View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1055 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 555559551005104510531054105510561057106511051155 ... LastLast
Results 15,811 to 15,825 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    sin the might have continued the legacy of fraud from bandung, since the tai chi form from bandung is also made up.

its a mix of yang style tai chi and choy lee fut with stolen lyrics slapped on the techniques

the moves are cut from various styles, and the lyrics are also cut from various styles and randomly assigned to the moves.
    Sure, Sin The's teachers might have made everything else up too, but your arguments do not address Sal's opinion that this set is from Southern Shaolin Longfist. Maybe Sin The or his teacher's stole it. That's a different argument than whether or not it is an authentic set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Sure, Sin The's teachers might have made everything else up too, but your arguments do not address Sal's opinion that this set is from Southern Shaolin Longfist. Maybe Sin The or his teacher's stole it. That's a different argument than whether or not it is an authentic set.
    this is not southern shaolin long fist. this is a mish mash of tai chi and choy lee fut.

theres no such thing as southern shaolin long fist.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

with stolen lyrics slapped on the techniques
    This also gets into the confusion on the name. Someone is trying to convince me that Sin the first taught this form to a small number of students in 1974. Maybe (I wasn't even born then). There is another argument that Sin The didn't know this form personally and some of his students learned it during the 1992 trip to Indonesia. They then asked Sin The for the notes on the lyrics (becasue he is supposed to know EVERYTHING or so he says). So he made up the lyrics to a real set that is being taught in Indonesia. These are the two prevailing arguments that I've heard. I don't know which is true but I know which I believe.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    gene ching is shaolin. have you confirmed this with him? or any other shaolin family? don't depend on one guy
    He is the only one that's commented on it, but I've heard other people here tell me that he is a reputible source (he is writing the Shaolin Encyclopedia). He might be wrong for all I know. At this point I'm skeptical of everything and I'm willing to listen to a number of opinions to help me sort out my own beliefs.

This also gets into the confusion on the name. Someone is trying to convince me that Sin the first taught this form to a small number of students in 1974. Maybe (I wasn't even born then). There is another argument that Sin The didn't know this form personally and some of his students learned it during the 1992 trip to Indonesia. They then asked Sin The for the notes on the lyrics (becasue he is supposed to know EVERYTHING or so he says). So he made up the lyrics to a real set that is being taught in Indonesia. These are the two prevailing arguments that I've heard. I don't know which is true but I know which I believe.
    let us begin with the first move

this is a ready stance in choy lee fut and village hung kuen. when students do the form, they stretch out their hands to line up and make space.

this is not even supposed to be a technique.

sin the gave it the name "great bird spreads wings" which is part of the proper bak sing/hung sing clf salute. he probably thought the outstretched hands resemble wings.

let us begin with the first move

this is a ready stance in choy lee fut and village hung kuen. when students do the form, they stretch out their hands to line up and make space.

this is not even supposed to be a technique.

sin the gave it the name "great bird spreads wings" which is part of the proper bak sing/hung sing clf salute. he probably thought the outstretched hands resemble wings.
    Did you see the Indonesian videos before they were taken down? The performer in that video does this as well.

Did you see the Indonesian videos before they were taken down? The performer in that video does this as well.
    then it is very simple, the indonesian performers are also frauds.

havent seen the video, if it is legit, then shaolin do has butchered it beyond recognition.

we can go on to technique number two when you are ready.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-29-2012 at 06:10 PM.

then it is very simple, the indonesian performers are also frauds.

havent seen the video, if it is legit, then shaolin do has butchered it beyond recognition.

we can go on to technique number two when you are ready.
    Maybe; that is certainly an argument. I'm open to any and all interpretations. I will say that the form wasn't "beyond recognition" to Sal when he identified it.

And by all means continue. I much prefer constructive discussion.

gene ching is shaolin. have you confirmed this with him? or any other shaolin family? don't depend on one guy
    Bio: http://www.bgtent.com/CMAQigongSchoo...uctor-info.htm

second technique: taoist immortal bows to buddha

this is an oxymoron that will never, ever, ever, occur in any chinese phrase. what sin the meant to say was probably child prays to buddha.

the performer gary grooms claps his hands and starts rotating and gyrating like a clock.

child prays to buddha is a technique where you clap the ears. its the salute of northern shaolin kung fu.

you should be able to spot beauty gazes at mirror frank. its pretty obvious

This thread brightens my day.

You Shaolin Do-tards are trying to justify this b.s based on your subjective observation of one form you saw performed in Indonesia twenty years ago.

What about the other 899?

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    This thread brightens my day.

You Shaolin Do-tards are trying to justify this b.s based on your subjective observation of one form you saw performed in Indonesia twenty years ago.

What about the other 899?
    their anguish and despair at the breaking down of their fabric of reality gives me joy in my heart. it makes my penus very tingly, it has not happen in many years
    Last edited by bawang; 10-29-2012 at 06:50 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTVDD8yLgvE

Might be disappointing to some, but Shaolin Do's Mantis Kata is traditional, authentic, and deadly. Make no doubt about it.

since when did kung fu people call their forms "KATA"?
    Since Mantis was all about pointy fingers, that's when.