Yeah... kinda curious about that myself. There's not a comparison that can accurately be made between the two.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

You think his chain whip was "strong"?????? The demo at 20 minutes in on the 1993 SD demo was vastly superior.

You need to get out more. I have seen many, many, many more people that are way better than hsk's sifu.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ797 View Post
    right? example...
    Regarding the first form, maybe I am wrong, but that looked like someone who appears to be a first black that just learned a fifth to sixth degre black belt drunken form and was asked to do it for fun and not to be judged but to be given the experience of performing and demonstrating a form. There is plenty on here that is better than they will admit. Yeah sure some of it isn't up to par but not everyone does it or can do it at anything beyond an average level. I am always interested in discussing the actual principles and techniques being demonstrated.... Anyone can say aww this sux and turn it off after a couple of seconds and base everything on that time.

You think his chain whip was "strong"?????? The demo at 20 minutes in on the 1993 SD demo was vastly superior.

You need to get out more. I have seen many, many, many more people that are way better than hsk's sifu.
    i'm sorry, but i don't see HSK saying his teacher is better than anything or anyone.
    i know he is proud of his teacher and compared to his teacher SIN THE isn't even in the same ball park. i admit the whip from the young man was a nicer form than hsk's teacher. but compared to his teacher Sin The's double cane form is laughable at best.

hsk has chosen to leave you guys alone, are you seriously wanting to cause more trouble? didn't he go off too much already?

and, from my point of view, that whip form was INCREDIBLE compared to everything and i mean everything i've seen so far in SD. in most cases the black belts are very white beltish level. not intending to offend, but is true.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    That none of these trolls have walked into any CSC / SD school and said or done anything thst they say they would do.....There are locations everywhere, in almost every major state...come on chumps , show SD and the cult followers what's up, f ing douche bags.

Challenge matches these days on this continent is for retards and insecure twitts. If somebody comes to my house for a fight, I'm not gonna throw hands, I'm gonna put my barrel in their mouth. Come on, get real people. Unless you're prepared to go hard tactical, you guys shouldn't challenge ANYONE you don't know. You wanna fight, get in the cage or join a crew.

My door is not always open, but you guys are free to try to kick it in.
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-07-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: wrong quote

If somebody comes to my house for a fight, I'm not gonna throw hands, I'm gonna put my barrel in their mouth.
    i think this is what many people not understand. come to my house or my teachers school to start trouble someone could get shot. many people learn the hard way. too bad.

Busted!!

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Challenge matches these days on this continent is for retards and insecure twitts. If somebody comes to my house for a fight, I'm not gonna throw hands, I'm gonna put my barrel in their mouth. Come on, get real people. Unless you're prepared to go hard tactical, you guys shouldn't challenge ANYONE you don't know. You wanna fight, get in the cage or join a crew.

My door is not always open, but you guys are free to try to kick it in.
    Troll alert! Wtf are you talking about!?

English mutherfucker! You speak it?

I'm not sure what part was so hard to comprehend?

Wrong quote. But since it was your words back to back, why does this confuse you?

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    That none of these trolls have walked into any CSC / SD school and said or done anything thst they say they would do.....There are locations everywhere, in almost every major state...come on chumps , show SD and the cult followers what's up, f ing douche bags.

And who ever said anything about going to an SD class? Who do you think we are? Dumb thugs that wanna go pick on helpless kids? Come on now. Man up son. There will be no fighting. We can settle this with words. With ease.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by themeecer View Post
    Ok, fellow SDers... I have a question. If you were only allowed to practice one of our forms for the rest of your life, which one would it be? Basically, I am asking what form of ours do you think is the most important? You would have selective amnesia and only be able to retain one form.

I am racking my brain to answer this myself.
    Let me start with what I've learned. I have all material up to black plus black tigers, Hiangs 4 mantis sets, and a few post black weapons, taichi 64, jiangs pa kua, hsing ie.
    But to pick one form is tough. I suppose my one form would be jiangs(classical) pa kua.
    It's so deep.
    But I must say the 30 short forms are great too. Love doing them with a weight vest, ankle and hand weights.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    Let me start with what I've learned. I have all material up to black plus black tigers, Hiangs 4 mantis sets, and a few post black weapons, taichi 64, jiangs pa kua, hsing ie.
    But to pick one form is tough. I suppose my one form would be jiangs(classical) pa kua.
    It's so deep.
    But I must say the 30 short forms are great too. Love doing them with a weight vest, ankle and hand weights.
    You know .. the 30 short forms keep popping up in my mind as well. Talk about a cardiovascular workout (when done correctly) and some solid techniques.

These may be GMT's crowning achievement. We have been told since day one that he assembled these forms (court case be darned).
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)