View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 114 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 14641041121131141151161241642146141114 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

I never said who invited me to ICU and you are the one who wrote you had nothing to say to me,Fred. I attempted to be as vague as possible. The only time I mentioned your name was at the end of the post.
    You know I for one am not concerned I have fought guys like you in the 70's I won a few I lost a few no big deal. If I went to Pauls School and had a "friendly" match and won all you guys would say is it was due to my past experience or something.
    I also show respect to those who return the favor Fred. I have not insulted you on a personal level, or what you do, what ever it is, also if you reread the post about the ICU it says,
    "Sanford, You would not have to wonder if you challenged a 20 year veteran of SD when you recover and are out of ICU you would know unless you recieved irrreversible brain damage" . KC However I had a couple in mind at that time.And I should not speak for them.

You seem to be a very arrogant individual and perhaps missed the one main teaching of Martial Arts to be Humble. I am sure you will site something about our style of SD saying most comprehensive or something like that. But that doesnt matter and oh I have fought many kinds of fighters and did ok but did I use shotokan punch or was it boxing no wait it was Shuri Te no no I know it was?????????? See what I mean. KC
    Last edited by kwaichang; 05-16-2005 at 05:29 AM. Reason: missed quote

You guys REALLY need to get a hobbie.....fussing over the weekend instead of getting out and enjoying the sunshine....darn shame.

Let's see....where to begin?

Quote Originally Posted by MS2
    Otherwise, you would not be a 'true-believer' of the Mullet Fist.
    Okay, I need to go find some adults to chat with. You kids argue amongst yourselves...
    Calling SD "Mullet Fist"? Yes, you DO need to find some adults to chat with. Perhaps the playground mentality might wear off.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus
    As MS2 pointed out, I'm a student of the Tang Shou Tao's Shen Lung Hsing-I.
    And this means something? I checked out some the the clips on their website (I think) and while decent, I saw nothing extraordinary. The Pi' chaun looked over extended and the applications were very basic. But since MS2 pointed it out, I guess it means something.

you obviously don't have a clue what MS2 trains either.
    I have asked a few times but all I get is "key board kung fu". Heck, I even asked to see the legend in action so that I may gain insight into his KFO rep but to no avail.

SD people generally don't want to know the truth
    Truth is biased by perception, fact is not.

I'm puzzled at how you define a succesful school...
    40 years of teaching in the US.
    2 TV shows, two books, countless articles written about SD.
    THOUSANDS of well trained, satisfied students.
    Schools all over the US.
    Students that have stayed with and trained in SD for longer that most of you have been alive.
    A continued supply of material to which one can disect and pull new techniques.

Shall I go on......

Try your SD on beginning students there. See how you do in friendly competiton. Then tell me you have any legs to stand on with your arguments.
    Sending KC to someone else to test his skills MS2? See 1st quote and.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford
    Serious lack of integrity.

the only person going to ICU would be you, and I would love to have the opportunity to send ya.
    See 1st quote again.....

Well, this was fun. Took me through my first cup of coffee but now it's time to work. Please post some more though, I'll be taking a break around noon-ish and would love the comic relief.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

video tape of Willem De Thours or Steve Gartin so you can see what his kuntao is all about,
    may be someone should upload a clip or two to see the similarties or differences of SD and kuntao.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Jhapa
    may be someone should upload a clip or two to see the similarties or differences of SD and kuntao.

Excelent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger
    Excelent idea.
    It would be if both parties upload who is considered their "best representative exponent" to be. No excuses, no dispariging from within the groups... put up who's the best.

Uncle Bill & Sin The? Wouldn't they be considered the best exponents??

Gartin & Leonard? 2 #1 students??

Or hell... MS2 & KC....

Or ... Fred & KC ...

Let everybody see who's ****zing the in the wind!!!
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart
    It would be if both parties upload who is considered their "best representative exponent" to be. No excuses, no dispariging from within the groups... put up who's the best.

Uncle Bill & Sin The? Wouldn't they be considered the best exponents??

Gartin & Leonard? 2 #1 students??

Or hell... MS2 & KC....

Or ... Fred & KC ...

Let everybody see who's ****zing the in the wind!!!

I doudt they would be interested in posting such vids since with the exception of a few (myself included)that post here, they could care less what a bunch of keyboard comandos think. That and the fact that no matter who we posted, SD or not, it would be looked at with a bias and ripped apart...simple as that.

I simply was interested is seeing what KunTao looks like that everyone refers too.

Sean, if I am not mistaken, you were in SD so why do you need to see what SD looks like? Since you have done it, one would think that you wouldn't need to see more.

Also, I just have to ask. When you went to China with the group or even in chance meetings, did you call him "Uncle Bill" when you talked to him?

Just curious......

Unless he is Master Leonards nephew he didnt,due to the fact that he is alive to cont to Post KC

You dunderheads, "Uncle Bill" is Willem De Thours.

I thought Uncle Bill was Mr Frenchs boss HAHA I thought since he went to China with the SD people it was Elder Master Bill Leonard KC

Can Somebody tell me how I can unsubscribe to this STUPID thread!! The replies keep showing up in my e-mail inbox and I can't seem to do it in my userCP. Please make it stop!!
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

Sean, if I am not mistaken, you were in SD so why do you need to see what SD looks like? Since you have done it, one would think that you wouldn't need to see more.
    Yep I was... several years, couple of black belt ranks & I chose to leave in order to do something that fit me better as a person & a MAist. My previous teacher & I are on great terms, I train regularly with one of my former classmates & we get along smashingly.

I would like to see more just for simple personal edification. I've seen a smattering of folks from Ky & Tx on the China trip mentioned below & I gotta tell ya... I was underwhelmed. So with that in mind I was wanting to see what the SD heirarchy considered "good" nowadays.

Then have a Kuntao exponent also on video running to compare the two since there was mention of doing a comparison.

That's all.

Also, I just have to ask. When you went to China with the group or even in chance meetings, did you call him "Uncle Bill" when you talked to him?

Just curious......

No actually I avoided him as best I could. There reached a point on the trip when the Ky/Tx vs Ga tensions became a little much for my taste so I didn't hang around people I didn't sweat with on a daily basis, just to avoid possible friction.

I met several people on the trip that I truly enjoyed hanging with & would again in a minute... however that number was significantly smaller than those I wouldn't care to ever again.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang
    Unless he is Master Leonards nephew he didnt,due to the fact that he is alive to cont to Post KC
    No but I trained his nephew & his wife for a while ...

I'm alive & breathing just fine, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    You dunderheads, "Uncle Bill" is Willem De Thours.
    Glad someone else caught that.
    Also it should be added about the names being tossed around that are not even posting on here.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

And the last time I heard people talking like this was in Jr. High, oh, it is called Middle School now
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

sean i hope that i would be one of those that you would still enjoy training or chatting with?
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..