View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1203 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 20370311031153119312011202120312041205121312531303 ... LastLast
Results 18,031 to 18,045 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    dude, i'll be nice here. one time. the five animal form came from Yuen Hai's wife, who learned it from her family as it was passed down and possibly created by her family. beyond that, no need to try. there is no form done by any legitimate kung fu lineages, shaolin monks, or anyone else outside of my lineage that is even close to this form.

my lineage isn't CHOY LEE FUT either. its HUNG SING CHOY LEE FUT.
    thank you ! This was one of my points to begin with , thank you .

Then it is possible that this form was created by her family and seeing as they had "shaolin " training they called it a "shaolin " form? as per Kung Fu / Wushu tradition?

are you aware that there are 2 known books written in Chinese about this form?

If so, do you know if it was written in part by one of her family?

is this form hundreds of years old or is it more of a modern creation ?
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 12-17-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Then it is possible that this form was created by her family and seeing as they had "shaolin " training they called it a "shaolin " form? as per Kung Fu / Wushu tradition?
    it is just a form. not a style in itself. the unique thing about this form is that its origins are alleged to be Northern, and has many northern elements. but, its focused on the southern five animals. perhaps when it was created it was done with the mindset of combining northern and southern together.

are you aware that there are 2 known books written in Chinese about this form?
    i can't say anything until i see their form. move for move. section for section from beginning to end.

our form as far back as i can say is the family of yuen hai's wife. if the form is the same as ours, it would be interesting to know more info on it. however, i highly doubt they are the same.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 12-17-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    ahh.... now we are getting somewhere, I am familiar with the subject...From the start all I wanted to do is discuss the details and facts.

Sifu's wife.....

Both her parents taught her the form, correct?

they were Shaolin Masters, correct?

....from which region , province, etc.?

at least 3 men are known to have created the form, correct?

MAN! he said that right up front at the very beginning. You act like this was just brought up. He said all this in like his second post! Lau Bun took the gift and adapted it to HIS CLF principles. No doubt the original form looks VERY different. That being said, if SD had gotten the original version from another family tree, it wouldn't have the CLF elements(even done poorly or wrong, they wouldn't be there). How you gonna explain that away?
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-17-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I find jakes version to be an abomination. its not the way that SKT taught it, not by a long shot. I have relaerned it from three people, all three taught it differently.
    And I'm sure that all 3 have Hung Sing markers. If not, break out your celly and show us otherwise. Easy, no? Show me how a style unrelated to HSCLF in any way would have aquired HSCLF markers independently of HSCLF. Shouldn't be too hard for you, since you're a historian now. I'm sure your month of reading completely trumps HSK's 15 or whatever years of study and access to closed door information within his tong.

Blog Entries
    Ad all 3 had Hung Sing markers. If not, break out your celly and show us otherwise. Easy, no? Show me how a style unrelated to HSCLF in any way would have aquired HSCLF markers independently of HSCLF. Shouldn't be too hard for you, since you're a historian now. I'm sure your month of reading completely trumps HSK's 15 or whatever years of study and access to closed door information within his tong.
    HSCLF for 30 years. martial arts n me go back to my toddler days.

i too would like to see his demo of this form. watch it not even be the same one hahahaha.

HSCLF for 30 years. martial arts n me go back to my toddler days.

i too would like to see his demo of this form. watch it not even be the same one hahahaha.
    No I meant the historian studies. I assumed you picked that up in late teens or early 20's. Was I wrong?

Yeah let's see the 5 animal versions with ZERO HSCLF principles.

That would be awesome! All this arguing over two different things. Sweet!
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-17-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    No I meant the historian studies. I assumed you picked that up in late teens or early 20's. Was I wrong?

Yeah let's see the 5 animal versions with ZERO HSCLF principles.
    oh yeah about 20 years of history research. i started the history quest just after mid 90's. my whole point for being on this forum back then was to shake the CLF tree to see what other pieces of history i might have missed.

my nemesis here done me a huge justice with all of his contesting because i found things about our history no on in CLF can answer today.

Making a case has a great way of expanding your own views. Nothing wrong with that. I change and adapt all the time when new datasets are entered into the equation.

oh yeah about 20 years of history research. i started the history quest just after mid 90's. my whole point for being on this forum back then was to shake the CLF tree to see what other pieces of history i might have missed.

my nemesis here done me a huge justice with all of his contesting because i found things about our history no on in CLF can answer today.
    nemesis implies he is somewhat on your level or a force of retribution. I think whining lil bitch is more apt! Although, you may be HIS nemesis. He eeds to be punished!!!

But hey, to be fair, he has until Xmas to make his case. So I will wait. Unless he has HTML5 problems to conveniently put it off longer. Even though html5 is the easiest thing in the world to learn.

Personally, I think he's just making a fan site. We'll see.
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-17-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    i won't lie, HTOWN dragon gave me my first lead via a book on the triad. this lead me to the next thing and then the next until i found one book that contained the answer to how we got our hung sing name.

gotta start somewhere. I was into MA's as a kid, but it wasn't till a good friend brought some knowledge from his home and shared did I ever really get into the broader history and principles of that aspect of the culture. So even tho it wasn't the best knowledge, had it not happened, I may have ended up going to temple kung fu for a few years. For this I am thankful!

Blog Entries
    nemesis implies he is somewhat on your level or a force of retribution. I think whining lil ***** is more apt!

But hey, to be fair, he has until Xmas to make his case. So I will wait. Unless he has HTML5 problems to conveniently put it off longer. Even though html5 is the easiest thing in the world to learn.

Personally, I think he's just making a fan site. We'll see.
    whatever it was, it drove me to find the truth. secretly i appreciate what he did.

and the monk has had a long time to produce something. but since the world is ending is 4 days.....he has till xmas.

I can’t believe we are still discussing this 5 Animal Form. HSK made the valid point that the 5-Animal Form he witnessed Jake mangling on YouTube clearly came from his lineage. There is no doubt that Sin The’ purchased Doc Fai Wong’s book and then taught the form to his students. There is also no doubt that Sin The failed to mention he had taken the form from the book. Whether he said he got it from Ie Chang Ming or never said where he got it from I do not know.

This is not an isolated incident or amazing coincidence - it just one of the countless forms Sin The has taught over the years that he took out of a book and “repackaged”

Sin The’s actions are indefensible. Any SD person who perpetuates the lies told by Sin The regarding this form or many others in light of the available evidence is as guilty as Sin The is of dishonest behavior.

However, there is nothing wrong with continuing to practice whatever version someone might have of this form. Just don’t say Su Kong learned it at the Temple and passed it on to Ie Chang Ming who taught it to Sin The.

Blog Entries
    However, there is nothing wrong with continuing to practice whatever version someone might have of this form. Just don’t say Su Kong learned it at the Temple and passed it on to Ie Chang Ming who taught it to Sin The.
    that right there!

i know we can't erase what happened. but the above is all i ask.