View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1152 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 15265210521102114211501151115211531154116212021252 ... LastLast
Results 17,266 to 17,280 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    The more I am educated the more I believe in God because quantim mechanics or physics is a word made up by man or Physicists to try to explain something they cant explain, such as dark matter etc. This is nothing more than the lack of a persons willingness to admit they dont know what they are talking about. Ii dont care what people believe because all will believe what they want. So the question is name someone humbled by God , the answer is everyone when you die. KC
    Wow, you don't know shit about physics. That much is clear. Maybe you should learn the basics before you make yourself look any dumber by talking about things you clearly don't understand. You have tidbits without foundation. How well would that work in MA's? Watching rocky movies and shadow boxing in your bedroom will not make you a champion.

Stop confusing applied sciences with the theoretical. One is science, the other is philosophy. Learn the difference.

So the question is name someone humbled by God , the answer is everyone when you die. KC

Seriously, name one. For real. None of this evasive bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    so if jesus is jewish, and all the christians worship jesus, why arent they all jewish?
    im jewish.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Syn 7

Here is your answer Mother Teresa
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Mother Teresa could have been doing all her good work because it made her happy....i.e. in total self-interest. Or she could have been doing it from a total altruistic perspective. The problem with arguing religion is that it is unprovable and 100% subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I do not argue Religon it is of Man wisdom of God is not religon it is understanding. Man takes pride in knowledge and is puffed up, Gods wisdom out shines all Mans so called wisdom.
    Mother Teresa if she wanted to feed her own Ego would have found another way instead of feeding the hungry and clothing the Naked. We would have never known of her if Man had not brought attention to her. To name someone that is a person of God that does not do so for ego reasons is easy but who among you would have heard of Bob Hunt. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Here is your answer Mother Teresa
    Stop being evasive, or just admit you can't answer the question. At what point did God humble her and what where the circumstances surrounding the event and how does it fit into her timeline? Be specific or admit you have no examples to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Mother Teresa could have been doing all her good work because it made her happy....i.e. in total self-interest. Or she could have been doing it from a total altruistic perspective. The problem with arguing religion is that it is unprovable and 100% subjective.
    No such thing as a purely selfless act. PERIOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    You may be right, but unless you are in the mind of those purporting to do these "selfless" acts, you can't know for certain. Just because you can't conceive it in your own mind doesn't make it so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I do not argue Religon it is of Man wisdom of God is not religon it is understanding. Man takes pride in knowledge and is puffed up, Gods wisdom out shines all Mans so called wisdom.
    Mother Teresa if she wanted to feed her own Ego would have found another way instead of feeding the hungry and clothing the Naked. We would have never known of her if Man had not brought attention to her. To name someone that is a person of God that does not do so for ego reasons is easy but who among you would have heard of Bob Hunt. KC
    Which Bob Hunt? Jamestown Bobby? The Chaplain?

No one, ever in history has done anything purely selflessly?? Come now...

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    You may be right, but unless you are in the mind of those purporting to do these "selfless" acts, you can't know for certain. Just because you can't conceive it in your own mind doesn't make it so.
    Give me a hypothetical and I will show you why I am right. Keep in mind the key word here is "purely".

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    No one, ever in history has done anything purely selflessly?? Come now...
    Throw down, son. Let's have some examples. We can spar! It'll be fun.

Throw down, son. Let's have some examples. We can spar! It'll be fun.
    Whatever example I would give, you'll probably counter by saying they did that to make themselves feel good, or to appease their own view of right and wrong, or morality...

But how can you know for sure someone's motives? How can you be sure that nobody ever did something selflessly with no subliminal, ulterior motive? It's just a ridiculous, unprovable statement.

I will not argue that people do acts of kindness for unselfish reasons. But I will argue that nobody does an act of kindness for purely selfless reasons. Everything we do has some selfish motivation.

Give me an example where somebody would do anything without any personal motivation. Hypotheticals are fine. Give it a shot, but I think you know where I'm going with this.

And if you wanna get real deep, we don't know ANYTHING for sure. You can't even prove you exist. But come on, let's not even go there, for the sake of maintaining some structure to our thinking.

There are many things I can tell you with relative certainty, and this is one of those things. I can't prove anything really, but I can make an educated guess based on thousands of years of observations.
    Last edited by Syn7; 11-26-2012 at 08:55 PM.