View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1102 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 10260210021052109211001101110211031104111211521202 ... LastLast
Results 16,516 to 16,530 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Yeah, because you are dumb. period. Way to avoid the fact that you made a mistake. Either you know you done fucked up or you really don't get it.... still.
    Even on my dumbest day you would still be my Junior, Boy. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

things are open to interpretation based upon ones history and life experiences. KC

http://youtu.be/3_SRZJYK2Vw

The linked YouTube channel has several examples of sin kwang the and bill leonard doing tai chi CHUAN and Bagua.

I think the instruction they are giving and the methods they are showing demonstrate a poor level of understanding of these arts.

Do any of the sd students here think that these examples of ima show a understanding of these martial arts? I think they have not mastered tai chi CHUAN or Bagua as they claim and they both have very little understanding of ima.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Blog Entries
    those video's give me the instant feeling of "he doesn't know what he's doing does he?"

sorry.

does someone in this video have some horrible chest condition? what are those noises being made?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD71yIJq_jU&feature=plcp
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-07-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    hahah what comic book movie did you steal this from!?hahahaha yeah whatever dude
    Stop by and I'll show you. Unlike you, nothing is stolen, though.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

You seem angry lately? You ok?

Seriously, I'm not trying to poke at you. You seem far more aggressive, violently aggressive since you came back.
    Seriously? I've ALWAYS been like this. I was worse before I joined the military. Before that, I wouldn't even give someone the benefit of a warning.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Even on my dumbest day you would still be my Junior, Boy. KC
    Then why is the context of the quote so hard for you to grasp? If everyone took words literally and looked for any and all meanings than for what they were intended, it would be an even more fucked up world than it already is.

I think you know what you said was dumb and you just don't have the cajones to admit you were wrong. Either that or you really are the dumbest cat on KFM. We know you are challenged, but I never thought you were in the bottom three. I reserve those spots for mouthy kids, you're the first person on that list that is past middle age. You should know better.

Your sig is quite ironic. You think you are being didactic, but really you just come across as an idiot. Time for a deep self inventory, son....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Seriously? I've ALWAYS been like this. I was worse before I joined the military. Before that, I wouldn't even give someone the benefit of a warning.
    Just an observation. I don't know you personally, so I judge on your posts. Were you a thuggish kid or a knuckle dragger jock type? Or were you just a ticking timebomb that never manifested these deep emotions? Don't take this as any sort of ridicule, despite our differences and arguments I do respect you to a point. I know it may not seem that way when I try to push your buttons but I was impressed with some of your restraint. Pleasantly surprised.

Am I the only one that noticed this? Maybe I'm overthinking this one, but I still think theres a diff.

Then why is the context of the quote so hard for you to grasp? If everyone took words literally and looked for any and all meanings than for what they were intended, it would be an even more fucked up world than it already is.

I think you know what you said was dumb and you just don't have the cajones to admit you were wrong. Either that or you really are the dumbest cat on KFM. We know you are challenged, but I never thought you were in the bottom three. I reserve those spots for mouthy kids, you're the first person on that list that is past middle age. You should know better.

Your sig is quite ironic. You think you are being didactic, but really you just come across as an idiot. Time for a deep self inventory, son....!!!
    It is easy to read something on the internet and repost as you did , takes no brain for that. You are a sheep and follow a leader unable to think for your self you quote others thinking you know what they meant, But only it is what you read and regurgitate. KC

You mean SKT has issue with people seeing certain footage? Why ever would that be? Is he embarrassed? Afraid of having more of his fraud exposed? Or is he being the most hypocritical motherfucker on earth and just worried somebody else may take his forms and sell them under another banner?

The man lied to you and you still show loyalty. That's some fucked up shit right there.
    I would love to get a response on this one from any SD or ex SD that has footage but feels it inappropriate to show it without permission. It's not like SD is a closed door system.

I do Bak Mei and I am not supposed to hand out footage. Especially of sifu. But we aren't learning a hybrid or a strip mall style either. It was a closed door system that is slightly open for the gwai-los that show proper respect. Those of you who know about TCMA will understand that. But SD will teach anyone for money, so why hide things?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    It is easy to read something on the internet and repost as you did , takes no brain for that. You are a sheep and follow a leader unable to think for your self you quote others thinking you know what they meant, But only it is what you read and regurgitate. KC
    And clearly you don't have what it takes to understand these quotes.

You are right, it is easy to read a quote. I have a 300+ page PDF full of great quotes that I have collected. I read one I like, a copy and paste it to my quotes PDF. I'm not going to apologize for that. The fact that the quote went over your head speaks volumes. Just man up, son.

As far as me being able to think for myself, bitch please.

I have annihilated every dumb post you have made and you are too dumb to see it. How bout we ask the forum? Nutthuggers please refrain. Be honest and judge on intellect and not personal feelings.

Let's hear it? I have thick skin, rock on wit ya bad selves!!!

Just an observation. I don't know you personally, so I judge on your posts. Were you a thuggish kid or a knuckle dragger jock type? Or were you just a ticking timebomb that never manifested these deep emotions? Don't take this as any sort of ridicule, despite our differences and arguments I do respect you to a point. I know it may not seem that way when I try to push your buttons but I was impressed with some of your restraint. Pleasantly surprised.

Am I the only one that noticed this? Maybe I'm overthinking this one, but I still think theres a diff.
    I think you are generalizing behavior. I believe violence, horrifically implemented, solves a lot of problems. Especially with liars and thieves
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by brucereiter View Post

The linked YouTube channel has several examples of sin kwang the and bill leonard doing tai chi CHUAN and Bagua.

I think the instruction they are giving and the methods they are showing demonstrate a poor level of understanding of these arts.

Do any of the sd students here think that these examples of ima show a understanding of these martial arts? I think they have not mastered tai chi CHUAN or Bagua as they claim and they both have very little understanding of ima.
    Both links were to a small sample of GMT performing Chen TJQ so I'll comment on those. To be transparent I have only studied TJQ a few years and my study has come from SD exclusively. I have not learned directly from either EML or GMT.

Here are my observations:
    GMT displays the principle of "hands follow eyes follow hands". He begins movement at the waist and then the hands, arms, leg follows. He maintains good rooting and his center of gravity is vertical.
    My critiques:
    He shows slight "posturing" between movements meaning the transition is not as smooth as it could be. His stances are not very deep. The benefit/detriment of that is up for debate. He is somewhat inconsistent in weight distribution throughout the sample. I have been taught in TJQ to never quite be 50/50 in the horse.

My thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I think you are generalizing behavior. I believe violence, horrifically implemented, solves a lot of problems. Especially with liars and thieves
    No doubt. couldn't agree more about the violence part.
    Doesn't really answer my question tho. It's all good. If you don't wanna go there, I won't mention it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    Both links were to a small sample of GMT performing Chen TJQ so I'll comment on those.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/shaolin...l?feature=mhee

this youtube channel has 14 video clips of sin the and bill leonard teaching and demonstrating chen tai chi chuan, pakua, hsing i.
    you can see sin the teaching chen 83 to bill leonard and sin the teaching to another sd master and you see bill leonard teaching black belts hsing i and chen tai chi chuan

To be transparent I have only studied TJQ a few years and my study has come from SD exclusively. I have not learned directly from either EML or GMT.
    i think the performance of the grand master should be compared to other chen xinjia taijiquan and one should wonder the pros and cons of what is different and why.

Here are my observations:
    GMT displays the principle of "hands follow eyes follow hands". He begins movement at the waist and then the hands, arms, leg follows. He maintains good rooting and his center of gravity is vertical.
    i do not think that shows a thorough understanding of chen 83 xinjia tai chi chuan. being the grand master i think he should display a thorough understanding of the style.

My critiques:
    He shows slight "posturing" between movements meaning the transition is not as smooth as it could be. His stances are not very deep. The benefit/detriment of that is up for debate. He is somewhat inconsistent in weight distribution throughout the sample. I have been taught in TJQ to never quite be 50/50 in the horse.

My thoughts.
    the height of the stance i do not think matters.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter