View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1020 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 20520920970101010181019102010211022103010701120 ... LastLast
Results 15,286 to 15,300 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Blog Entries
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    I say, that anyone who posted on the 1,000th page shall hereafter be inaugurated as a member of the "Thousandth Pager" Club

so, ummm...what do we do now?
    I'm gonna go back and erase all my posts to put it back under a grand.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    By then we will all be dead and gone HSK, up yours, u want respect earn it, You have no right to hate all just for one or 2 have done. Get a life. KC
    Yeah but at least he doesn't have Stockholm syndrome and a sifu who admitted lying in court.

Your teacher has no honor, yet you protect his work anyways. What does that say about you?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    My ex tried to cave my head in with a cast iron frying pan once. Crazy b1tch! I'm lucky I'm quick and spry. She also Put a bottle of Grey Goose into the drywall about 3 inches from my head. Punk chicks ay!!! great in bed, crazy as fukc!!!

Monkey beak!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Hey Drake, don't monkey beak the bazoongas!

so wait - Frank, a lineage holder in Hung Sing CLF who has done a not insignificant amount of credible research on the system, ID's the form Milk Jake is doing as basically the one demo'd in DFW's book (based on certain earmarks - be they omissions or changes in moves / sequences), right?

and Jake was a former SD student, right?

and, some stylistic changes notwithstanding (Soard vs. Mullens vs. etc. "flavor") other SD guys do essentially the same form Jake is doing, right?

SKT has an established history of taking forms from books and passing it off as material that he learned from his teacher (who, ostensibly, learned it from the Chinese version of the Shaggy D.A.), right?

and yet TTM seems to be claiming that, with no evidence to the contrary (as far as I can tell) it's just as / more plausible that the version Jake and / or SD is doing comes from another source (that is, a lineage other than Frank's grand-master) than DFW's book, right?

really?!

REALLY?!

man, that SD Kool-Aide must be some powerful stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    multiple terms mashed into one...it may go more like this ...the MONKEY paws works similar to the preying mantis hooks or the cranes BEAKS...its like mixed metaphors. why continue to go on and on and on like a child that learned a new word or rhyme!?

oh c'mon, now u r just trolling;

you can't just conflate names because of similarities between the various animal hand shapes - mainly because the different shapes have different usage; even crane and mantis, though looking very much alike, function differently in application; conflating these things demonstrates only one thing: ignorance on the part of the person doing the conflating;

stop being such a blatant apologist for SD - or are you trying to get noticed and hired by the Catholic Church?

you can't just conflate names because of similarities between the various animal hand shapes - mainly because the different shapes have different usage; even crane and mantis, though looking very much alike, function differently in application; conflating these things demonstrates only one thing: ignorance on the part of the person doing the conflating;

stop being such a blatant apologist for SD - or are you trying to get noticed and hired by the Catholic Church?
    So does that mean my erotic spear form is bullsh1t?

lol... I never did it. But I'm at 986 too. I'm sure it's a mod fukcing with us or some other cat took my idea. Either somebody erased posts or the thread was split up.

I prolly have at least 5 pages of posts. All the same thing. "what? you're crazy? why defend a liar?"
    Last edited by Syn7; 10-13-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    So does that mean my erotic spear form is bullsh1t?
    if it's not Ameri-Do-Te, it's ALL bullsh1t...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Given the discussion about the roundhouse kick on the main board, which is one of the better threads I've seen on here recently, do you think the presence of that kick in our forms supports the possibility that those forms were created by Sin The? The kick appears in both the short kata and the sparring techniques. It's in flying tiger comes out of the cave and in golden mountain tiger. What do you think?
    I wanted to bump this to the top. Hadn't spent much forum time lately to read that particular thread, but I wondered that myself. Let me put some thougth into a more thorough response, but my knee jerk reaction is that it's either (1) Evidence of fabrication; or (2) at the least evidence of modification. I'm going to have an opportunity today to review a lot of my SD videos (and a few of the non-SD forms I've learned along the way) with a good friend and kung fu brother who has studied a more variety of styles than I have and who left SD before I quit training. I'll be sure to talk about this with him as well, but Sean can post his own thoughts on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I'm a bit mad now.

They have similar and different uses.

Stop your trolling....

anyone that has eyes, hands and a brain can see the similarities and the differences.

I am very well aware of the d usages...you are just putting a spin on it to make it sound like i said something wrong or incorrect, when I didnt.....

boyfirend got you sleeping on the couch again, no lovin?

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    They have similar and different uses.

Stop your trolling....

anyone that has eyes, hands and a brain can see the similarities and the differences.

I am very well aware of the d usages...you are just putting a spin on it to make it sound like i said something wrong or incorrect, when I didnt.....

boyfirend got you sleeping on the couch again, no lovin?
    It did make you sound like a moron.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"