View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1202 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 20270211021152119212001201120212031204121212521302 ... LastLast
Results 18,016 to 18,030 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

sooo

you are saying that you are the only group that still practices this inside and outside the temple proper?? how is that Shaolin lost such a remarkable form???

Btw...

I find jakes version to be an abomination. its not the way that SKT taught it, not by a long shot. I have relaerned it from three people, all three taught it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Actually, its a Shaolin form that was absorbed in to the teachings of CLF. Its not CLF, but your version of it is.

The form is actually a Southern Shaolin form, the dialect was changed from the less common Cantonese to more common Mandarin.

Interesting to note ... http://www.whitelionsofshaolin.com/Lineage-YuenHai.htm

Have a great week everyone!
    HSK gave the history of it way back in the beginning of the argument. Not a new revelation. His point wasn't the origin, rather who but HSCLF uses it now? Legitimately, that is.

Still having trouble with HTML5?

8 Days!

Then you can go learn PythonC and do some real work!!! After that you can explain to KC the difference between something like C language and machine code, coz he clearly doesn't get it.

DFW's book

what parts of the history, external/ internal methods etc is right or wrong in the book and others websites??? in your opinion??

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    I don't get it. with so much evidence to prove SD is imitation gung fu, why do they keep acting like its the real deal? TM doesn't seem to get it either.
    I've been watching this thread for sometime but haven't joined in out of sheer SD related exhaustion but decided to post just to let Snipsky know that not everybody is downing the Shaolin Kool-Aid...so to speak.

I've been in SD for 15 years and just began last year after a 2 year hiatus. However, before ,and at some points during, my time in SD I earned 2nd dan rankings in Okinawan Kempo and Kodokan Judo. While this rank in these arts puts me at barely past a rank amateur it does give me a little different viewpoint from your typical SD student.

I originally started SD because I wanted to learn something about chinese martial arts. However because a lot of what I was seeing did not really line up with what I was familiar with in the chinese arts and some of the wilder SD stories I came to a rather early determination that all was not as the long-winded horse kicking, internal master defeating, shaolin temple burning stories would have you believe. That being said I didn't quit. Why not?

For one thing there are no good CMA schools where I am. There is a Wing Chun school and some strange Wushu school that appears to be teaching something entirely unrecognizable (No they're not SD) and the Wing Chun school is pretty horrible. Also the instructor here is a genuine guy and pretty skilled in his own way. So I guess I've kept it up for the conditioning (Which is stellar if you commit) and for someone to fight. I did get a little fed up with the Soards a while back and went back on the competitive Judo circuit but I m getting to the age where it takes a solid week to recover from a good Judo match. I will admit though that the list of SD black belts worth fighting around here is real short but I have a good many friends in that list who I would miss so I guess there's a social aspect to my continual involvement as well.

I don't proliferate SD's stories and unlike a lot of them I am really big, when I teach, in teaching application and proficiency in defense although I will admit there's an awful a lot of my other technique that bleeds into that instruction. I don't know if it's any better because I know what's in the punch rather than just blindly drinking it but though it might be worth it to hear from someone who isn't entirely on the bandwagon.

That being said I'll continue to watch the thread and I'll be happy to add anything constructive.

Awesome

well said! Keep training and working hard!

welcome

Sounds like you and I are in similar boats. Welcome to the circus!
    Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy. Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious nor can any be replaced.

hello!

if you want to be included in another forum send me an email address

uuuh....whatever, you said it is exclusive to CLF but is Southern Shaolin form...but then again CLF is originally a Southern Shaolin Style as well, right?
    sorry, but frankie boy never said it was CLF. he has always said it was his lineages form. You are putting words in his mouth.

Blog Entries
    uuuh....whatever, you said it is exclusive to CLF but is Southern Shaolin form...but then again CLF is originally a Southern Shaolin Style as well, right?

I am attempting to have a conversation with you one last time about this, are you going to be twat about this again too?

Once again blanket statments and assumptions, cant you get it through your thick skull that i am not trying to discredit you or your linegae ... I am researching TCMA and the origins of the form, thats it.
    first, there's only one twat here....twatted monk.

secondly, i will make this statement once and for all. THE SHAOLIN 5 ANIMAL FORM FOUND AS DONE BY JAKE THE FAKE IS THE VERY ONE FOUND IN MY LINEAGE MINUS THE OBVIOUS REARRANGING OF SOME MOVES. NEITHER YOU, NOR THAT HAIRY MONKEY COULD EVER PRODUCE ANOTHER LINEAGE WHO AUTHENTICALLY TEACHES THE EXACT SAME FORM OUTSIDE OF SHAOLIN AS WELL AS CHINA, INDIA, AFRICA,MONGOLIA, OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. INCLUDING, MARS, VENUS, NOR ANYWHERE ELSE IN THIS UNIVERSE.

I NEVER SAID IT WAS A CLF FORM, THIS IS ALSO VERIFIED BY EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM.

I AM TELLING YOU THE ONLY SOURCE IN EXISTENCE FOR THAT EXACT FORM IS THE AMERICAN HUNG SING KWOON HQ'D IN SAN FRAN UNDER MY SIFU.

THERE IS NO BUTS, ANDS, IFS, MAYBES, ABOUT IT.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    first, there's only one twat here....twatted monk.

secondly, i will make this statement once and for all. THE SHAOLIN 5 ANIMAL FORM FOUND AS DONE BY JAKE THE FAKE IS THE VERY ONE FOUND IN MY LINEAGE MINUS THE OBVIOUS REARRANGING OF SOME MOVES. NEITHER YOU, NOR THAT HAIRY MONKEY COULD EVER PRODUCE ANOTHER LINEAGE WHO AUTHENTICALLY TEACHES THE EXACT SAME FORM OUTSIDE OF SHAOLIN AS WELL AS CHINA, INDIA, AFRICA,MONGOLIA, OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. INCLUDING, MARS, VENUS, NOR ANYWHERE ELSE IN THIS UNIVERSE.

I NEVER SAID IT WAS A CLF FORM, THIS IS ALSO VERIFIED BY EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM.

I AM TELLING YOU THE ONLY SOURCE IN EXISTENCE FOR THAT EXACT FORM IS THE AMERICAN HUNG SING KWOON HQ'D IN SAN FRAN UNDER MY SIFU.

THERE IS NO BUTS, ANDS, IFS, MAYBES, ABOUT IT.
    Five animals as taught to lau bun by a grateful sifus wife. Her family style of shaolin origin. No worries bro, you have been very clear about that. Some people just don't read before they start whining out their cumdumpster!

Blog Entries
    Five animals as taught to lau bun by a grateful sifus wife. Her family style of shaolin origin. No worries bro, you have been very clear about that. Some people just don't read before they start whining out their cumdumpster!
    RIGHT. in the end, its just a form. they don't know how to use it, at least the way its supposed to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    sorry, but frankie boy never said it was CLF. he has always said it was his lineages form. You are putting words in his mouth.
    ok.... If it is not CLF.... then what and/ or who is the source of the original form prior to it becoming a HSCLF form??

Blog Entries
    ok.... If it is not CLF.... then what and/ or who is the source of the original form prior to it becoming a HSCLF form??
    dude, i'll be nice here. one time. the five animal form came from Yuen Hai's wife, who learned it from her family as it was passed down and possibly created by her family. beyond that, no need to try. there is no form done by any legitimate kung fu lineages, shaolin monks, or anyone else outside of my lineage that is even close to this form.

my lineage isn't CHOY LEE FUT either. its HUNG SING CHOY LEE FUT.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 12-17-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    ahh.... now we are getting somewhere, I am familiar with the subject...From the start all I wanted to do is discuss the details and facts.

Sifu's wife.....

Both her parents taught her the form, correct?

they were Shaolin Masters, correct?

....from which region , province, etc.?

at least 3 men are known to have created the form, correct?