View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1149 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 14964910491099113911471148114911501151115911991249 ... LastLast
Results 17,221 to 17,235 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Really, you would have actually crossed country, crossed international borders for a challenge match?

And you say you aren't insecure. LOL. Bitch please.

I see pride in you. Pride is ignorance. You need a lil confidence. Real confidence, not the bullshit you tell yourself to avoid coming to grip with your insecurities.
    Last edited by Syn7; 11-22-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Syn7

When I was young I fought many challenge matches , tough man contests and Boxed and Kick Boxed was a Bouncer was a Body Guard, and Trained like there was no tomorrow, I did the hard training for 40 years. I fought the Heavy Weight Champ of PKA kick boxing and I trained the 101st Airborne MP's and other soldiers as well as Police personnel. I am proud of all those things and do have alot of time invested in my history of MA. If that is Pride then I am. However in My case my Pride is not ego but Superior Impecable Confidence. I enjoy your bating text but am now going to spend time with my family as I am weary of your banter and your silly chess match I am a very good chess player and can see your move even before you present it. so Have a Good holiday. Peace to you I hope you will some day find it. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Question:

For those of you who are 2nd degree or higher, how do you maximize your training?

I figure most guys tend to specialize, right? I'm looking for some training tips. I do cardio 3 days per week (not just forms, since forms shouldn't be done as cardio) and heavy lifting (back, chest, arms) at least 3 days per week. Every other day, I'm doing at least 10 minutes of stance work (2X horse stance at a minute/minute-and-a-half, 2X cat stance, 2X reverse bow, 2X bow stance, and then San He Quan or Yueh Feh [at about 2 minutes]). I try to make the exercizes as tailored to the styles that I'm working on as I possibly can, since each has a different kind of power generation.

After a short warmup, I'll do stances. That gets my legs warmed up/stretched out. I then work on crane or tiger, breaking up the forms into drills (some done static from a horse/cat [black tiger] or low stances [crane], some moving). I like to use a short stick as a training tool for tiger, since it helps you coordinate your hands and move them in unison. I'll mix in the stuff that I'm working on during a particular week. 1 week I'll do black tiger, 1 week crane, 1 week mantis/leopard---and cycle in some other styles we practice. I'll run through the forms slowly, then try to maximize technique as I speed up.

How do you guys maximize your specializaiton while also keeping up the other stuff that you have to learn on the side?
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 11-23-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Sw

I applied a number system to the forms 1-6 one being the physically less demanding and 6 being like Li Ti Kuai or the Huas etc. So as to not over train the joints, which is easy to do , I mix them up and train daily on 10 -15 forms, those I want to work on I perform 2-3 x per week. I will do say 3 of the # 6, 5 of the #3, and 2 of th# 4 , for example , I cross train with Low impact Arobic, 3-4 days a week such as eliptical or Bike. I break up the weigh training into push pull or legs but do abs 5x per week or at times 2x per day. stretch daily and am trying to lose more weight. still overcoming an injury. Application I work on when ever I have some one. Have had to hire sparring partners in the past that works good too. The # system is based on individuals fitness and physical levels, one cant really train with an injury. Most injuries come from over training in athletics. KC

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    I agreed with Wenshu but urged the logical priority of the theory (apriorism) over history (sense evidence). He confirmed my premises in every sentence. His refutation amounted to a huffing and puffing
    Keep telling yourself whatever stories you need to help yourself sleep at night, sister. I find that the best way to deal with insecurity is to dissociate by creating a troll avatar and posting some thinly veiled allegories about how I didn't really just get trounced in a third rate philosophical confrontation.

I sleep in my gi. I just can't get enough of it. I'd marry it if I could. On a deeper psychological level, in some twisted way, I wish I was my gi.
    I quote Die Welt als Wille und Vorstellung out of context while considering the vastness of my own intellect in my NASCAR patchwork Gi and fannypack, secure in the knowledge that the obscurity of my source material protects me from anyone realizing that I don't really know how to think.

how do you maximize your training?
    P90X; teh muskle confusioning,

keeps me built like a 170 lb twink

Muscle confusion , a big joke in my opinion, it will initially help but the body cant tolerate that level w/o cycling the training. More prone to injury than otherwise, due to depletion principle. In the long run P90 X will get you built more like a 170 # twinkie , and those are discontinued as we all know. KC

You don't understand what you show of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    you went searching for MY photo to prove you point. wtf do you have to prove a point to me for when i know you can't tell anything from a picture. but i can state my opinion.

and if you keep trying to act like people in shaolin do can fight.....WHERE THE FUK IS THE FOOTAGE? YA'LL GOT FOOTAGE OF EVERYTHING BUT FIGHTING. so we're supposed to belive people from a lineage of proven lies????? yeah sureeeee! LOL

you are that sissy that you can't take a little ribbing about what you chose to wear?????? are you fukking serious? my baby sister doesn't get this ass hurt over words. LOLOLOL.

this is where you and i are different. i as you say "besmerched" a FUKKING LYING THIEF. how can i say anytyhing about your sifu when i don't fukkin know who your sifu is. all i know is you come from that **** called shaolin do. the fukkin that stole our form. so unitl your leader of your lineages sends my sifu a direct apology for this thievery, don't EVER expect me to show respect. i will GIVE if i feel there's a need for it.

if i wore a fukkin clown outfit to a wedding i'd expect to be clowned too.

stop the pussiness and grow thicker skin.
    There is such a thing as mental and emotional toughness, and also human decency. They are not mutually exclusive. JP has shown more than once he has both. You HSK are showing at least in this instance you have neither.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Blog Entries
    There is such a thing as mental and emotional toughness, and also human decency. They are not mutually exclusive. JP has shown more than once he has both. You HSK are showing at least in this instance you have neither.
    Der de derrrrrrrr OTAY USA
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Not this again . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    But the lineage is irrelevant in this context. At that time, 20 years agoI didn't care whether it was Karate of Kung Fu. We didn't discuss lineage. We just trained. So for you to use my teacher's funeral to make a point that has not only been made ad nausem but one I readily admit is just stupid. Really.

If you grew up in a rural town in Virginia without the internet and youtube and without the martial arts mecca that is the Bay area, then you would chose an art based on the quality of the teacher and not the lineage. You are holding the people in that photograph to a standard that exists 20 years later. If I lived and grew up where you did, then I probably wouldn't have picked that art, but we can't chose our parents and we can't change where we grew up can we?
    I got in a discussion recently with a good friend of mine, who's children went to a school that advertised jujitsu and judo, but really taught only judo. I explained how some schools do that, and some schools get ripped for it and also for their supposed lineage. In layman's terms, he asked, "Does anyone who looks for a school really care about that? I'd think they'd care more about location and quality of the training?" I then had to explain that yes there are many who care more about the stories told and the alleged lineage than the quality of the material and training. He was very surprised and thought that was very silly. It sometimes is.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

I can't believe the point is still soaring over heads.

Of course quality of instruction and an effective style are paramount. NOBODY will disagree with that. NOBODY!!!

That being said, it doesn't change the fact that A- They are stealing from other styles and creating false lineage to justify this and to dupe people who watched kung fu on TV but really knew nothing about CMA or the culture. And B- a continuation of A, they are lying to their students. Whether it's directly or thru a proxy is completely irrelevant. The facts remain the same. THEY ARE LYING TO YOU!!!

By lying they subject you to ridicule and people will always question the style as a whole. Hey, if that's what you want. If being disrespected and treated like chumps is cool with you, rock on wit ya bad selves. Just expect to hear the same shit over and over. You practically ask for it because you know this is all true and yet you still defend SD as a whole (most of you, anyways). Yeah I get it, you love your Sifu, but he/she was a victim of Sin The as well. But they stopped being victims the moment they found out the truth and just shoved it aside and continued on biz as usual. Same goes for all of you. None of you are victims anymore. You've been told, and now you let your ego get in the way of basic common sense. You are now a conspirator and a party to the lie.

I get it, some of you guys have spent many years and from their own perspective it's a good style and they don't want to lose all those years just because people were too ignorant to see thru the bullshit. I get it. But there is NOTHING unique in SD and none of the success, from what I can see, is directly because of SD. More likely because of the appropriation of tried and true techniques from other styles. That would be cool, but those original styles were not learned properly and in many cases are wrong. So yeah, I'm sure lots of it works just fine, but their are better options out there. MUCH BETTER! Why not just cut your losses, take what you know and go find a Sifu that doesn't lie to you directly or thru mini disciple proxies?

Blog Entries
    Yeah I get it, you love your Sifu, but he/she was a victim of Sin The as well.
    they're not SIFU. they're SENSEI

Attachment leads to jealousy, one must train themselves to let go of that of which we fear to lose. Much like " control'" and power. All that you have was given to you from far beyond, knowledge, strength everything, non of it is all yours. Kc

Blog Entries
    attachment leads to jealousy, one must train themselves to let go of that of which we fear to lose. Much like " control'" and power. All that you have was given to you from far beyond, knowledge, strength everything, non of it is all yours. Kc
    i hope you're smokin it n not injecting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Yeah I get it, you love your Sifu, but he/she was a victim of Sin The as well. But they stopped being victims the moment they found out the truth and just shoved it aside and continued on biz as usual. Same goes for all of you. None of you are victims anymore. You've been told, and now you let your ego get in the way of basic common sense. You are now a conspirator and a party to the lie.
    I agre with this. A friend of mine who teaches split from the system when the deposition was released. He stopped teaching things that Sin The said he fabricated. He is being up front with his students about what he knows and how he knows it. I haven't spoken to him for a while to see how these changes have affected his class, but he was doing well enough last time we spoke.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    All that you have was given to you from far beyond, knowledge, strength everything, non of it is all yours. Kc
    That's a creationist view and not representative of many peoples feelings and ideas about what is and why it is as it is.

Me, I'm a theological noncognitivist. Or maybe an ignostic (not to be confused with agnostic, although I have identified with that). My position is simple. I'm not even willing to debate the existence of anything that has not been defined. To me that's just ridiculous. I suppose that's where blind faith comes in, but it's just not for me.