View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1034 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 34534934984102410321033103410351036104410841134 ... LastLast
Results 15,496 to 15,510 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Shaolin Do is not really Shaolin.

Alot of things going on about Shaolin Do being real kung fu. I look around the internet and see why many peoples don't believe Shaolin Do is the true Shaolin.

I finded this video and it makes me think this is kungfu? i never see kung fu do like this. Shoot. When i first see the teachers mullet, i say mully mully mully. i can not control my laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRXqHBK1Eyw

Howcome the teacher has no stance? no Jaht Ma? if i have two sticks and move like this i thinks i dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foDXjaSyQMk

I tried looking Shaolin Do but cannot find anything before Indonesia.

HSK, its no bueno Shaolin Do acts like homeless children. they copy the shaolin 5 animal set.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    SD was not proven to be "fraudulent" in a court of law. That statement is overly broad and factually inaccurate. A deposition was taken (which is not in a court of law but under oath nonetheless) during the deposition, Sin The claimed to have created a significant amount of SD material. That claim is at odds with claims he has made elsewhere, including in his book and on his schooll websites wherein he claims that some of that same material was ancient. The problem is that if something is ancient, it is not able to be copyrighted whereas if it is created by Sin The, then it is (sort of). Thus the case was settled after Sin The's motion for preliminary injunction was denied. While the deposition established that Sin The has either lied during the deposition or to his students about the source of some of the SD material, it has not be decided in a court of law that the system as a whole is fradulent. Same same with the Vanover case. Bad factual understanding creates worthless opinions.

This law lesson was free.
    Excellent summary of the legal status of all of this. It will fall on deaf ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foDXjaSyQMk[/url
    Looks like: http://youtu.be/HPPj6viIBmU

In my opinion the guy moves like crap and he made up his own system. Who cares. All systems can be traced back to some guy that had an idea, started making up his own forms and system.

Just because someone has "authentic linage" doesn't make their martial arts system any better than anyone else's. They still all go back to one guy.
    Last edited by Shaolin; 10-18-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    Honorable Forum Members

How many Divisions/Fractions of CLF Claim the Lau Bun Linage?

Thanking you in advance for your Reply

OTD
    Frank, can you lend some insight into this question? Your sigung is the head of that lineage, but how many other CLF lineages have split off from Lau Bun's lineage?
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Blog Entries
    Just because someone has "authentic linage" doesn't make their martial arts system any better than anyone else's. They still all go back to one guy.
    THAT RIGHT THERE. it proves the lack of understanding of what it means to be part of a lineage and be proud of it.

shaolin do's martial arts is called KUNGARATE. wannabe kung fu be really karate.

thats not taking away from skills. no one is mentioning skills. we are talking about what is authentic and what is made up bull sh1t given a fake history. hairy monk my ass. shaolin temple in the early 1900's my ass. smh

i can pretty much say styles like Wing Chung, Hung Gar, and Choy Lee Fut have people who are all proud to be of their respective lineages. i know this for a fact. and i believe there are some who are proud to be shaolin do.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-18-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    THAT RIGHT THERE. it proves the lack of understanding of what it means to be part of a lineage and be proud of it.

shaolin do's martial arts is called KUNGARATE. wannabe kung fu be really karate.

thats not taking away from skills. no one is mentioning skills. we are talking about what is authentic and what is made up bull sh1t given a fake history. hairy monk my ass. shaolin temple in the early 1900's my ass. smh
    being proud maybe part of your problem.

We all understand what you are saying, it just doesn't matter to most people like it does to you. And saying the same things over and over isn't changing your results. SD has a lineage that is different than most because of the path it has traveled . Many schools an their lineage can and are questioned all the time. You should know this most of all.

Btw. It wasn't until recent years that anyone called it (SD) Kung Fu . It had always been known as karate , Chinese karate . You are arguing over semantics and minor technicalities.

Blog Entries
    We all understand what you are saying, it just doesn't matter to most people like it does to you. And saying the same things over and over isn't changing your results. SD has a lineage that is different than most because of the path it has traveled . Many schools an their lineage can and are questioned all the time. You should know this most of all.

Btw. It wasn't until recent years that anyone called it (SD) Kung Fu . It had always been known as karate , Chinese karate . You are arguing over semantics and minor technicalities.
    fair enough. now tell me about this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXqmiWeLTI4

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    It had always been known as karate , Chinese karate . You are arguing over semantics and minor technicalities.
    you admit its karate

VICTORY

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Judge Pen

there are many individuals who have learned our forms. Howard Lee who is my sisuk, taught many in Southern California who don't all follow CLF. In fact Lee sisuk has his own methods and expects to live 150 years. Check it out. Janet Gee, learned from DFW. She was very different when I knew her. She is on a path of discovery. Bob Cook, who learned from Jew Sifu during the 70's and who is now in his seventies. His son ,JR.who was called Beetle is now in MMA. Dino has his picture in his studio. Bob has pictures of my sifu is on his Facebook page. When i knew these others they all had the same base. I'm sure that over time there has been changes but none that would extreme.

fair enough. now tell me about this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXqmiWeLTI4
    Funny stuff. But I enjoy actually seeing you demoing 5AF. The little I've seen you and your sifu do is very nice. Frankly I'd like to see more of it. I've never seen anyone in Hung Sing do the opening section (aside from the old old videos on youtube of DFW). I'd love to see your expression of the opening section. But if you want to tease and put up funny videos, then that's entertaining too (just not very constructive).

Quote Originally Posted by buddajoe View Post
    there are many individuals who have learned our forms. Howard Lee who is my sisuk, taught many in Southern California who don't all follow CLF. In fact Lee sisuk has his own methods and expects to live 150 years. Check it out. Janet Gee, learned from DFW. She was very different when I knew her. She is on a path of discovery. Bob Cook, who learned from Jew Sifu during the 70's and who is now in his seventies. His son ,JR.who was called Beetle is now in MMA. Dino has his picture in his studio. Bob has pictures of my sifu is on his Facebook page. When i knew these others they all had the same base. I'm sure that over time there has been changes but none that would extreme.
    Howard Lee was my Sifu's (Frank Primicias) first CLF teacher and gave him his CLF base. Later, Howard Lee turned the school over to Sigung John Lem, and he became my Sifu's primary CLF teacher for a decade. Sigung Lem's CLF is very different from Lau Bun's Hung Sing. However, we have HS as well as Chan Family material as well.

Back in 2005, I went to the house of Share K. Lew for a qigong healing treatment to supplement my rehab for a shoulder injury. He of course knew my Sifu, since he had taught him qigong prior to my Sifu training with Howard Lee. I mentioned how the injury made doing the CLF motions difficult, and he gently smiled and said, "Yes..." and about three-quarter speed demo'd sow choy/biu Jong, chuin nau/poon kiu/chop choy. He was around 87 at the time, and I hadn't heard of him performing CLF before, though I knew he had CLF background from Lau Bun(?). I don't know if Master Lew still practiced CLF (probably not), but his movements were still sharp and powerful-looking.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 10-18-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Excellent summary of the legal status of all of this. It will fall on deaf ears.
    I get it. He either lied in the dep or he lied to his students. That makes him a liar who lacks integrity. Nothing difficult about it. Both options are unacceptable when it comes to somebody who is supposed to be a role model. It's even worse because he is selling this false image. This case isn't deep people. It's shallow as fukc. No confusion here.

You do realize that words taken in deposition can be and are used in a court of law, right? Had the case gone all the way, those depositions would have been entered. FOR SURE.

So why was the case settled? Who gave in and why? Was there a compromise?

bob cook's son is in MMA now. known as crazy bob cook.

look at the hands size of bob cook senior....meat hooks

HOLY SH!T....!!!

Anyone willing to authenticate this pic? Providence please? You folks that actually met bob cook, were his hands really that big? His lanky body makes them look even bigger.

Dude can cover his whole face with just his palm. Crazy! Were his hands a plus or a minus in his practice? Big is not always better, but I suspect in this case it may be. Where they strong too? Or just Ginormous?

Blog Entries
    Funny stuff. But I enjoy actually seeing you demoing 5AF. The little I've seen you and your sifu do is very nice. Frankly I'd like to see more of it. I've never seen anyone in Hung Sing do the opening section (aside from the old old videos on youtube of DFW). I'd love to see your expression of the opening section. But if you want to tease and put up funny videos, then that's entertaining too (just not very constructive).

the opening section is exactly as Jake has it, minus his lack of understanding of this form. move for move.

Personally, I don't really care about SD as a style and whether it is effective or not. I wouldn't bother with it, but that's just me. My whole interest is in the Stockholm thing going on. How people would show loyalty to somebody who lied to them, whether directly or indirectly.

You people really need to start writing sh1t down and taking notes if you can't keep who said what separated in your mind. We don't all have the same arguments and we don't all agree with eachother 100% all the time. We all just think SD is fukced up for one reason or another.

Lumping us all in one HATER category shows a complete lack of understanding and a general inability to sort out the arguments being put to you and addressing them individually.

The only generalizations I make about ALL SD students is that they all show or or showed allegiance to somebody who lied to them. This is insane to me. OK, so if you didn't know, I get that. But now you know. WTF?

I honestly believe that because some have put so much time into SD that they validate staying on board in one way or another in order to not have to face some very simple facts. If that's insulting, so be it. I am not sorry. But I will and have been listening. Some make sense, some are just backsliding slowly into their own oblivion.