View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 101 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Hey Meece,

I was going thru my old tapes and had a set of you and Master Green doing the monkey stuff. You were just a wee lad back then....
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Yes he beat the snot out of me then. Wee lad? I was 21 then. He was going to do that demo at the last tournament but decided against it. It is quite a site to be on the recieving end of that .. especially to see him jumping through the air looking like he is going to land on you. This past time he was trying to figure out a way to land on my chest with both feet ... but there was no way to safely do it.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Kwaichang's posts

Well guys i have no idea who kwaichang is. he says he knows me personally. i Pm'ed him with the big question i guess as to WHo he actually is or she.

i guess the only thing that can be debated about statements that i have made that are allegedly "false" is what i have been able to discover about the lineage and history of SD(which everyone in here knows where i stand on it.)

As to any other statements i have made they have been either my "experiences at SD and my personal intepretations of things" "opinions that i have" and recounting the experiences as I experienced them and have lead me to this point.

of Course Kwaichang is more than welcome to list my "False statements" if he/she wishes for debate.

PEACE,,TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 03-30-2005 at 02:50 PM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I knew you when. To say the lineage is false then post your sources let us all see what you found other wise you are making only opinions that cannot be proven a quitter is what you are looking for the easy path to enlightenment only hard work will find it kc

Kwaichang

SO you knew me when?

answer my Pm and let me know who you are? Im not going to reveal your precious identity here. (you know how many Pm's i get from individuals that i keep under my hat?) You would be suprised.

Because if you do not revel to me who you are then i am just going to assume that you are some troll who may have been around me in the SD days when i was there and you really dont know me personally. because right now with your entrance in to the forums that is what you are being perceived as here(a troll).

PEACE,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

WS So I take it you will not reveal your sources I can only assume you have no proof of your statements. Who I am is not important, the lies you spout about SD are. You degrade an art you trained in for 9 years. If you do not want to post it here send it to my e-mail and i will look at it. As far as your opinion is concerned you are welcome to have it but back up what you write. show us all i have explored your posts and didnt find any thing. think hard into your past and you will know me
    kc

ok i think i know who Kwaichang is

If i am right then yes KC does know me personally a little bit. Only because(if i am right) he and my mother went to the same COTA courses and we found out that we trained at the same school.

I will reply only to the "deflated ego" statement you made to me and say "look in the mirror at yourself long and hard KC. I respected you well inside and outside of SD. But let us BOTH not forget our personal lessons in life inside and OUTside of the school. DO not cast your stones unless you have real due cause,,and last i expereinced the cause of defending the school from "false statements" has always been met with silence and in my opinion a snobbish and elitist attitude (which i never had at the school)

it is only here where our annonymity has allowed the SD people to stand up for what they believe in and Others to counter it and Stand up for what THEY in turn Believe in.

If you posed these questions to your senior masters KC what would they say to you?(oh and congrats on your 4th ) ill bet i know the answer..its the same answer i have gotten all these years."why do you waste time with it,,or Dont buy in to their BS,,or they are just jealous because(insert reason here). Always diverting away from the central issue that is posed so many times here on this forum.

You once asked me(if in fact you are who i think you are) if i thought that what we did was authentic shaolin(or some wording to that effect) at the time my answer was " i really dont know,,seems solid to me(or some wording to that effect)" that was the naive answer and at the time i really did not care(you know what my dedication level was at the school)

now if you were to ask me the same question? you get a not so naive answer and YES there will be some bitterness in the answer due to personal conflicts with you know who,,some may use this to delfate the other things that i say with regards to history and lineage,,but if you know the reasons why(my reasons and not what you think may be the whole story) then maybe your attitude would change a bit KC.

oh and i never said that i had a firm grasp of the tao,,i relate to what some of the tao says,,,take this excerpt for instance
    " IF i even have just a little sense, i will walk on the main road and my only fear will be of straying from it. Keeping to the main road is easy,,but people Love to be sidetracked. When the court is arrayed in splendor, the fields are full of weeds and the graineries are bare. Some wear gorgeous clothes, carry sharp swords, and indulge themselves with excess,,they have more possesions than they can use. they are robber barons. This is certainly not the way of the tao".
    lao tsu.

Peace to you KC,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jason

You say it is solid but now u dont why the change? you have a reason ? show it state it Shaolin do is "real" Shaolin training you know in your heart it is why you say other wise can only be personal. I felt at one time you could have been an awsome martial artist and Shaolin practitioner why has this changed

"Each morning when I awake like a scholar before a black board i prepare a blank mind for the day to write upon" Write upon my board jason show me enlighten me not with "belief" but fact. When people are let down they often turn against those closest kc

check your private messages KC. i would prefer to take this dialogue off the boards.

Peace,,TWS

Just for giggles, what does Shaolin Do have in COMMON with Shaolin Temple Kung Fu?

I have looked at video of Shaolin Do on the web before, and everytime I do, see Karate, with added hand techniques. I don't see the smooth flowing percision of actual Shaolin Kung Fu. I DO NOT see Shaolin Kung Fu in anything other than a theatrical aproximation like might be seen in a theater presentation coreagraphed by someone who has never actually seen what they are trying to convey.

So, that being said, what is there that can show a technical, theoretical, strategical, or principal based tie to real, Authentic Shaolin?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

so what style of karate do you compare SD to kc

My Brother was in Goju Ryu, I have some Kong Su Do, and freinds I had in my youth were into Shoto Kan. It's all choppy, liniear, and very regimented in the flow.

Also, I have been to enough Karate tournaments in my time to easily distinguish arts of Japanese descent from those of Chinese, especially Shaolin.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Go JU Shoto kan Wado ****o Ryu are all japanese arts not to be confused with the more traditional Okinawan arts such as shuri te naha te etc the Japanese arts are somewhat linear I must admit but having trained in Japanese Okinawan KARATE for quite a long time I can assure you that SD does not resemble it, however Karate may resemble Shaolin Esp the LOhan system or Hsing Ie likewise Aikido resembles Pakua in principle kc

Here is an interesting quote !!!!
    The Willow Sword06-10-2001, 03:09 PM
    I must reply to this phrase that you keep using.
    (Legitimate CMA teachers)
    i have ,,IN FACT,,studied with a LEGITAMATE CMA teacher before i joined the SD school. his name is Eric nessen and was a student of Master JOHN ENG, who taught praying mantis and pakua and hsing-i. i was a private student of his for several years before having to move back to texas to pursue at the time a career in physical therapy. i was in louisville KY (where i am from originally) and where i trained with master Nessen. before that i was a student of CHA YON RYU which is a branch of kim soo karate under the direction of john blankenship,,before that i was studying KI-AIKIDO(seminars and clinics under teachers such as joeseph birdsong ,mark cartwright and others) this is going way back to when i was a teeneager. SO Monkey slap i have a broad experience in japanese and chinese styles.
    the fact that i am in a school that blends the two and focuses more on the chinese aspect and lineage fits with what i have been doing....in any regard i know the "LEGITAMATE CMA" world you describe. i truly apologize to you and others who feel so inclined to put SD down and assume that lies are being told to you. If you KNOW these claims to be lies then you must have DOCUMENTED PROOF to put forth to substantiate YOUR CLAIMS.
    WHERE IS IT? SHOW IT TO ME. OPEN MY EYES.
    i want footage of how these lies you say are proved,,, you continue to tell me to go to wushu tournaments or to compete and to open my eyes. WELL MY EYES ARE OPEN MONKEY SLAP ,,SHOW IT TO ME. since you care so much about telling me and others as well SHOW ME THE PROOF. i dont want to hear that the proof is in what he says becuse it is impossible what he claims and all that BS. PROVE TO ME THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A SCHOOL SUCH AS OURS TO HAVE LINEAGE AT THE SHAOLIN TEMPLE.. PROVE TO ME THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE LEARNED 900 FORMS/TECHNIQUES IN 30 YRS+ WHEN WE AS HUMANS CAN LEARN AND REMEMBER WORDS AND PHRASES THAT ECLIPSE THAT NUMBER. THEY ARE SEQUENCES JUST LIKE FORMS ARE ,,JUST PHYSICAL, COMPUTER PROGRAMMERS HAVE TO LEARN 10 TIMES THAT MUCH INFO WHEN WORKING WITH CODE AND THEY HAVE REFERENCES TO DO SO,,,,SO TO DO MA MASTERS,,THEY HAVE IT WRITTEN DOWN OR ON VIDEO TAPE. re-read my above first post. we will have to agree to disagree on the subject,,but what gets me is that you continue to throw mud in my direction when i dont even judge your styles legitamacy or lineage. it makes you look like another a$$ hole with an ego agenda standing on high with your hard on and your "legitimate cma teacher certification". OPEN YOUR EYES. you are not the only one who teaches kung-fu and ill bet that there are some holes in your lineage as well and some things worth questioning. how do you know that what you have been taught is the "truth or legitimate" ?cause your teacher told you it was so,,cause you read it in a book years ago,,cause you have a document to prove it? cause some little old man in china told you when you went to visit? well monkey we all have documents to prove or disprove it all dont we? lets look into your back ground and scrutinize it, shall we? and we unenlightened souls at SD will bend over for you to follow you in the ultimate grand school that is the TRUE WAY. YES ITS MONKEYSLAPS SCHOOL OF (what was it that you claim to be a teacher of?) help me out here guys,,lets here this guys credentials,,,,,ill bet they are SOLID AS a c/rock arent they? enlighten me to the true way monkey slap.
    Many respects,,willow sword.

Whatever you think i am or want me to be,,, i am.

This was written by Willow sounds like he was defending SD to me kc

This was written by Willow sounds like he was defending SD to me kc
    I think the key word is WAS
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin