View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1105 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 10560510051055109511031104110511061107111511551205 ... LastLast
Results 16,561 to 16,575 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    here is a demo video by a grandmaster of the chen taijiquan system, chen xiaowang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkd2KvUoxuY
    Xiaowang always has good jing in his demos.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

This thread has almost as much views as:

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    this takes awesome to a whole new level
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    here is a demo video by a grandmaster of the chen taijiquan system, chen xiaowang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkd2KvUoxuY
    Here's a video of taiji 24 performed in the low stance. I think this lady really maintains a balanced and relaxed stance despite being low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBvF6...e_gdata_player

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    In the interest of full disclosure, I'm 40 and have a knee issue that will ultimately put me in the same position you're in now with your hip. My doctor told me already I should stop doing low squats, 1-leg-squats, etc. When I asked for how long, he said, "for ever." My response has been to cut way back on the "knee hazing" (long time in horse stance, tons of 1 leg squats, etc.) but to continue to try to hit good stances in forms and take a ****-ton of motrin.

All that being said, I think stance mechanics are more important than stance depth. So, if your stance and rooting are correct higher but you can go lower at the expense of one of the other things, you should stay higher. At some point, the ability to get low matters. One example that come to mind is our standing back sweeps (like in sparring tech 6) where you sort of need to be finishing in a bow stance (with the sweeping leg being the back leg of the bow stance) but many beginners finish bent over because they can't get low enough to det good velocity/distance with the sweeping leg. Bending over on that sweep makes you super-prone to getting pulled down by the swept party.

I'm sure I'm being clear as mud but, hopefully, you all know what I mean.
    Just a thought ON, but you should try picking up cycling. I used to have knee problems especially with the tendons and after cycling 3 times a week for at least 40 mins they disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    Here's a video of taiji 24 performed in the low stance. I think this lady really maintains a balanced and relaxed stance despite being low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBvF6...e_gdata_player

she has really good form. i think one aspect about low stances in a lot of forms that isnt talked about too much is grappling. throwing in particular. while a low stance can inhibit your mobility in terms of application during most striking, i think it is important during training of form to develop the ability to perform in very low postures, especially when you add grappling into the equation.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I KNOW OR HOW SMART I AM OR HOW DUMB I AM YOU ARE A WEAK LITTLE MAN TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BIGGER BY CUTTING OTHERS DOWN , TYPICAL BULLY MENTALITY. i HAVE NOTHING TO DEFEND SO I WONT COMMENT ON YOUR STUPIDITY AND LACK OF MARTIAL SPIRIT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TYPE OF INTERACTION YOU CHOOSE TO SEEK. WE ALL HAVE OUR POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES, I PERSONALLY WOULD RATHER BE DUMB THAN BE LIKE YOU. KC
    Too easy. lol. I love how I am all upfront about my motives and you still break.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    no surprise that you would find something so small to pick on , what a fcuking trolll. other people have used caps and improper grammer and such , even you, and yet you say nothing to them? TROLL! another bleeding c-unt.
    There is a difference. KC uses caps because he can't handle what's tossed his way. When HSW does it it's because he's seeing his culture being raped by retards. Clearly he has cause to be annoyed. It's not cause he can't handle the words thrown at him. KC, he's just weak in the head.

Who else leaves whole posts that just say f u man, f u... what an *******... etc etc...?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Would love to win it , then, I could afford to pay all these wannabees a visit and test their in person skills in their awesome MA.. KC
    You would travel in order to settle hard feelings from the net? Good way to get clipped. You should totally strive for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Don't you think that talking to KC or TTM over and over again and expecting that they'll come around, admit fault, and sing kumbaya with you might be approaching the message of the quote? Just askin.
    It's all good, you can ask.

Nah, I stated a long time ago that I wasn't expecting them to come around. I also made my reasons for being here quite clear. I can see how it would look that way if you only read a few posts here and there. Read em all if you're interested. Although, I wouldn't bother if I were you. Nothing special. Unless you wanna play too, that is...

Blog Entries

tattooed momma's boy

Are you gonna FUKKing post up your imperical evidence of my lineages 5 animal form being taught by anyone else in a legitimate school, or do you just admit defeat and like sin the, you too lied about having evidence to prove me wrong? One single person.

I've waited long enough for your nonsense. You are a fraud and fake just like jake mace. Not forgetting, you're a dense individual. In other words.......stfu you fraud.

"JUST YOU WATCH, I HAVE PROOF!" OK WHERE IS IT? "ITS NOT HERE YET"..........................

STFU YOU FRAUD.....TOO AFRAID TO POST UP A VIDEO OF YOURSELF CAUSE YOU MAY REVEAL YOURSELF AS POSSIBLY JAKE MACE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU DUMB PELICAN.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-08-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Syn 7 UP

You are such a silly little boy, BREAK ??? what the heck does that even mean. You arent man enough or smart enough to break a toothpick. All you guys do is talk on the internet and get tendinitis or carpal tunnel from typing or Jackin off. You are a bunch of jokes. Cant really fight so you type.
    Heres a quote for ya Syn 7 UP .
    Those who can do those who cant type. You Type alot a whole lot. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

No No, you have it all wrong. I don't get CTS because I jerkoff so much. Get it straight!!!
    It's good kung fu!!!

Really, you don't know what I mean when I say "break"? Wanna see how long it takes to happen again?

Blog Entries
    you are such a silly little boy, break ??? What the heck does that even mean. You arent man enough or smart enough to break a toothpick. All you guys do is talk on the internet and get tendinitis or carpal tunnel from typing or jackin off. You are a bunch of jokes. Cant really fight so you type.
    Heres a quote for ya syn 7 up .
    Those who can do those who cant type. You type alot a whole lot. Kc
    you can come to san francisco and get some. :d
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better