View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1221 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 22172111211171121112191220122112221223123112711321 ... LastLast
Results 18,301 to 18,315 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    I also got Cheng's book on his form, and made some adjustments from there, and watched the videos of him and other people practicing his form. I also got Yang Cheng Fu's book on the traditional form. I met someone who practiced Cheng's form and practiced with them briefly, I picked up some things from him. I didn't try to understand or salvage the way CSC taught me, my assumption was that the differences were mostly mistakes made in interpreting what had been learned (on the part of me, my teacher, and all the way up to Sin The), and I changed my practice to the more conventional Yang way, taking guidance from the texts and videos to correct me. The diagonal single whip is just a regular single whip except for the direction you're pointing relative to the starting position. I think it's application is the same as all single whips, since your feet and body move in the same manner relative to your starting position with the push to the northwest: you turn 180 degrees and end up with a single whip to the southeast.

I found the video below very useful for getting some details in the Yang style long form, much of which is identical to the sequences CMC used. Of course there are also postures in the long form which are also found in the simplified 24 postures, if you still practice it, and I've changed how I pratice those as well, such as the "wave hands in clouds" that I originally used replaced with fan through the back, and correcting how I do chop with fist and deflect, parry and punch (aka plant hammer under the sleeve). It actually isn't hard to pick up the long form with the content of both CMC's form and the 24 form under your belt. There are only a few postures not found in either form.
    It is a five hour seminar, and it covers details of the entire form. I think Yang Jun's (the grandson's) demonstrations are pretty stiff (maybe he's doing it on purpose for demonstration purpose), I just skipped over those parts, but Yang ZhenDuo goes into great detail during his explanations.

Part2 starts with embrace tiger return to mountain, he explains it at 3:52. It really is pretty simple, as I understand it. The pictures in the books make it hard to see. When I saw my friend do it, I asked him about it and he said it is just like a brush knee and press but stepping back and turning from the south to the northwest, followed immediately by a rolling back. That's what the video shows, too. There is an arm grab application in the transition from the brush knee to the roll back. My interpretation of the photo of that posture shown in Cheng's book is that it is describing the intermediate stage between the brush knee and press and the rollback, which is really the only different thing about it, where the lower hand has just turned palm up and is about to rise up for the grab and roll back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUnXFvDeGII
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNa-Y2AkII8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wptDgG4IvU
    Thanks Leto
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Attention

Anyone that is interested in the Shaolin forum please send me an email address, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Anyone that is interested in the Shaolin forum please send me an email address, thank you.
    Thought you were gonna post up all this great info? It's been 5 days since Xmas. I actually believed you may not punk out. Guess I was wrong.

All I see is invites to a circlejerk. And that's fine. But it's not what you said you would do. I'm expecting a formal essay on why the 5 Animals in SD was not taken from DFWs book and isn't from the Lau Bun lineage. Can you even do that? Just be honest. If you can't, I'll drop it. I just need to see you write that you don't have what you said you did. Otherwise, post up. Don't get all selective and secretive after all that shit talking you did about this amazing revealing research. Throw down, son.

Blog Entries
    You know he has nothin. He's bluffin. Always has.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Those on here that do tai Chi should push hands with Master Leonard or Joe Schaefer in Texas, you will be schooled very quickly in Push hand , JS in austin defeated the push hand champion while on one of the trips to China I believe it was 2002?. any way i guess their skill was just dropped out of the sky. KC
    Bruce would destroy Joe or Bill - easily.

Push Hands

Keep Thinking that ? Not doubting Bruces ability though . KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Blog Entries
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    You know he has nothin. He's bluffin. Always has.
    Starting to look that way. I gave him the benefit of doubt, but that is falling away fast.

Keep Thinking that ? Not doubting Bruces ability though . KC
    No, it looks like you're just making the assumption that the other two guys are better because you are emotionally attached.

I could be wrong though. How many times have you seen Bruce do serious push hands with high end competition? I'm going to assume you have seen the other two many times considering your previous definitive statements about their great skills.

No not really

I have pushed hands with both I have pushed hands with Chen style and others I been defeated often, i am no great push hands expert. I am not doubting Bruces ability, and no I have not pushed hands with him, however Joe defeated the Chinese Push hand champion in I think 2002 on a china Trip I watched the clip, EM leonard is probably 3 X that good. Who knows . Who would win? Any given day anyone can lose. But I have no personal dog in the fight, my statements are purely Objective I really dont know where you this personal judgemental attitude about me and SD. I hold allegance to no one In Japan I would be considered a Ronin, KC

Yeah, and Matt Serra destroyed GSP. Once. It means very little. The only lesson there is that even the best can't win 100% of the time. But 99% is pretty damn good.

When I first started BJJ, I tapped a few high level guys. It meant nothing. On average they would roll me up with ease.

No allegiance??? You still call SKT 'Master'. Grandmaster even. You have a huge emotional attachment to SD. It's written all over everything you say. Just like it's obvious I have zero to no respect for SD in general and I have a significant distaste for SKT and his "type". He may be the nicest guy in the world, but he's still fraudulent. I suppose it's arguable as to how fraudulent, but there is fraud there. Clearly...!!!! A little is more than enough. If you lie just a little, you're still fuckin liar!

Syn

I call Master Pui Chan Master too but I never took a lesson from him, what does that mean, It is a sign of respect, He taught me alot and I respect him for that. You need to remember Judge not , as you Judge so shall you be judged. So doyou want to come on here and say You have never Lied? You are a liar too , you are a friggen Liar, interchangable. KC

I call Master Pui Chan Master too but I never took a lesson from him, what does that mean, It is a sign of respect, He taught me alot and I respect him for that. You need to remember Judge not , as you Judge so shall you be judged. So do want to come on here and say You have never Lied? You are a liar too , you are a friggen Liar, adjetive interchangable. KC
    Judge away. Is this supposed to bother me some how???

Yeah I have lied before. Of course. So have you. We are all liars in that respect. We lie to eachother everyday. Social conventions demand it. You play along or you can take a stand and stick out for it.

What I didn't do was lie to people who respected me and looked up to me while I was collecting funds from them or their parents. If you don't see the difference, that's on you.

And for the record, I call nobody Master. Teacher, sure. Master? Never! The term is too subjective for me to consider as a title. Never happen. I say one day I hope to be a master, I'm not actually thinking I will be a master. I'm saying I will always strive for a perfection I can never attain, thus I continue growing. I find the term to be quite arrogant actually. But that's another topic for another day.

Speaking of judging...

People judge all the time. To say you don't is a lie. I kinda get a kick out of it. Like the other day I was at the liquor store to get some thins for xmas. It was cold and I walked there. I had a toque on and my hood up and was just wearing track pants. Some dick totally profiled me and when I was about 30 feet away from the store with all the bottles in my backpack and my book in my hand I can tell this guy is running at me. I always look all around me and I make a point to know who's around me in any and all situations. It's not even conscious, it's just how I do. Anyways, so I see this guy in a car windows reflection coming my way. I didn't move away, just kept on like normal. I mean, it's possible he was gonna run right passed me. So I kept watching and sure enough he came right to me in some weak attempt at a tackle. I side stepped but left a foot in his path and down he went. Hard. Like face smashing concrete hard. So it was this huge deal. I helped him up and make sure he wasn't gonna die on me. Some lady that saw it all called 911. Cops and ambulance came.

So it turns out he saw my book and in some fucked up process that in his profile of me he decided I had taken a card swiper. Which doesn't even make sense if you understand how they work. He decided I needed to be stopped and he paid for it. I didn't get into trouble or anything. All I really did was not get tackled for a crime I did not commit. A few people didn't like what I did, but they couldn't do anything about it. I'm more of a re-escalate than a de-escalate guy unless I'm totally out gunned in which case I'm more likely to not even be there.

So is that the same as me dissing SKT? Not at all. SKT has given me much to despise, and none of it has to do with how he dresses or looks like. Unlike the guy who came after me who just judged me on how he thought I was by how I dressed that day. You don't see me making these kinds of judgments. They are weak. But I will judge based on valid info, always. Anyone doesn't like that? They can just go away. Cause I'm not going anywhere til I feel like it.

I have pushed hands with both I have pushed hands with Chen style and others I been defeated often, i am no great push hands expert. I am not doubting Bruces ability, and no I have not pushed hands with him, however Joe defeated the Chinese Push hand champion in I think 2002 on a china Trip I watched the clip, EM leonard is probably 3 X that good. Who knows . Who would win? Any given day anyone can lose. But I have no personal dog in the fight, my statements are purely Objective I really dont know where you this personal judgemental attitude about me and SD. I hold allegance to no one In Japan I would be considered a Ronin, KC
    Eh... that match... don't read too much into it.

It was expressed as a "friendly" match. One side had one idea, one side had another. It's amazing what happens when they're not thinking the same thing & they only go once.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Syn 7

Well I must have struck a nerve with ya. Truth hurts dont it. Let those who are without sin cast the 1st stone.
    Here is Syn 7 doing his martial arts teaching !!!!!
    http://youtu.be/t1JOhuuaYpg

Happy New Year Syn may your next one be a Happy and Gay one I am sure it will be. KC