View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1003 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 350390395399310011002100310041005101310531103 ... LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,045 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

5 Minutes of Google Fu reveal...

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    ... I'm sure a lot of other "true TCMA" out there have tenuous connections to the temple as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    like which ones?

Like yours. I didn't want to make this thread about lineage but since you asked directly...I'll illustrate a point.

You trace your lineage through Dino Salvatera and Lau Bun, correct? Well according to this (http://plumblossom.net/ChoyLiFut/clf...ges11-1-11.pdf) that lineage would be: You, D. Salvatera, J. Lang, L. Bun, Y. Hai, Jeung Yim, Chan Hueng.

Jeung Yim apparently has lots of controversy surrounding him. See this entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeong_Yim which states, "There are few written or published records verifying Jeong Yim's existence. Most of his history has been passed down orally and subsequently any materials available on him cannot be authenticated."

I'll wait on your response, but I hope you see the point I'm trying to make.

I always knew you had an evil streak Gene, well on your way to kungfu villaindom!

All hail Gene Ching, grand overlord and protector. His will is law, submit or die.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

lmao. Don't trust that. I didn't write that. In fact, the very person who wrote that told me directly he went and spoke to jeung yim's family. What a contradiction huh? L - m - a- o!!!!!!

In the future, anytime you want to know about jeung yim and the fut san hung sing kwoon, contact me or someone that is actually a member of that lineage.

oh, there is no controversy over jeung yim's existence. that is the attempt of someone trying to cast doubt. but, his direct lineage is still in existence today, so if you want to know our history, its best to come to the source and not listen to outsiders.
    Fair enough, that's why I wanted to get your response. However, can't you see the parallels with the SD debate? The whole attitude against SD has always been, "Until you prove otherwise, the accusation that all is B.S. still stands." If I understand that there are not a lot of official documents, then the same attitude could be taken with Jeung Yim's existence and influence on CLF.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Note that the closed thread was actually an amalgamate of several merged threads. I was actually planning to unlock it on Monday, but your attitude on this, kwaichang, is making me think otherwise.

tgy - I see several faces in that pic. Which one do you think is mine?
    Leave it locked. That thread served it's purpose.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

So I would think it's best to work directly with the specific forum mod. Is there a list somewhere of who mods which forum?
    The names of the Moderators are listed at the bottom of each forum. Click the Shaolin thread, look at the bottom right corner. There is the knowledge you seek.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    The names of the Moderators are listed at the bottom of each forum. Click the Shaolin thread, look at the bottom right corner. There is the knowledge you seek.
    Helpful, thanks.

Agree...

Leave it locked. That thread served it's purpose.
    ...but then I'd like to see a new thread started called "General Shaolin-Do Discussion."

The "Is SD for Real" mega thread could be held as a sticky so the same arguments aren't re-hashed. But as somebody who practices and is interested in SD, I'd like to have a place for discussion of the style that doesn't instantly get derailed.

Call it b.s. Call it fake. I don't really care. All I ask for is a place to discuss the style and techniques with others who are also interested.

Unless there is new information that becomes public, I also think the "Is SD for Real" mega thread has served its purpose.

OMG. Start a NEW thread. LMAO
    I recommend putting it where it belongs. In the Other Related Arts forum.

Put it with Lion Dancing and Calligraphy, where it belongs.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

As I said before, I have no problem where it gets placed. If it cuts down on the trolling and leads to better discussion without getting derailed then I'd prefer it in the Other Related Arts section.

So MK is the Shaolin Kung Fu forum mod?

Hate to be a buzzkill, but that's not really an accurate statement. While Sin The' did admit to creating lower belt material himself (including short kata and some longer kata) there is still a lot of material above that rank. What we know for sure is that he learned from GM Ie who was a native of China and claimed to have trained with monks from the temple, including the now infamous hairy monk Su Kong Tai Djinn. With GM Ie and Tai Djinn dead and with the current evidence that's been shared publicly, it's pretty much come down to hearsay on actual ties to the temple. I agree the burden of proof lies with the person making the claim, so there is still a lot to establish, but that is a lot different from a statement like "it has now been conclusively proved it [all SD material] is not Shaolin Temple Material." I'm sure a lot of other "true TCMA" out there have tenuous connections to the temple as well.

In any case, put the thread where you will. Those interested in SD will continue to post and discuss. Gene has already established this forum is a benevolent dictatorship, so where he chooses to put the post is representative of his will, not necessarily the will of the people
    The man lied to you and every other person who came to learn shaolin and yet you still defend him? Did it ever occur to you that he only admitted what he had to admit, being caught red handed? The fact that he has a long history of fraud and the so called connection being basically un-provable tells me that it is most likely a lie as well. His credibility is completely shot. THE MAN LIED TO YOU FOR YOUR MONEY! It's time you people accept that. What is up with the Stockholm attitude? Stop believing what you want to be true and start believing what is probable. At the very least, recognize that anything from that mans mouth is suspect to a high degree.

Benevolent? Those were my words. His goals are monetary, not didactic.
    Last edited by Syn7; 10-08-2012 at 06:59 PM.

It also got me thinking a lil more. Riddle me this:

In cma integrity is very important. Those who don't have any, lie and pretend they do. Somebody who lies for years and only admits it when forced has little to no integrity. Considering Ie Chang Ming spent enough time with SKT in order to pass on his style, should he not have noticed SKTs lack of integrity? To me that makes it all suspect. Either Ie Chang Ming did not pass on his style to SKT or he passed his whole lineage over to a fraud. What does that tell you about Ie Chang Ming ability to judge character? Either he has poor judgment or he was lacking integrity himself.

I'm not trying to talk trash about Ie Chang Ming, I'm just sayin..... The math doesn't add up.

Fair enough, that's why I wanted to get your response. However, can't you see the parallels with the SD debate? The whole attitude against SD has always been, "Until you prove otherwise, the accusation that all is B.S. still stands." If I understand that there are not a lot of official documents, then the same attitude could be taken with Jeung Yim's existence and influence on CLF.
    The GM of HSCLF has never openly lied for money and was never caught red handed and forced to admit his shame in court. That is the difference.

One is an oral tradition passed down and has been PROVEN effective as a style and never called out as a liar by legions of historians. The other is questioned, not only because of the major inconsistencies with established history, but also because the GM is an established LIAR. Parallel what?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Holy hell, I thought KF was a man's art, but some folks here are crying like whiny, snively, sand-in-the-vagina *****es.
    shaolin do is a transvestite trying to be a real woman. but theres only an empty hole. a blind sack. no babies come out.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

If an art is based on lies and a mish-mash of various styles, but you can still kick someone's head off... who cares?

I don't care about lineage or history or any of that. As long as I can rip your arms off and beat you to death with them... mission accomplished.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"