View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1018 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 18518918968100810161017101810191020102810681118 ... LastLast
Results 15,256 to 15,270 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

You two do realize that, from a netiquette standpoint, you're the same person, right?

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    you two do realize that, from a netiquette standpoint, you're the same person, right?
    i hear you man. But wu de or mo duk are for the literati's which is all good. But i don't live in that world. Although i'm only 2nd generation american, i'm american. I know the difference of cultural differences as i grew up with many many many different peoples. And i know how to deal with them.

But this is the kung fu world where people take what they do seriously. I don't care if people don't like how i approach things in some cases. Most of the time i deal with people on this forum in a tongue in cheek manner because i know its just a forum.

But all of the people i've met off of this forum gets to see a side of me the forum doesn't. Because behind the computer you all can kick chuck norris' ass.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    well thinking I am an SD guy shows how little you know...former SD guy 15 years in.....
    I have ten + years traditional CMA training besides that ...some of it in CLF!

and Japanese arts , like judo and jujutsu...etc. total 30 years in the arts..
    sounds like martial art window shopper. get in get out.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Hey you guys go too fast! . Our school's story of the origin of U-Ming should make you think! Why would a young martial artist want to learn from a woman. It would be uncommon in the Ching dynasty. Yuan Simu was a northern family stylist. Family styles in China were exclusive. Professor Lau Bun jumped all these hurdles to learn. Surely this set must have great value considering how many conventions were broken.
    with this in mind we should realize that U-Ming was a closed door set only for Si-mu's family and no direct connection to the Shaolin Temple.
    How is it that in this modern era that a form that was exclusive and converted to another style appear elsewhere?
    How it that this form, at least Part1&2 follow the same basic sequence with some additional fluff as U-Ming?
    Amazing enough this form lacks the structure and strategy similar to the book.
    The lyrics , I believe were made up for the book or at least were a bad translation.
    I myself never learned an lyrics but learned some of the names of the different sections and none were even remotely like those in the book.
    As far as "The Crane flies in the sky" which is sort of funny is simply Piercing Hand, in a Empty horse, a common movement in CLF.
    I respect DFW and also the deceased Jane Hollander who wrote this book to promote CLF but I feel way to much journalistic licensee was taken and confused the public unintentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    sounds like martial art window shopper. get in get out.
    Funny.. Huh 10 years and 15 year, other arts over 20 years hello!? Window shopping? I think not... 32 years total uh hmmm !?

Ohh

Quote Originally Posted by buddajoe View Post
    Hey you guys go too fast! . Our school's story of the origin of U-Ming should make you think! Why would a young martial artist want to learn from a woman. It would be uncommon in the Ching dynasty. Yuan Simu was a northern family stylist. Family styles in China were exclusive. Professor Lau Bun jumped all these hurdles to learn. Surely this set must have great value considering how many conventions were broken.
    with this in mind we should realize that U-Ming was a closed door set only for Si-mu's family and no direct connection to the Shaolin Temple.
    How is it that in this modern era that a form that was exclusive and converted to another style appear elsewhere?
    How it that this form, at least Part1&2 follow the same basic sequence with some additional fluff as U-Ming?
    Amazing enough this form lacks the structure and strategy similar to the book.
    The lyrics , I believe were made up for the book or at least were a bad translation.
    I myself never learned an lyrics but learned some of the names of the different sections and none were even remotely like those in the book.
    As far as "The Crane flies in the sky" which is sort of funny is simply Piercing Hand, in a Empty horse, a common movement in CLF.
    I respect DFW and also the deceased Jane Hollander who wrote this book to promote CLF but I feel way to much journalistic licensee was taken and confused the public unintentionally.
    super secret kungfu huh!?

OH JESUS CHRIST, STFU.

GM DFW flat out told me he leaves moves out of his books... and for a very good reason. If you DID learn from the book, I guarantee you it is incomplete.

HSK is RIGHT here. Yeah, he may be wrong in a lot of things, but he is absolutely, without any degree of uncertainty, absolutely right here.

He isn't a bully. He's protective of his art... and given the sneaky, weasily nature of Shaolin Do, I don't blame him in the least. Again, and pay attention here... if you are learning from the book, you aren't learning the whole thing.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Blog Entries
    funny.. Huh 10 years and 15 year, other arts over 20 years hello!? Window shopping? I think not... 32 years total uh hmmm !?
    like drake said, stfu.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    What do you mean by that line? Are you saying there is enough of the form that jake performed to determine if it's the same as DFW's book?
    isnt... sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    OH JESUS CHRIST, STFU.

GM DFW flat out told me he leaves moves out of his books... and for a very good reason. If you DID learn from the book, I guarantee you it is incomplete.

HSK is RIGHT here. Yeah, he may be wrong in a lot of things, but he is absolutely, without any degree of uncertainty, absolutely right here.

He isn't a bully. He's protective of his art... and given the sneaky, weasily nature of Shaolin Do, I don't blame him in the least. Again, and pay attention here... if you are learning from the book, you aren't learning the whole thing.
    wow thats a new one...

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    OH JESUS CHRIST, STFU.

really, and why is he right?