View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 108 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 858981061071081091101181582086081108 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

shaolin-do real? I have the contusions to prove it

I studied Shaolin-Do for a few years in Erie, PA. I am not a black belt and therefor am not considered nor claim to be a representative of the system. However, Erie has a rather prolific and competitive martial arts community. During my time of study, quite a few extremely competent martial artists were visitors at the kwoon. (excuse me Sensei Brian, Dojo!) There were times I vividly remember some of the power of Shaolin-Do manifesting that seemed to have a religious effect on those who witnessed it, namely they invoked the name of religious deitys in ways I had never heard before. Then I pulled myself out of the broken drywall between the wall stuccos and dusted myself off.

Those cleaver trolls are even worse than the clever ones. heh heh.

Shaolin DOH! though it may be good krotty will not find a fan base from teh ranks of those who taste from Shaolin arts for the most part.

goes over real big with the Nascar Gi set though it seems.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    goes over real big with the Nascar Gi set though it seems.

Say what you will about SD but lets leave Nascar out it.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger
    Say what you will about SD but lets leave Nascar out it.

Actually, on another level these "SD real chinese martial art or not?" and a nascar analogy are apropo.

Goes round and round furiously and ultimately gets nowhere.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

the question is, why is this thread the thriving thread in the shaolin forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    the question is, why is this thread the thriving thread in the shaolin forum?
    Because Shaolin-Do IS the predominant shaolin art, silly!

(sorry, not much to do at work today and I am a tad bored)
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger
    Because Shaolin-Do IS the predominant shaolin art, silly!

(sorry, not much to do at work today and I am a tad bored)

WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Hsing ie six harmonies staff in September!

Not to mention the tournament is supposed to be amazingly different this time around. Based on Grandmaster Sin and Master Schaefer's comments, I am very excited about this one.

TTT

hahahahahahahahaha.
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

The final answer to this question, would be to gather up all flavors of Shaolin players together. ALL OF THEM. Make a "Royal Rumble" type contest for different divisions (ie: 1-3 years of training, 4-10 years, 10+).

Of course I'd be pulling for Northern Longfist but that's just me.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

If it's fighting, then what would that prove? What if, God forbid, the SD people actually can fight? Does that make them more or less legitimate as a CMA claimed style?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    If it's fighting, then what would that prove? What if, God forbid, the SD people actually can fight? Does that make them more or less legitimate as a CMA claimed style?
    Legitimate? I doubt it. More respected? Most likely. There will always be negative things said about other CMA, even within the same style. One of the reasons I am more and more turned off by CMA. Pretty soon you should hear something similair to "I practice the REAL shaolin-do".

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Quote Originally Posted by ewallace
    The final answer to this question, would be to gather up all flavors of Shaolin players together. ALL OF THEM. Make a "Royal Rumble" type contest for different divisions (ie: 1-3 years of training, 4-10 years, 10+).

Of course I'd be pulling for Northern Longfist but that's just me.
    sil lum hung kuen with a heavy background in hard hei gung pwns you!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ewallace
    Legitimate? I doubt it. More respected? Most likely. There will always be negative things said about other CMA, even within the same style. One of the reasons I am more and more turned off by CMA. Pretty soon you should hear something similair to "I practice the REAL shaolin-do".
    I don't think it would make a difference. We can be good at whatever we do, call it CMA, karate, kempo, kung tao, b.s., whatever, and not be well respected because of the claims that have been made. My take on all of this is that the conditioning and training isn't a real concern for most of the detractors; the problem most people seem to have is that the popular conception is that SD isn't what SDers say it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Well, if the majority of the SD players were left standing, then maybe it would quiet some critics. But since it will never happen, lets just keep making fun of it. It's just a debate that can never be won on either side.