View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1207 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 20770711071157119712051206120712081209121712571307 ... LastLast
Results 18,091 to 18,105 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I dont feel SD is a waste . I think there are good things in SD. I also feel there is Legitimate CMA in SD. It may not be all done according to CMA principle but who knows how it has been changed over time. I do know when I 1st learned the He Hu Duet, it was taught differently with different emphasis on certain points and movements. So i dont think anyones 1 year or 40 years is truly wasted , what is sad is how much was learned from a human and howmuch otherwise then passed on as Original. KC
    See that's the problem right there. If the CMA principles are removed/missing because of incorrect or incomplete transmission, it's NOT CMA. It's something that on the exterior might resemble it & could even be used, but intrinsically it's incorrect.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Blog Entries
    See that's the problem right there. If the CMA principles are removed/missing because of incorrect or incomplete transmission, it's NOT CMA
    thank you!!!!!!!!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

The Mayans must have been right

The Apocalypse must be tomorrow. Where has this kinder gentler HSK come from
    Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy. Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious nor can any be replaced.

Blog Entries
    The Apocalypse must be tomorrow. Where has this kinder gentler HSK come from
    it is. LOL. meet me one on one and you get to see the real me. yes, im aggressive. yes im hot tempered, yes i like to fight. but that is just the martial side of me. no one but my girl knows when i cry....my friends get to see the warm side of me. enemies or potential enemies get no mercy. i will cobra kai a mudda chukka in a heart beat. if i can't beat you i will shoot you. be a friend, you got a life long friend.

like this....did you know i used to rap and i still write poems to this day? here is a combo of poem rap i did for my momma. don't clown my old school rappin style either hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuwJyt6yong
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 12-20-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    See that's the problem right there. If the CMA principles are removed/missing because of incorrect or incomplete transmission, it's NOT CMA. It's something that on the exterior might resemble it & could even be used, but intrinsically it's incorrect.
    This was a problem I had especially with the hsing I stuff I learned while at the csc atl
    The gross motions were taught but not the specific body method that makes hsing I hsing I ...
    It was still practice the same "form" I was taught for example linking/linkage. But over time I have been taught the body method (Shen fa) of hsing I.

With out someone teaching me the hsing I body method I do not think there is any amount of practice that could have been done to understand the methods of hsing I by just going through the form as it was originally shown. This is not to say a person could not figure out "some moves" but I think the body method of each distinct art is what causes it to be its own distinct thing. After you do have an understanding of the body method of more than on style the you can mix them as you please/need but at their base I think for the different arts to retain value the specific Shen fa should be understood.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    it is. LOL. meet me one on one and you get to see the real me. yes, im aggressive. yes im hot tempered, yes i like to fight. but that is just the martial side of me. no one but my girl knows when i cry....my friends get to see the warm side of me. enemies or potential enemies get no mercy. i will cobra kai a mudda chukka in a heart beat. if i can't beat you i will shoot you. be a friend, you got a life long friend.

like this....did you know i used to rap and i still write poems to this day? here is a combo of poem rap i did for my momma. don't clown my old school rappin style either hahaha

Not so sure about the flow but the lyrics and sentiment are really good.
    I liked the parts about what you wish your mom had been around for, it's actually kinda touching and many people could probably relate...
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

No crowning at all. I'm all about some old school. Kinda hit close to home. Very nice man!
    Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy. Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious nor can any be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    HSCLF never stole a thing from SD. You feel he has no right to be annoyed by this?

I mean we have all spent years brushing off things like SD. Stripmall kung fu is like a running joke to many of us. But nobody really cared that much till yall "tried" to assert yourselves and force some weak form of legitimacy into the collective consciousness. There is a reason why everyone laughs at SD but very few laugh at something like HSCLF.

But no, I'm sure the 99% are dead wrong and you 1% are just being wronged to death!!! Must be it.
    Prove that SD stole it. Thats all I am saying about the subject until this can be done.

I dont think anyone in SD, Other schools, people or anyone here cares what you think or say about them...

most people come here for the train wreck out of shear boredom.

all opponents of SD read what they want, take things out of context , and flat out do not read and comprehend what is being said by others. many are, were, or are neutral to SD...

.they just want to discuss martial arts...something that seems to elude you.

I am not defending or attacking them...all I want is facts, documentation , proof of something ...not my sifu said and my lineages legit, blahblahblah

you havent been able to prove anything . the burden of proof is on you .

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    I agree with this whole heartedly, but mechanics are mechanics.

SD has never had that "Chinese " flair to it.that is stylization that has been taken to extreme to distinguish itself from other styles.

Because of the path in which SD took it seems natural, stands to reason that it wouldnt have that "wushu" standardized look.

what was emphsized in every lesson I took was mechanics . real mechanics, not flashy cr@p that makes it look pretty.

dont get me wrong, it can look good and be equally as functional and effective.

Remember that SD has Southern Kung Fu roots (the roots of Karate , okinanwan not japanese)

You are missing more than you know ....but what do you care about knowing the truth , you have your own agenda.

Blog Entries
    Not so sure about the flow but the lyrics and sentiment are really good.
    I liked the parts about what you wish your mom had been around for, it's actually kinda touching and many people could probably relate...
    thank man. i know my flow is from the 80's 90's ......LOL.

No crowning at all. I'm all about some old school. Kinda hit close to home. Very nice man!
    thanks man.

thank man. i know my flow is from the 80's 90's ......LOL.

thanks man.
    Definitely a different side of you then we see here! Props for putting yourself out there here in hostile territory...I thought it was good man!

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Prove that SD stole it. Thats all I am saying about the subject until this can be done.

I dont think anyone in SD, Other schools, people or anyone here cares what you think or say about them...

most people come here for the train wreck out of shear boredom.

all opponents of SD read what they want, take things out of context , and flat out do not read and comprehend what is being said by others. many are, were, or are neutral to SD...

.they just want to discuss martial arts...something that seems to elude you.

I am not defending or attacking them...all I want is facts, documentation , proof of something ...not my sifu said and my lineages legit, blahblahblah

you havent been able to prove anything . the burden of proof is on you .

A sad attempt at misdirection.

So if you can show separate lines that do not have HSCLF, then why does your version have the HSCLF elements? I'm not talking to everyone else. I'm talking to you. Answer the question. I'm not saying my sifu said this or that. I'm not saying anything about any of the stuff you are whining about right now. I'm asking a simple direct question that will lead to this truth you claim to seek. So show me you really are about truth and not just being defensive. So answer that one simple question. Then we can get HSK or any other learned HSCLF guy to confirm whether or not those actually are HSCLF principles.

I don't care about SD. I just want to know why your separate version has HSCLF elements. Simple question. Keep ducking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Definitely a different side of you then we see here! Props for putting yourself out there here in hostile territory...I thought it was good man!

Talk to him on the real, he's a really nice guy. Next time I hit the bay I will mos def hit him up. Smoke some ick and throw down a lil.

Blog Entries
    THANKS. haha. i used to rap. and when i grab the mic i'm a stunna cause they think vanilla ice but get some fire and ice instead

i'm rappin here troo lolol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vDiSTM3Q5w
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 12-20-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    So if you can show separate lines that do not have HSCLF, then why does your version have the HSCLF elements?
    he doesn't have a clue bro. i won't point it out to him either

No secrets. Just obvious indicators that it is HSCLF and not another line.

I could do it myself, but since I don't train any CLF, it wouldn't hold any real weight to it to people who would question my ability to assess another style.

If you guys haven't noticed, I have kept my comments on skill very general. Where I get specific is in the questioning of other peoples rationalization of bull****.
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-20-2012 at 06:32 PM.