View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1099 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 995999991049108910971098109911001101110911491199 ... LastLast
Results 16,471 to 16,485 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by syn7 View Post
    when i write

insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - albert einstein

and you respond with some shit about practice, i call that dumb. Clearly the quote is above your paygrade.
    ok let me explain it slowly to you. Practice is doing the same thingover and over, basics , forms or bagwork or sparring and expecting to get better. You must not be better or you would have gotten it kc
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Because different for you would be you getting better. KC

Blog Entries
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    ok let me explain it slowly to you. Practice is doing the same thingover and over, basics , forms or bagwork or sparring and expecting to get better. You must not be better or you would have gotten it kc
    lol. Like I said, clearly the quote is waaaay above your paygrade.

AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS
    is key to understanding the quote. How fucking dumb are you? For real, WTF???

At no point does that convey that repetition itself is a bad thing. Are you getting this yet?

If you are doing an exercise and you are getting great results, then you should keep doing it.
    What would be dumb is expecting different results after putting in enough time to notice the difference. It's either helping you or its hurting you. If it is hurting you and you keep doing it in some fucked up hope that things will just change, you are a retard.

Here's another reason why what you said was retarded. This one may be too abstract for you though, but I will try it once. Ok:

There are many variables in any exercise. If you change, the equation changes. If you aren't changing and the exercise itself remains the same then the equation remains the same.

So basically, if you are bigger, faster and/or stronger, the whole equation changes.

I can't believe you need this explained??? Actually, never mind, keep thinking you understand, it's more fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    he is still the joke of the day.

for all of Shaolin Do, post up a video of what you believe to GOOD evidence of Sin The's skill. I am posting my sifu's skills up as a honest gesture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kBVSqL96u8
    0:30 = Short form #10

for all of Shaolin Do, post up a video of what you believe to GOOD evidence of Sin The's skill. ...
    Honestly, I'd be happy to oblige because there are a few vids I've seen that I think are really nice. Unfortunately I don't have any kind of permission to post this stuff, so it's left to whatever is already public domain.

Hsk

in good faith I will post one this week end, if I can figure it out. I hope that your criticism of it will be Civil and honest with no Bias due the history of your 5 Animal form. KC

Blog Entries
    in good faith I will post one this week end, if I can figure it out. I hope that your criticism of it will be Civil and honest with no Bias due the history of your 5 Animal form. KC
    if you have clear cut and obvious skills, your performance will speak for itself.

I will post one of GMThe, that I have. I probably have the or one of the Largest DVD collection of forms in SD. KC

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    You are not understanding the context of the quote from Einstein.
    If I may:
    Taking your example of practice-
    Insanity would be practicing MA over and over and getting better at MA BUT expecting to get better at swimming.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Sorry that is not what I get from that statement. KC

Blog Entries
    you don't eat an apple expecting to taste an orange is what that insanity pic is stating.

you don't eat an apple expecting to taste an orange is what that insanity pic is stating.
    but frank, when i eat an apple, it taste like oranges.

btw can i have ur permission to teach the five animal form in wombat combat?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

the results of training are getting better, with side effects of injury here and there. so if you keep training, you will keep getting those same results. to expect different results is not logical.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

oh but just to be a stinker:

Who first said the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect different results?:

The answer isn't really known but current consensus is that it came from the author Rita Mae Brown in her book Sudden Death on Pg. 68 from 1983.

Quote: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

Most people will attribute this quote to Albert Einstein but there is no evidence to suggest that he made this statement.

This quote "Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results" appears in the Basic Text of Narcotics Anonymous which was copyrighted in 1982 and later published in 1983. It is found on page 11 of the final "Review Form" which was distributed to the fellowship in November of 1981. It is found on page 23 of the current sixth edition.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.