View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1103 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 10360310031053109311011102110311041105111311531203 ... LastLast
Results 16,531 to 16,545 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

But the weight distribution does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by brucereiter View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/user/shaolin...l?feature=mhee

this youtube channel has 14 video clips of sin the and bill leonard teaching and demonstrating chen tai chi chuan, pakua, hsing i.
    you can see sin the teaching chen 83 to bill leonard and sin the teaching to another sd master and you see bill leonard teaching black belts hsing i and chen tai chi chuan
    I'll take a look.

i do not think that shows a thorough understanding of chen 83 xinjia tai chi chuan. being the grand master i think he should display a thorough understanding of the style.
    Fair enough. So please elaborate on your observations and critiques and let's compare to a master you believe shows a thorough understanding.

the height of the stance i do not think matters.
    There's a concept we can debate. I've often heard that, but honestly it has usually been from people that had horrible stances and lower body strength. Having said that, I've seen good tai chi from people with low rooted stances and wonderful tai chi from higher stances. To me, lower is better as long as you can maintain the tai chi principlas. Going low and straining is counter-productive. But if you can maintain balance, root, fluidity, and relaxation, then go lower in your forms practice. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    There's a concept we can debate. I've often heard that, but honestly it has usually been from people that had horrible stances and lower body strength. Having said that, I've seen good tai chi from people with low rooted stances and wonderful tai chi from higher stances. To me, lower is better as long as you can maintain the tai chi principlas. Going low and straining is counter-productive. But if you can maintain balance, root, fluidity, and relaxation, then go lower in your forms practice. Thoughts?
    I think those are great comments and agree 100% that the principles shoul be maintained. Personally, I thInk it makes sense to go as low as possible while still being able to have relaxed breathing and smooth transition. Also to keep in mind how pushing hands is played. Typically the lower the stance the firmer the root.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Stop by and I'll show you. Unlike you, nothing is stolen, though.
    It's obvious who you are and what you are about, everything you post speaks volumes about the issues you have. Why not take your sorry grunt @$$ down to the local va hospital and get yourself checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Remember with a guy Bruce's size the sinking in lower stances isn't going to matter or make much difference. His size and mass cover that.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    It's obvious who you are and what you are about, everything you post speaks volumes about the issues you have. Why not take your sorry grunt @$$ down to the local va hospital and get yourself checked out.
    That's really all you got?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Syn 7up

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I KNOW OR HOW SMART I AM OR HOW DUMB I AM YOU ARE A WEAK LITTLE MAN TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BIGGER BY CUTTING OTHERS DOWN , TYPICAL BULLY MENTALITY. i HAVE NOTHING TO DEFEND SO I WONT COMMENT ON YOUR STUPIDITY AND LACK OF MARTIAL SPIRIT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TYPE OF INTERACTION YOU CHOOSE TO SEEK. WE ALL HAVE OUR POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES, I PERSONALLY WOULD RATHER BE DUMB THAN BE LIKE YOU. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I PERSONALLY WOULD RATHER BE DUMB THAN BE LIKE YOU.
    Judging by your grasp of basic English and the use of all caps as a form of emphasis I think your prayer has been answered.

Where all those videos of Shaolin-Do badassery? Every day you don't point to one is another day I call you my b-.

Caps for emphasis / ass, if you could read you would see that i posted i would put some on this w/e. BTW that all you got you ***** Also this is a forum not a diction or english class. who cares if you focus on grammer or spelling. I dont. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    That's really all you got?
    its about all you deserve. I dont come here to criticize and troll people like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    I have a 300+ page PDF full of great quotes that I have collected.
    i only quote space marines

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Both The and Leonard look really, really shabby in those videos. It really seems that perhaps either The learned something from a real teacher a long, long time ago and got extremely rusty, or he learned it from a book or a video. Definitely not "grandmaster" material.

Leonard's Xingyi....well, the moves are there, but it looks like he never spent any time with a real xingyi teacher. He had no business teaching that stuff.

So I guess we are still waiting for the "good stuff," though I find it ironic that for a system that rips forms from other styles would be have qualms about posting material.

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    Both The and Leonard look really, really shabby in those videos. It really seems that perhaps either The learned something from a real teacher a long, long time ago and got extremely rusty, or he learned it from a book or a video. Definitely not "grandmaster" material.

Leonard's Xingyi....well, the moves are there, but it looks like he never spent any time with a real xingyi teacher. He had no business teaching that stuff.

So I guess we are still waiting for the "good stuff," though I find it ironic that for a system that rips forms from other styles would be have qualms about posting material.
    so whats your story huh? lets see what you have. those videos are what they are and obviosly very old. all martial arts done in karate gis will look like karate, morons.
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 11-08-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Judging by your grasp of basic English and the use of all caps as a form of emphasis I think your prayer has been answered.

Where all those videos of Shaolin-Do badassery? Every day you don't point to one is another day I call you my b-.
    no surprise that you would find something so small to pick on , what a fcuking trolll. other people have used caps and improper grammer and such , even you, and yet you say nothing to them? TROLL! another bleeding c-unt.