View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1028 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 28528928978101810261027102810291030103810781128 ... LastLast
Results 15,406 to 15,420 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Darthlawyer View Post
    Claiming ownership of a form leads to blatant douchebaggery as best demonstrated by Sin The. If you learn your martial theory from a form, you are incompetent. Period. Frankly I see nothing wrong with a trained martial artist taking a form they have seen in a book or video and using it. If you believe that performing a set of maneuvers in a set order makes you better than performing similar moves in a different order, then you are a sushi player, or a superstitious ninny.

People get better fighting by applying moves to opponents (i.e. sparring). People become capable of sparring by practicing their moves in open air (forms or repetiton of individual moves). The idea that someone owns or transmits a form to someone is an archaic belief best left in the past, or to Sin The's bogus lawsuits.
    I wonder what hsk would have to say about owning and transmitting forms...

LOck

Is it locked again ? My computer said it is ? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Is it locked again ? My computer said it is ? KC
    Can't be locked if you posted in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I wanted to bump this to the top. Hadn't spent much forum time lately to read that particular thread, but I wondered that myself. Let me put some thougth into a more thorough response, but my knee jerk reaction is that it's either (1) Evidence of fabrication; or (2) at the least evidence of modification. I'm going to have an opportunity today to review a lot of my SD videos (and a few of the non-SD forms I've learned along the way) with a good friend and kung fu brother who has studied a more variety of styles than I have and who left SD before I quit training. I'll be sure to talk about this with him as well, but Sean can post his own thoughts on the subject.
    When you get around to putting up your thoughts, I'd also like to hear your thoughts on the possibility of Hiang The using stuff in his system that Sin The made up. I know I mentioned it in my original comment to this post but I've since revisited Hiang The's website. The 30 short katas, the 20 sparring techniqes, flying tiger, and golden mountain tiger are all there. If Sin The made those forms up, the Hiang The thought enough of them to use them and he has used them with Sin The's knowledge and consent because, to my knowledge, Sin hasn't sued Hiang. Also, as I mentioned, Hiang has our three bird forms listed as part of a much larger system, which was passed to him by another master in Indonesia who was not master Ie. So those lower belt forms at least seem less likely to me to have been made up. It's a morass. In any case, I am interested in the fruits of your thoughts/weekend discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    When you get around to putting up your thoughts, I'd also like to hear your thoughts on the possibility of Hiang The using stuff in his system that Sin The made up. I know I mentioned it in my original comment to this post but I've since revisited Hiang The's website. The 30 short katas, the 20 sparring techniqes, flying tiger, and golden mountain tiger are all there. If Sin The made those forms up, the Hiang The thought enough of them to use them and he has used them with Sin The's knowledge and consent because, to my knowledge, Sin hasn't sued Hiang. Also, as I mentioned, Hiang has our three bird forms listed as part of a much larger system, which was passed to him by another master in Indonesia who was not master Ie. So those lower belt forms at least seem less likely to me to have been made up. It's a morass. In any case, I am interested in the fruits of your thoughts/weekend discussion.
    Hiang The was used as a defense to the Shane Hamilton lawsuit (so I've been told). The defense is that Hiang The asserts this material was not created by Sin The so he cannot copyright it. If true, it would not lend any insight into the actual origins of SD's material (other than Indonesia) but it would indicate that Sin The lied in the deposition, but did not create this core material. In short, who the hell knows but the The brothers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    idk.....but his name is bad news from the get go. THE SIN evil incarnate.
    Evil is scary.

Nothing about SKT is scary. In fact if he got aggressive with me my first reaction would probably to laugh.

hsk, you are a tool, dude. Just for the heck of it, I am going to get DFW's book and/or video and learn that form. Then, I am going to advertise a free seminar open to the public and teach the form and encourage everyone to bring a video camera. At the end of the seminar I will advise everyone that this is the true form, hold up the book, and tell them that there are little minded people on the west coast that insist it is their form and that nobody else could possibly have the real deal but them. But not to worry, because they can see from the book that it is the real deal. Then after they go out and spread the form all over ther world, you can have your meltdown.

Have a nice day.

OLd and Used

Oh man that is too funny too tooo funny. Good luck with it I will tell all I know to come and take it. But remember HSK wont respect you after this. KC

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    hsk, you are a tool, dude. Just for the heck of it, I am going to get DFW's book and/or video and learn that form. Then, I am going to advertise a free seminar open to the public and teach the form and encourage everyone to bring a video camera. At the end of the seminar I will advise everyone that this is the true form, hold up the book, and tell them that there are little minded people on the west coast that insist it is their form and that nobody else could possibly have the real deal but them. But not to worry, because they can see from the book that it is the real deal. Then after they go out and spread the form all over ther world, you can have your meltdown.

Have a nice day.

ZOMG that is funny... You should do a live streaming video of the seminar

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    the real gung fu community loves to laugh at people like you.
    It's not the Traditional Kungfu community either...
    Last edited by Fa Xing; 10-17-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Yeah, I was chuckling while I wrote it. But you want to know what is the funniest part? I have no intention of picking up that stupid form. It does not interest me. Yes, I practiced SD for several years and have many friends that still do, but have been away from SD since 2002. I do other things now and the last thing that is important to me is a "kung fu" form that looks like a white rapper gone mad. If that is your thing, go for it. If I would have attempted to use technique like that while serving warrants, I would have become a statistic instead of dragging bad guys off to jail. No doubt there is some application of "purist kung fu" in the street, but I am not interested in it. Prefer my Byakuren and Judo. KSK is a waste of time, or sifu frank, whatever.

Naw, not worth the effort, especially since I have never picked up any material in that manner. BTW, I (and I expect quite a few others on here) could not care less about acceptance or rejection by the "KUNG FU COMMUNITY", really. If it takes acceptance from a group of whiney baby a$$es to be considered legitimate, I guess I will have to look at my SD time as an illegitimate a$$-kicker. That was then and this is now and while I enjoyed my SD time, it is not even 1/3 of what I am as a martial artist. I do not consider, nor have I ever, myself a kung fu practicioner. I enjoy watching the pretty moves, but prefer to use tried and proven street techniques from Byakuren and Judo to accomplish the task I have to do. Have at it, dude.

Hsk

I have a better Idea HSK why dont you show us how it is supposed to be done. As a rep of the true style surely you can still perform such a basic form . So show a current and recently done 5 animal form as it should be done One legged squat and all. KC

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I have a better Idea HSK why dont you show us how it is supposed to be done. As a rep of the true style surely you can still perform such a basic form . So show a current and recently done 5 animal form as it should be done One legged squat and all. KC
    Now you are asking for too much.

His actions are reflective of his teaching and or up bringing.

I cant believe hes being such a D-O-U-C-H-E B-A-G....

If anyone is a FRAUD here it is Frank, both start with F, as in FAIL!!

All he's been able to do is keyboard kung fu and put up funny pictures of himself.

lets see...
    makes outragious claims about his kung fu, associations,etc.,
    constantly redirects or changes the subject instead of staying on topic
    has no proof of anything other than his word, which means nothing to me,
    when in doubt resorts to childish antics and immature behavior....
    and has about half a dozen over grown kids ride his nuts like he is the Guru of Gung Fu.....almost like a cult leader...hmm?

I certainly wouldnt want this guy representing my association.

btw ...anyone see his responese video to jake about the five animal form!?!

Nearly 1K (again!) and this thread continues to amuse....

...NOT!

What is up with you people? Do you really think that you're going to convince your debate adversaries of your position with posts like these?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart