View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1208 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 20870811081158119812061207120812091210121812581308 ... LastLast
Results 18,106 to 18,120 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I agree with this whole heartedly, but mechanics are mechanics.

SD has never had that "Chinese " flair to it.that is stylization that has been taken to extreme to distinguish itself from other styles.

Because of the path in which SD took it seems natural, stands to reason that it wouldnt have that "wushu" standardized look.

what was emphsized in every lesson I took was mechanics . real mechanics, not flashy cr@p that makes it look pretty.

dont get me wrong, it can look good and be equally as functional and effective.

Remember that SD has Southern Kung Fu roots (the roots of Karate , okinanwan not japanese)

You are missing more than you know ....but what do you care about knowing the truth , you have your own agenda.
    Wow... I'm missing more than I know. Who knew?

Ok... so can you point out where SD practices Tun To Fo Chum in everything taught?

Now, when you can do that, tell me where Tun To Fo Chum is supposed to fit Hua #3? Or in Xinjia YiLu? Or Ng Ying Kuen?

For the record... All I've done since leaving SD is SOUTHERN CMA, including a minute amount of Southern Shorthand. I've been exposed to some Northern along this road as well as a short year with Chen Taiji & several months of Xingyi.

Could you also let me know what my agenda is?

BTW... you never got back to me about your BB certificate number from Ching Yi.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Birds and Cranes

[QUOTE=bodhi warrior;1202792]
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBB View Post

I know the birds and cranes at brown belt come from Hiang. Sin had ran out of material and wanted to add to the curriculum. Hiang was still going back to Indonesia to study with his teachers.
    I'm pretty sure that's not completely accurate. I was attending the Lexington school when all that material was added for the very first time, HT taught the 3 bird forms, and ST taught the 3 WC's, the Kwan-Do, and the two "China Hands" forms (Connecting Fist and Five Direction Palm). At least that's the way i remember it. Does anyone who was there remember it differently?
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    A sad attempt at misdirection.

So if you can show separate lines that do not have HSCLF, then why does your version have the HSCLF elements? I'm not talking to everyone else. I'm talking to you. Answer the question. I'm not saying my sifu said this or that. I'm not saying anything about any of the stuff you are whining about right now. I'm asking a simple direct question that will lead to this truth you claim to seek. So show me you really are about truth and not just being defensive. So answer that one simple question. Then we can get HSK or any other learned HSCLF guy to confirm whether or not those actually are HSCLF principles.

I don't care about SD. I just want to know why your separate version has HSCLF elements. Simple question. Keep ducking.

Talk to him on the real, he's a really nice guy. Next time I hit the bay I will mos def hit him up. Smoke some ick and throw down a lil.
    I would like to know that too , seeing as you have never met me or seen what my version of the form looks like.

Sorry Sean

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    Wow... I'm missing more than I know. Who knew?

Ok... so can you point out where SD practices Tun To Fo Chum in everything taught?

Now, when you can do that, tell me where Tun To Fo Chum is supposed to fit Hua #3? Or in Xinjia YiLu? Or Ng Ying Kuen?

For the record... All I've done since leaving SD is SOUTHERN CMA, including a minute amount of Southern Shorthand. I've been exposed to some Northern along this road as well as a short year with Chen Taiji & several months of Xingyi.

Could you also let me know what my agenda is?

BTW... you never got back to me about your BB certificate number from Ching Yi.
    I didn't mean you... The general you, meaning the audience.

I have been studying internal for 18 years... Pm if you want details

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    meet me one on one and you get to see the real me. yes, im aggressive. yes im hot tempered, yes i like to fight. but that is just the martial side of me. no one but my girl knows when i cry....my friends get to see the warm side of me.

I think you've described the yin and yang of all of us. I was touched by your words for your mother (even though I'm a little too old to appreciate the rap). I want to share a quote with you that I've carried with me for over 30 years and it has comforted me many times when I've lost someone close…I hope it will have some meaning for you too.

"And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides,
    that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered? Only when you drink
    from the river of silence shall you indeed sing." — Kahlil Gibran

Peace to you and the memory of your mother!
    thanks. appreciated.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Thank you brotherlove

Thanks, I just lost a dear freind from my childhood, that is a nice thought
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Hey guys, just wanted to check in. For some reason, I am not getting the notices that my comments have been responded to here at work (for all I know the government firwall is at work), I have not been ignoring you.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I would like to know that too , seeing as you have never met me or seen what my version of the form looks like.
    Mhm, more misdirection.

Simple way to solve it. Or is it a secret from your closed door SD? Answer the question, it's a simple question. Can you do that?

You're like a child. Man up, son.

Blog Entries
    Mhm, more misdirection.

Simple way to solve it. Or is it a secret from your closed door SD? Answer the question, it's a simple question. Can you do that?

You're like a child. Man up, son.
    he's bluffin bro, he has nothing. not a single source. don't sweat him.

Well, he has four days. He said he would. If he makes good on that, he's solid. If he doesn't, he's a mark.

I'm sure he has "something", just nothing that will make any significant difference in the discussion. He'll focus on a side note that isn't really relevant to the main focus of the 5 animals theft. I suspect he's trying to prove 5 Animals exists outside of SD and HSCLF as if that proves it's not stolen. I don't expect much, as far as critical thinking goes, from him or people like him. They couldn't take a 6 year old in debate.

A Christmas can of worms!

There's a story being circulated in Hiang's camp confirming GM Su Kong was a circus performer after he left the temple.

Attachment 7231

Blog Entries
    he just doesn't want US to have to only RARE five animal form. he doesn't seem to know every style has a different 5 animal form. CLF has their own. HSCLF has one. Hung Gar has one. yet, till this day, after 75 years of being in america, we've never seen another form like our 5 animal form from anyone, including shaolin. he cannot ride off of the fact that this form is rare, shaolin, or anything. the only thing SD can do is say it was learned from the book. this much has been said by the SD people who can see clearly.

even in the face of the court and under oath Sin The admitted to making up a lot of stuff. for some reason he wants to remain blind to this fact. not my problem. if SD keeps doing this form without giving its proper source, i know we will have some problems in the future.

Blog Entries

i have been saying all along that he must have been a circus performer. not a gung fu guy. now this is funny. but why temple? there was none in his day

he just doesn't want US to have to only RARE five animal form. he doesn't seem to know every style has a different 5 animal form. CLF has their own. HSCLF has one. Hung Gar has one. yet, till this day, after 75 years of being in america, we've never seen another form like our 5 animal form from anyone, including shaolin. he cannot ride off of the fact that this form is rare, shaolin, or anything. the only thing SD can do is say it was learned from the book. this much has been said by the SD people who can see clearly.

even in the face of the court and under oath Sin The admitted to making up a lot of stuff. for some reason he wants to remain blind to this fact. not my problem. if SD keeps doing this form without giving its proper source, i know we will have some problems in the future.
    You are 100% correct. While it is possible that the form your teacher's wife learned is practiced outside of your lineage, the form that SD does is the form as adapted by Lau Bun and contains HSCLF signatures in it. If our form did not have those signature moves, but was otherwise the same form, then the argument may be different, but it is not. I do not know why we are still discussing this point. This is HSCLF's form and if I ever practice, perform or teach this form to anyone, I will give it proper credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

i have been saying all along that he must have been a circus performer. not a gung fu guy. now this is funny. but why temple? there was none in his day
    There is also a reported letter from Ie to Sin The talking about his travels over China and Asia where he learned kung fu. If Ie were part of the traveling troup, one who looked up to Su Kong as a mentor or teacher, it would explain the patch-work elements of our art--a little here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.