View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 120 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 20701101181191201211221301702206201120 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

im getting excited.

you better be good.

A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

After another hiatus

Yet deployments and life have caused me to leave the boards for some time and I find that NOTHING has changed.

SD arguments will go on after all who started this mess have turned to dust and noone even remembers why we started this argument in the first place.
    Badges?
    We don't need no stinking badges!

That's so going on my MP3 Player!

Quote Originally Posted by Starchaser107
    hey guys check out these new songs I've done if you get the chance.

I make music under the name MIZRI

links to the songs are here .

(1) FU JOW

(2) AZN GRLZ

you can also check out AZN GRLZ at this site

Godbless,
    Mizri
    Sc107
    AZN GRLZ is totally going straight onto my MP3 player! That was definately worth the 1 minute dl man.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    AZN GRLZ is totally going straight onto my MP3 player! That was definately worth the 1 minute dl man.

Ok, how do I get a copy. I have no credit card and I guess it's not a free dl, just a stream.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    Ok, how do I get a copy. I have no credit card and I guess it's not a free dl, just a stream.
    It's a free download, also streaming.

I'm just trying to get it out there.

Peace.

and thanks to everyone that checked it out.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    im getting excited.

you better be good.

Don't get too excited. I haven't even bought a video camera yet so it will be a while before they get shot, converted and posted. I'm an attorney, so everything is delayed in my world.

Starchaser, you're just gained 1000000+ street credits. The theme sone for yellow fever men everywhere.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 09-17-2005 at 05:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    im getting excited.

you better be good.

Did anyone else think that JP was being pimped?
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    Starchaser, you're just gained 1000000+ street credits. The theme sone for yellow fever men everywhere.
    Hell yeah man! Take a peek at my blog thread. I was listening to that song a lot on the busride home. Link to my blog thread.
    Last edited by SimonM; 09-18-2005 at 09:51 AM.
    Simon McNeil

again respect due to everyone for checking it out.
    Godbless.

ST107 -

Both were hot.

In particular, I liked Fu Jow.

Though "Sometimes" is still on my MP3 player, and I'm wary of adding new stuff, both made the cut.

Absolutely excellent.

*waits for CD release*
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Actually, yeah, Fu Jow was pretty good too but Azn Grlz was just so fitting to my weekend. As I got in no fights Fu Jow was not so.

Tell you what; next time I need to break a blokes arm I'll stick that one on the MP3 player afterward.

Just kidding; both songs will find their way onto my MP3 player at various times but considering that my player is 128 megs and I have a couple gigs of music I change up what I am playing all the time.
    Simon McNeil

Post Yang Tai Chi as taught by Shaolin Do

Just a quick FYI on Shaoln Do and their Tai Chi, specifically the "Yang Style Tai Chi 64 Move Long Form" that is taught in their level 1 internal program.

(BTW - I searched the forum and did not find this specific info...I apologize if it is repetitive...)

The form they teach as the "Yang Style Tai Chi 64 Move Long Form" appears to be a variation of the Yang Short Form developed by Chen Man Ching, which he called the 37 step form. The sequence of steps is identical, the difference being in how some of the movements are performed (ex: ward off / roll back, cloud hands, etc.). There is also a difference in stance / leg position.

Master Ching shortened the form to make it easier to teach and perform. There is an abundance of material on master Ching on the ionternet for those that are interested. Master Ching taught throughout southeast asia....

The form I learned is the Chen Man Ching variation, not the Tai Chi 24.

The only video performance I personally have of the 37 form is a video called "Tai Chi for Health - Yang Short Form" by Terence Dunn. The sequence of movements is exactly as I learned, although the movements themselves differ somewhat.

DM

Just a brief thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen

Too bad that photo is of George Clooney from "O' Brother Where Art Thou?" I wonder if he cameoed in NBK's?

But thanks for playing.
    I would be remiss if I didn't take this oppurtunity to thank Grandmaster Sin The for the ride of a lifetime. And, to a certain Erie PA Grandmaster whom without having had him put my life through the purifying fires of all Buddhist and Taoist and Western hells all rolled into one, the journey, yet unended, would never have been possible. And, with great respect for Judge Penn, I wish to state that I was far from playing, too much blood, sweat, bruises, and tears for that. And the lesson is only beginning. The greatest gift sensei Brian gave me was that he taught me how to learn. Anything. As in give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach him how to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime. A bit scary being on your own, but I'm a big boy now.

Are you the same Humbleman that keeps getting schooled for trolling mma.tv?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

ON and ON

Well I have not posted in quite a while so you guys are still at it I see. Well I guess the Late Bruce Lee said it best " Time well wasted is time not wasted at all" BTW where is this clip of Tiger Crane. I trained with an instructor of TC and White Crane in the late 70's and early 80's I would like to see it Thanks KC