View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 106 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 656961041051061071081161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger
    This clip is often refered to and mistaken for "Enters the Door". Actually, it is bits of Tang Lang Chien that was filmed FOR A MOVIE TEST TRAILER. Nothing more, nothing less. It was done to have the essence of Mantis and a tad of flash added in. It is a good representation of the Tang Lang forms that were taught out many moons ago but is nothing like the Mantis seminars taught a few years back.

I will agree with most that TOO much material is taught out too quickly. Its the classic "quality vs quantity" problem. But, thats the nature of the beast. Either you like it that way or you don't.
    I was mistaken then. It did look like "enters the door." It still doesn't have the feel of a mantis like the more recent forms that were taught out do have.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 04-05-2005 at 06:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

New Kid's Book

Question:

Is it required of SD students to learn the volume of "kata" so often complained about, or does the syllabus vary instructor to instructor?
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

there are required forms for rank and other forms one can learn as well on the SD site I think there is a required list of forms kc

Quote Originally Posted by Vash
    Question:

Is it required of SD students to learn the volume of "kata" so often complained about, or does the syllabus vary instructor to instructor?
    It sort of varies from region to region.

If you look here:

http://www.shaolin-do.com/pages/katas.shtml

Look at the first black to second black requirements. Alot of the stuff is taught electively. What is taught here in Tennessee are the four tigers, four spears, classical pa kua and Tai Chi. None of the rest of it is taught as rank advancement and the previously mentioned forms are the ones tested over. As far as I know other regions teach some other stuff as rank advancement, however the core of the system there are the forms mentioned and they are tested over everywhere. Without all of the other stuff it's alot to learn in two years.

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

Yes. For example I know that the group in Atlanta must learn Tang Lang Chien as well as the 4 Tigers, 4 spears, Tai Chi 64 and classical Pa Kua. It may vary in Kentucky and out west under the Soards.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Question:

From white belt to 1st black, there is a pretty much universal standard of material that is required. After that, each rank of black has required and optional forms and a min time requirement. Although this seems to now vary by "region" , thats the way it generally is.

Required:

1st to 2nd- Tai Chi (Yang 64) and Classical Pa Kua
    2nd to 3rd- Hsing Ie (5 roads, 12 animals,Linkage)
    3rd to 4th- 4 roads/books of the Hua
    4th to 5th- 5 drunken immortals
    5th on-

To each of these ranks, optional material is added to make 10 forms total for advancement.

Again, this may vary in different places but as a whole, thats the way it is done.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by Thunaric
    are you the author?

Quote Originally Posted by Jhapa
    are you the author?

No, not at all. I just saw some news on it. Its written by a Shaolin Do brown belt, therefore I thought it had relevance here one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunaric
    No, not at all. I just saw some news on it. Its written by a Shaolin Do brown belt, therefore I thought it had relevance here one way or the other.
    I don't know the guy personally but from those who have read it, they say that it is a very well written childrens book. There are supposed to be more coming out later in the set.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

i did a little search on amazon, and his 2nd book/cd is coming out on sept. hmm

Let's not lose sight of the fact that shaolin-do is some fake a$$ bull$heet. Hope y'all have enjoyed being lied to and deceived. LOLOLOLOLOL.
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

Hey Fred, this thread was almost dead: no one had posted on it in several days and yet you feel the need to come in and post again just to say that? You're a class act man, really. Let this thing die man; stop complaining about our stuff and worry about your own.

And your sparring gear is too **** pink.

For PK:

Dat's Just Da Wa I talk1!1

LOL!, Thats just wrong! (Thanks for posting it! LOL!)
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Once there was a mosquito who thought he was a fly and the "fly" kept saying he was a Fly. So was he a fly or a mosquito ? Either way i squashed him. Did I use Shuto or buddha "s Palm good question. Did I kill the fly or the mosquito? Who cares as long as it is dead. kc