View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1013 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 13513913963100310111012101310141015102310631113 ... LastLast
Results 15,181 to 15,195 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    also, USSD and SD both pale in comparison to the greatness that is Ameri Do Te:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hMoA7Q75cg
    Wonderful! I didn't know about this at all!

Close to the End Then What ?

Ok so we are almost there there have been challenges and arguing and even a real challenge match derived from this Thread. So here is the TRUE story of SD.
    Some is made up by GMT based on what he learned in Indonesia, from GM Ie and others associated with him. It has a Karateesk flavor through out due to so much emphasis being placed in the start from the 1-30 Motor memory and Muscle memory etc. U will notice that those who trained in other systems do the Forms different and with different Dynamics. Dependent upon the style they studied.
    The forms are of Chinese Origin but the dynamics arent stressed so they appear "wrong". The Uniforms are Cheap and easier to get . But do look more like Shaolin Monk out fits than some I have seen. THere is alot of good peoplein it and some not so good, Morally and skill wise. I trained in it and still do with some exception. I like the Forms where ever they come from a Book, a video or GM Ie. Repetition develops skill , KUng Fu. A man asked me what is best the other day street fighter or a karate guy I said it is the individual not the art. So i ask all take SD people for who they are and themselves not their opinion of the art they study. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Hsk

How did you hurt your back? Did you get heavy after the injury? Congrats on the hard work and your results.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    how we came to share it is the big sketchy issue here. See we learned it from our teachers who learned it from theirs. Your lineage learned it from the book.

Meh. You have no proof whatsoever of that. Just accusation.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Ok so we are almost there there have been challenges and arguing and even a real challenge match derived from this Thread. So here is the TRUE story of SD.
    Some is made up by GMT based on what he learned in Indonesia, from GM Ie and others associated with him. It has a Karateesk flavor through out due to so much emphasis being placed in the start from the 1-30 Motor memory and Muscle memory etc. U will notice that those who trained in other systems do the Forms different and with different Dynamics. Dependent upon the style they studied.
    The forms are of Chinese Origin but the dynamics arent stressed so they appear "wrong". The Uniforms are Cheap and easier to get . But do look more like Shaolin Monk out fits than some I have seen. THere is alot of good peoplein it and some not so good, Morally and skill wise. I trained in it and still do with some exception. I like the Forms where ever they come from a Book, a video or GM Ie. Repetition develops skill , KUng Fu. A man asked me what is best the other day street fighter or a karate guy I said it is the individual not the art. So i ask all take SD people for who they are and themselves not their opinion of the art they study. KC
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Blog Entries
    Hsk
    How did you hurt your back? Did you get heavy after the injury? Congrats on the hard work and your results.
    i fell 50 feet breaking my back in 3 places and told that i would never walk again.
    thank you sir.

i got heavy cause for one, i ate but couldn't exercise, didn't have the needed strength to. finally more than 20 years later the muscles in my legs were waking up. so since march of this year i have been hitting the gym. i won't lie, it got so bad for my prior to march that i started having trouble and too much pain even just standing for a little bit.

but i'm back on track.

I have more proof to prove my claims than you nor anyone else in Shaolin Do could. you can believe what you want, but the truth is that you guys are practicing our five animal form from Doc Fai Wong's book. You have myself, and now Buddhajoe who learned from one of Lau Bun's best SAYS that you guys have all the ear marks that doc fai wong inserted into the book form. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE AND WE DO.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-12-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Exactly....

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    whats surprising is that everyone but the person that claims this as sole property knows more about than the ones he claims stole it. What's more is he doesn't know any of us at all and yet still keeps making blanket statements about it ,yet has not proof. In addition this person keeps ranting and raving like a lunatic instead talking to us like a reasonable sane adult. He's an elitist and yet isn't elite.

Blog Entries
    whats surprising is that everyone but the person that claims this as sole property knows more about than the ones he claims stole it. What's more is he doesn't know any of us at all and yet still keeps making blanket statements about it ,yet has not proof. In addition this person keeps ranting and raving like a lunatic instead talking to us like a reasonable sane adult. He's an elitist and yet isn't elite.
    see, everyone but you guys know the shaolin 5 animal form as taught to you in shaolin do knows this form belongs to us. There is more than just myself, but buddha joe and a few other people on this forum that know this form because they are also part of my lineage in one way or another.

The fact that you and others from shaolin do hear this and know that sin the wasn't what he claimed to be and yet you are here trying to lay claim to a form that was taken from dfw's book. Its you guys who look horrible for going along with such a fraud as sin the.

Keep practicing our form in that horrible, karate, non kung fu flavor or style you guys do. We will continue to let the world know that shaolin do took our form from dfw's book. Since many have already told you what you need to know and you continue this farce, i can't respect anyone or anything about the kungarate style of shaolin do.

and i highly doubt i ever will. and if you want to come to sf i will tell you to your face.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-12-2012 at 07:20 AM.

I just got off the phone with my sifu and we both agreed on something in regards to our 5 Animal Form. Lau Bun most likely choy lee Fut-itized this form from its original Northern elements since he was strictly a southern gung fu guy all of his life. Sifu said we don't know what it originally looked like as lau bun was taught it. so over the years if it had any northern flavor it doesn't anymore its CLF now.

we also talked about how Si Mo Yuen was already an elderly woman she may have just walked lau bun through the form. and since lau bun was pro southern style he just practiced it with the same hung sing flavor as his hung sing CLF.

still, people wont' be able to find another form with the exact same sequences from another school or system. ...
    I have more proof to prove my claims than you nor anyone else in Shaolin Do could. you can believe what you want, but the truth is that you guys are practicing our five animal form from Doc Fai Wong's book. You have myself, and now Buddhajoe who learned from one of Lau Bun's best SAYS that you guys have all the ear marks that doc fai wong inserted into the book form. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE AND WE DO.
    Here's the problem with your argument: You said before that you don't know what the form looked like as originally given to Lau Bun. And that the original transmission may have been only verbally from Si Mo Yuen. Then as you said the form may have been "choy li fut-ized" further by Lau Bun.

So, combine this with the fact that it was supposedly transmitted through Shaolin and it explains how others could have this form. It also gives a lot less credence to your argument that there is only one "right" way to do the form and that other variations are somehow less effective.

The counterpoint as you mention is that if every other practitioner is performing the form with DFW "earmarks" and only your group performs them without, then that would make sense. But, as I understand it, there are other folks out there who do not do the form the same way, so that argument also goes out the window.

MK did you see the video on that uppercut i posted on facebook?
    one helluva an uppercut..
    I don't use FaceBook, but I've seen the whole video.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

shaolin do is a lineage with thieves and liars. they get no respect from me.
    Every time you post on this thread you're giving SD respect. And, btw, I don't think you're really giving a good name to your own lineage with the hateful posts.

Most of the SD'ers on this thread have responded to the constant attacks with poise and reserve, many of them for years. Heck, even the mods join in most times. So hold your blanket accusations and statements that claim all SD practitioners are the scum of the earth.

Blog Entries
    here's the problem with your argument: You said before that you don't know what the form looked like as originally given to lau bun. And that the original transmission may have been only verbally from si mo yuen. Then as you said the form may have been "choy li fut-ized" further by lau bun.

So, combine this with the fact that it was supposedly transmitted through shaolin and it explains how others could have this form. It also gives a lot less credence to your argument that there is only one "right" way to do the form and that other variations are somehow less effective.

The counterpoint as you mention is that if every other practitioner is performing the form with dfw "earmarks" and only your group performs them without, then that would make sense. But, as i understand it, there are other folks out there who do not do the form the same way, so that argument also goes out the window.
    see, the problem here is you guys are practicing a form taken from doc fai wong's book which is filled with ear marks unbeknownst to you, jake the fake, and sin the. EVERY SINGLE STUDENT OF HUNG SING USA THAT KNOWS THIS FORM CAN ALSO POINT OUT TO YOU AND SIN THE WHERE AND WHAT THOSE EARMARKS ARE. In one way its safe to say you got duped all the way around by shaolin do.

There are zero words you can say to ever change the fact that shaolin do is practicing our form that came from a book. A non instructional book at that. That explains why jake does the form like a gay ballerina.

Just because we the owners of this form don't know what it looked like around the turn of the 20th century doesn't mean its ok for your lineage to steal our form. How would you guys feel if we came out and told you lau bun created that form and that is the reason why you will never find it anywhere else in this world.? How would you feel then? Its hella funny to hear people trying to hold on to a form that was never theirs to begin with.

Shaolin do is not a traditional system. It was created by sin the and the material taught is all from seminars, videos and books. The whole entire martial arts community knows this about your lineage and its only you guys who are completely fooled by sin the.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-12-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    here's the problem with your argument: You said before that you don't know what the form looked like as originally given to lau bun. And that the original transmission may have been only verbally from si mo yuen. Then as you said the form may have been "choy li fut-ized" further by lau bun.
    i never said lau bun learned it verbally from si mo yuen, where the fak did you get that from?

then as you said the form may have been "choy li fut-ized" further by lau bun.
    the form was choy lee fut-tized. Still doesn't make it right that your lineage stole it from us now does it?

so, combine this with the fact that it was supposedly transmitted through shaolin and it explains how others could have this form.
    no, its only you guys who try to finaggle this shaolin aspect into a loophole you guys could try and use to your benefit. We stand on the claim that it was a family form taught within si mo yuens family. You are only hoping for some chance to lay claim to our form. Its not yours. Its ours.

the counterpoint as you mention is that if every other practitioner is performing the form with dfw "earmarks" and only your group performs them without,
    the form doc fai wongs performs in real life isn't the form you guys stole from the book. He practices and teaches it without the earmarks he left behind for people who copy forms from books.

there are other folks out there who do not do the form the same way, so that argument also goes out the window.
    who are these people? Are they shaolin do?

man you guys are whacked! You are proud of a thread that questions your legitmacy by the entired kung fu world?

Im so proud to be gi free!!!!!
    Not proud to be hated on, but proud of the SD practitioners on this forum that have shown poise and respect amidst the war-mongers. Defending blanket accusations against all SD practitioners and believing in legends are different things. Don't confuse the two.

Glad you're proud to be practicing your style. Feel free to start a thread on HSCLF.

Well...

I hate to say this but HSK's position is not really that unreasonable notwithstanding his sometimes indelicate treatment of his debators.

Though the form could have come from a source outside of HSK's lineage, the possibility that it would be transmitted in exactly the same way such that it would show every marker that DFW put in his book is exceedinly remote. This is especially true if the markers weren't markers that made the form look more northern or southern but were really simply markers to track folks who took the form from the book. Put another way, if SD had the form from another lineage, it wouldn't look like DFW's marked-up form, it would look more southern or something else.

Given that Sin The is an abo****ely proven liar (either under oath at his depositions or to his students) and that our version of the form isn't stylistically different from HSK's lineage but rather exactly the same with the markers put in by DFW, the great weight of the evidence is that Sin The either learned the form from the book or from someone who learned the form with the DFW markers. He's pretty logically sound on this one.