View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1147 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 14764710471097113711451146114711481149115711971247 ... LastLast
Results 17,191 to 17,205 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Man your Rambling is awesome how many books did you have to read to convince yourself that you know what the Hell your talking about? You use big words but they are empty and would better to be used where people care how smart you are or think you are. When your nose is smashed and bleeding how many big words can you use to describe it? Doesnt really matter in the "REAL" world does it. KC
    I used to have these discussions all the time in college. Intellectual masturbation. There's value in understanding how "great thinkers" viewed and explained human nature and society, but in the end the only human nature that matters is your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    ...but in the end the only human nature that matters is your own.
    Well, yours and the human nature of others that can impact your life.
    Last edited by Empty_Cup; 11-21-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    Well, yours and the human nature of others that can impact your life.
    As much as I would like to, I cannot control the actions of others. I can only control my actions.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Human Nature no longer exists the Nature of man is ego based and has been manipulated by the world view of beauty and right and wrong. So i think that to discuss the Nature of man is self intellectal Masturbation as JP says. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

As much as I would like to, I cannot control the actions of others. I can only control my actions.
    Oh I see. If that was your point then I agree.

Human Nature no longer exists the Nature of man is ego based and has been manipulated by the world view of beauty and right and wrong. So i think that to discuss the Nature of man is self intellectal Masturbation as JP says. KC
    Sounds like it really depends on how you define "human nature." As long as there is humankind, there will be human nature...

I'm taking a break from this forum for a few days. I hope all have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the time they have with their family and friends. Peace to all.

Ben Mullins

Have a great Thanksgiving, Ben.

Frank Ulery

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Hmmm. The ***** doth protest too much, methinks.

If you want evidence, you have to meet me, I wager. And if I toss you around and armbar or triangle you, you'd just say---Wookie, you don't represent SD. You have other training. Or if I post a good video--same result. Short of a personal meeting, you don't really care. It's just he said she said. This thread is mostly about knocking what we know is not true out of the SD canon. The best thing we can do is chip away at the block.
    I like how once you realized that you couldn't intimidate with the unattribibuted regurgitation of nonsense dialectics you immediately pivoted to "I'm gonna choke you out with my man taint, b1tch" bluster.

Your false bravado is as empty and hollow as your philosophical understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Your defensive projection of overconfidence is almost as adorably quaint as the worldview that begins from the naive premise that all men are rational and act in their own best interest.
    Lol. All men are rational, and they act in what they believe is in their best interests. But nobody has perfect foresight.

Btw.... I don't think knowledge from experience is irrelevant. I'm saying that if your experience contains logical fallacies, then you should check your argument. Not a dialectician myself.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    I like how once you realized that you couldn't intimidate with the unattribibuted regurgitation of nonsense dialectics you immediately pivoted to "I'm gonna choke you out with my man taint, b1tch" bluster.

Your false bravado is as empty and hollow as your philosophical understanding.
    Lol.... I don't suppose that the preaence of the conditional"if" might change your reading , right? Troll elsewhere.....or stay here dude. Nobody cares much. It wasn't a challenge. It was a hypothetical.

Human nature is alive and well. We adapt our baser instincts to fit into modern society, but they are certainly there and employed daily.

Man your Rambling is awesome how many books did you have to read to convince yourself that you know what the Hell your talking about? You use big words but they are empty and would better to be used where people care how smart you are or think you are. When your nose is smashed and bleeding how many big words can you use to describe it? Doesnt really matter in the "REAL" world does it. KC
    To Wooks credit, at least he understood what wenshu was saying, even if he did get the sad end of that encounter. But you KC didn't understand any of it and simply saw "big words and rambling intellectual bullshit". This is because you have the mind of a child. You don't do yourself any service by interjecting yourself into a conversation you aren't fundamentally able to understand. This is one of those examples where you need to just sit back and watch the big boys spar, champ!

kisses
    Last edited by Syn7; 11-21-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Sure you can. I'm sure you do it every day. We are doing it here, in this thread. We are all manipulative to some extent, some just more than others.

Syn 7

You know we all have our strengths and weaknesses, and the ability to use words in a confusing and intellectualized format does not mean some one is intellegent. I have been tested many times in life and in otherways and have always scored very high. In college I had a GPA of 3.975 out of a 4.0 I scored at the top of my class in the state boards. So I am not stupid nor am I dumb or Ignorant. I just choose to not care about throwing Pearls before the Swine. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !