View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1095 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 955959951045108510931094109510961097110511451195 ... LastLast
Results 16,411 to 16,425 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    So MK why do you have those pics that man is Chinese right? Is that GMThe's teacher? Yes it is. Is he doing CMA? Oh my my yes he is. KC
    Yes, but he is not just teaching Chinese which we were all told. MK, correct me if I'm wrong, but that gentleman claimed this was his teacher, a Dutch, who learned from Ie. If this is true, then it does validate the existence of Sin The's teacher and the proper identification of whatever legitmate material Sin The learned as kung tao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    So MK why do you have those pics that man is Chinese right? Is that GMThe's teacher? Yes it is. Is he doing CMA? Oh my my yes he is. KC
    So is Sin The is the one who f@cked it all up, then? Didn't remember that much as an adult, decided to teach for $$ to get people in his fitness gym, then made up/stole the rest of it to keep you guys paying his rent?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

These were supposed to be the collegues in Bandung, right?
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Yes, but he is not just teaching Chinese which we were all told. MK, correct me if I'm wrong, but that gentleman claimed this was his teacher, a Dutch, who learned from Ie. If this is true, then it does validate the existence of Sin The's teacher and the proper identification of whatever legitmate material Sin The learned as kung tao.
    Yeah, he was a Dutch guy working in Indonesia at the time, and took classes with Ie. He said Ie only knew a couple of styles, and there were a bunch of other teachers at that school.

Invalidates all of the "We only teach Chinese" and "we adopted Gis to blend in" rhetoric, too.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    So is Sin The is the one who f@cked it all up, then? Didn't remember that much as an adult, decided to teach for $$ to get people in his fitness gym, then made up/stole the rest of it to keep you guys paying his rent?
    Yep; pretty much. I think Sin The did teach some legitimate material, but taught it the way he wanted to that varied differently from the way it is still being taught in Indoneisa. The videos from Bangdung in 1992 showed some striking simularities, but some big differences, in some of the same material that is being taught in SD today.

Yeah, he was a Dutch guy working in Indonesia at the time, and took classes with Ie. He said Ie only knew a couple of styles, and there were a bunch of other teachers at that school.

Invalidates all of the "We only teach Chinese" and "we adopted Gis to blend in" rhetoric, too.
    Yes it does, but the rest of his story also validates what Hiang The was telling the students that Sin only learned from Ie, but he learned from some of the other collegues.

Wasn't the dutch guy wearing a gi in one of those photos? I think the did wear gis or whatever else was convenient to train in.

Yes it does, but the rest of his story also validates what Hiang The was telling the students that Sin only learned from Ie, but he learned from some of the other collegues.

Wasn't the dutch guy wearing a gi in one of those photos? I think the did wear gis or whatever else was convenient to train in.
    No, that's a visiting Judo guy, also white.

No, that's a visiting Judo guy, also white.
    Ah ok. Could be bull****, but Sin The also claims to have a black belt in judo. Or maybe he met a black belt once.

Looks reasonably legit.

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Looks reasonably legit.
    From what you can see from a photo.

Shape of the guys head and face are similar to the paintings.

Shape of the guys head and face are similar to the paintings.

I meant about him teaching CMA. I think the photos are probably of Ie Chang Ming, but you can never know. To quote Apocalypse Now, "the bull**** piles up so fast you need wings to stay above it."

I've seen a lot worse.

From the structural details, you can tell that it was from a legit source.

in regards to the engineering deal, his bio even says he got a bachelor's degree, and that he quit to be the grandmaster of shaolin
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    ?????
    ?????
    Nice pictures. Why the question marks?