View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1137 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 13763710371087112711351136113711381139114711871237 ... LastLast
Results 17,041 to 17,055 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    if i clowned the dead guy himself, i'd apologize. but i'm clowning you LIVING GI WEARERS
    If? Still can't own up? If your sifu's wife asked you to be the ass end of a lion at his funeral, would you do it? If she asked you to play the Buddha would you do it? Of course. We trained in gis then. We all know that isn't correct, but we did it. And we wore our uniforms to be the pallbearer at his widow's request. For you to rip that, is disrectful. Don't take me pointing out that as crying. I expected as much when I posted it, I just was curious as to who would be respectful and who would be an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Blog Entries
    If? Still can't own up? If your sifu's wife asked you to be the ass end of a lion at his funeral, would you do it? If she asked you to play the Buddha would you do it? Of course. We trained in gis then. We all know that isn't correct, but we did it. And we wore our uniforms to be the pallbearer at his widow's request. For you to rip that, is disrectful. Don't take me pointing out that as crying. I expected as much when I posted it, I just was curious as to who would be respectful and who would be an ass.
    of course i wold you DUMB FUK. but I would never be in the position of being in a karate school wearing gi's and pretending to be kung fu.

if you schools didn't wear karate gi's i wouldn't be mad if you guys wore KUNG FU uniforms. but since your schools is primarily karate based, i wouldn't expect you to understand traditional kung fu.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

of course i wold you DUMB FUK. but I would never be in the position of being in a karate school wearing gi's and pretending to be kung fu.

if you schools didn't wear karate gi's i wouldn't be mad if you guys wore KUNG FU uniforms. but since your schools is primarily karate based, i wouldn't expect you to understand traditional kung fu.
    But the lineage is irrelevant in this context. At that time, 20 years agoI didn't care whether it was Karate of Kung Fu. We didn't discuss lineage. We just trained. So for you to use my teacher's funeral to make a point that has not only been made ad nausem but one I readily admit is just stupid. Really.

If you grew up in a rural town in Virginia without the internet and youtube and without the martial arts mecca that is the Bay area, then you would chose an art based on the quality of the teacher and not the lineage. You are holding the people in that photograph to a standard that exists 20 years later. If I lived and grew up where you did, then I probably wouldn't have picked that art, but we can't chose our parents and we can't change where we grew up can we?
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 11-20-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Blog Entries
    If I lived and grew up where you did, then I probably wouldn't have picked that art, but we can't chose our parents and we can't change where we grew up can we?
    uh, actually, we DO pick our parents and the lives we live regardless of good or bad. but thats deeper than you might be able to fathom

I never had the opportunity to meet Judge Pen's teacher either. But I have met Judge Pen, and if he says his teacher was a good man then he was a good man. I am surprised at his patience with you, hskwarrior. I wish I shared that ability. I do not. Personally, if I ever did meet you I would want to beat you within an inch of your life. I would have felt the same way had someone spoke the same way about your teacher's memorial. You have shown you lack any semblance of class and brought dishonor to yourself and to your teacher. I bet he would be very proud to know how his student chooses to carry himself.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    It was at the request of his widow.
    In that case, my apologies.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by themeecer View Post
    I never had the opportunity to meet Judge Pen's teacher either. But I have met Judge Pen, and if he says his teacher was a good man then he was a good man. I am surprised at his patience with you, hskwarrior. I wish I shared that ability. I do not. Personally, if I ever did meet you I would want to beat you within an inch of your life. I would have felt the same way had someone spoke the same way about your teacher's memorial. You have shown you lack any semblance of class and brought dishonor to yourself and to your teacher. I bet he would be very proud to know how his student chooses to carry himself.
    You make an excellet point: Had anyone punked Frank's teacher the same way, I would have been first in line to defend him too. I hope that I can make my teacher proud. I stayed in SD for a lot longer than I would have otherwise because of his memory and because I found more good teachers.

How many people on here would be afraid of any of these guys?
    LOL

are they srs
    sdfsdgf

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    In that case, my apologies.
    Accepted. No worries.

But the lineage is irrelevant in this context. At that time, 20 years agoI didn't care whether it was Karate of Kung Fu. We didn't discuss lineage. We just trained. So for you to use my teacher's funeral to make a point that has not only been made ad nausem but one I readily admit is just stupid. Really.

If you grew up in a rural town in Virginia without the internet and youtube and without the martial arts mecca that is the Bay area, then you would chose an art based on the quality of the teacher and not the lineage. You are holding the people in that photograph to a standard that exists 20 years later. If I lived and grew up where you did, then I probably wouldn't have picked that art, but we can't chose our parents and we can't change where we grew up can we?
    Really anytime before 2000 there was such little information available in the West, unless you lived in a metro area with a China Town district you wouldn't have anything to go on...lineage or history wise...that's the reality.

I don't see what's so hard about showing a little class....

Blog Entries
    if I ever did meet you I would want to beat you within an inch of your life. I would have felt the same way had someone spoke the same way about your teacher's memorial.
    now thats comedy. i bet if you came out here lookin for me, you'd have a very different story to tell. trust or don't trust. if you're that bad, im in SF man. i call your bluff.

uh, actually, we DO pick our parents and the lives we live regardless of good or bad. but thats deeper than you might be able to fathom
    Again Frank you underestimate my abilty. Your biological parents will always be your biological parents, but you can pick who you consider family. My first teacher was family. If you have respect for that, then you can understand my sentiments toward your reaction. I suspect that you would have reacted even stronger if the roles were reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Really anytime before 2000 there was such little information available in the West, unless you lived in a metro area with a China Town district you wouldn't have anything to go on...lineage or history wise...that's the reality.

I don't see what's so hard about showing a little class....
    It's a choice to show class. It's easier to just be reactionary. I've deleted many posts that were reactionary because I know better.

Blog Entries
    Again Frank you underestimate my abilty. Your biological parents will always be your biological parents,
    see. you have failed to comprehend what i was saying because you're not meant to understand it yet. one day maybe. maybe not.

but you can pick who you consider family.
    thats not what im saying.

If you have respect for that, then you can understand my sentiments toward your reaction.
    i do. i'm just not revealing that to you. but if indeed it was requested. my bad. but i still think its funny.

I suspect that you would have reacted even stronger if the roles were reversed.
    that is your supposition. since you don't really know me personally, you don't know how i'd react. one thing MY sifu always taught me was words are just words. and unless someone is trying to actually harm you physically, don't let words affect me mental state.

It's a choice to show class. It's easier to just be reactionary. I've deleted many posts that were reactionary because I know better.
    frank is angry because after all this , you guys still have love and affection for sin the; the lies about shaolin doesnt really matter to you, shaolin is such a fairy tale concept , so foreign and meaningless to you that the exposure of sin thes lies barely impacted you.

it doesnt effect you and your world. shaolin kung fu is meaningless to you.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC