View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1134 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 13463410341084112411321133113411351136114411841234 ... LastLast
Results 16,996 to 17,010 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    This is Chow Fook. My Sifu had three teachers and this is one of them. It's not a very good recording but you can see the power. As far as hand sets go, this is very strong. I wish I could have seen him in his prime. As an old man he is still VERY "solid".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPriM8V0tNY
    Is this video choppy for anybody else? No pun intended

Blog Entries
    Is this video choppy for anybody else? No pun intended
    yeah it does look choppy. but thats ok, cause you still get an decent idea of the mans skills. maybe it was choppy cause the poster didn't want people to copy it then try to tteach it like whats found in Shaolin do.

ps.....its a GREAT idea to chop up traditional forms when posting them to the internet. this way low life wannabe martial artists can't steal it, throw in a few extra moves then give it an alternative history. I LOVE CHOPPING UP FORMS because of this very reason
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries

all i have to say is WOW.

How many people on here would be afraid of any of these guys?

To flame people attending a funeral is a low blow even for some of you all. Very classy.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    They wore their Gis to the funeral? WTF.
    When my teacher's dad passed away we didn't wear our gis. However, we did bow to his casket as we passed by. I found it very touching. His dad was buried with his blackbelt in the casket.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

MK HAS NO CLASS,he has no respect. No different than at a military funeral , the respect is demonstrated. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Mk

MAN JUST APPOLOGIZE TO JP AND MAN UP. You stepped in **** and smell of it so man up and go wash off. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Blog Entries
    What are people who take martial arts classes 3 times a week supposed to look like? Yakuza?
    yes!!!!!!! LOL

I didn't make the video. I dunno why it's the way it is. Either it was chopped to prevent people from taking it or it was just really poorly filmed in the first place. I have only seen like 3 vids of him. I just wanted to put out an example of the standard I was looking for. I wanna see an SD demo that shows intensity and power.

Is it just me or does everyone but the guy in the back row right look like they are foour feet tall?
    The guy with the hair and glasses next to the "tall" guy is ganster!

I get the Gi thing. It's weird to me, but I get it. If I went to my teachers funeral I think everyone would be in suits and ties.

Do you guys ever wear shoes with your Kimono?
    Last edited by Syn7; 11-20-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Yes I was talking about the bus ride, I threwup all the way down the mountain. Master Nance kwpt me from falling out the window.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

I'm sure he was a nice guy. I just think everyone looks short in that pic. How's that disrespectful? Which part of what I wrote do you find offensive? Or should we never talk about anything related to a funeral?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    I'm sure he was a nice guy. I just think everyone looks short in that pic. How's that disrespectful? Which part of what I wrote do you find offensive? Or should we never talk about anything related to a funeral?
    Go ahead and post a picture of the last funeral you attended of somebody close to you. We here on the internetz would be glad to comment on it.

Blog Entries
    @ Masterkiller, Syn7 and HSKwarrior
    The first comment by Masterkiller regarding the funeral photo could be overlooked as a knee jerk reaction to something unfamiliar but the continuing comments are insensitive and uncalled for.

I was proud to have also known this man.

I don't think your comments would have bothered him much but they offend the hell out of me.

If there is a man among you he will step up and remove these posts.
    don't include me in this cult worshipping. all i said was WOW......and asked if anyone of those guys in the pic would scare anyone else. why are you so senthitive?

BROTHER LOVE.....LOL................... i'm not removing a God Dang thang!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Go ahead and post a picture of the last funeral you attended of somebody close to you. We here on the internetz would be glad to comment on it.
    until now, i don't think i've seen anyone in my life ever show up to a funeral wearing karate gi's.