View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1210 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 21071011101160120012081209121012111212122012601310 ... LastLast
Results 18,136 to 18,150 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    no, but you obviously are....and so??? anything to contrubute yet??? didnt think so, troll.
    My contribution is a very simple question that you are avoiding shamelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    My contribution is a very simple question that you are avoiding shamelessly.
    I answered a while back. cant read and comprehend?

I answered a while back. cant read and comprehend?
    Quote it. I'm not going to go back and read all your posts.

Blog Entries
    unreal....are you all really this retarded...? this has nothing to do with the facts.
    i hope you choke on a dik you head bobba. i have a sneaky feeling you were one of the sexually abused kids.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    oh please , quit with the drama. ( enough with the GIJOE on steroids routine)
    Prove that SD" STOLE" these from the source(s) you claim.
    You cant.
    Nuff said.
    Hung Sing SF is the ONLY source for that 5 animal form. YOU have to prove it is available from some other legit lineage. SHAOLIN DO stole it from HUNG SING and raped it like the perverts did to you.

choke on a fat dik.

you guys are funny, this drill's been going on how many weeks now? lol
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I'm going to just copy the shaolin do curriculum and open a school chain called shaolin tao and rake in the free money.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    the dikhead is just fearful that once people walk away from this thread he will fail to exist any further. the dude is such a poosified poosey he claims foul when people talk sh1t about him but he acts like a bitter little spoiled child that no body likes so he has to be even more bitter that he got dooped by Sin The his living hero.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to just copy the shaolin do curriculum and open a school chain called shaolin tao and rake in the free money.
    If that doesn't work you can call it SHAOLIN FEAUX instead.

Why can't we just discuss real Shaolin techniques like Monkey Beak and Burning Baby Hands?

BTW, worst thread ever.

Blog Entries
    Why can't we just discuss real Shaolin techniques like Monkey Beak and Burning Baby Hands?

BTW, worst thread ever.
    or the 10,000 bee stings.........WTF is wrong with people overlooking this LEGENDARY material????????

and the tattooed man poosey doesn't have any video of himself cause he's just TOOOOOOO GOOD. LMAO......

he probably is a straight up mirror of Sin The movement........fukkin cult leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Weeks? Years, bro! Months for me. I didn't really care till HSK showed us his form had been destroyed. The situation is fascinating IMO. I find unrepentant people interesting. Awesome lab rats.

oh please , quit with the drama. ( enough with the GIJOE on steroids routine)
    Prove that SD" STOLE" these from the source(s) you claim.
    You cant.
    Nuff said.

And just because many of the forms are in books/ videos doesnt mean they were learned from said books/ videos.

its possible they were....so the FCUK what?

I have all of these said forms in , book , video and in my own personal practice....and ?

I didnt learn from the books, but I did learn from the books. I write notes in them and use them for reference....that is what books are used for , right??

If they are in books that have been sold to the public then they can do what they want , with credit being given of course. Many of these forms are common among many schools and teachers. Many of them who probably learned them from books.

It is possible that these forms came from a legit source , not the Shaolin temples mind you, but authentic teachers. hhhaaaahahah

you dont know me , dont pretend you do.
    I think one of the things these guys (syn, hsk etc ) are talking about is that sin the has said a lot of conflicting information and in my opinion told at least a few lies regarding the martial arts he learned and teaches.

Since I learned the chen stuff from sd I will use it as an example.

This for is available in books and on video and from thousands of people.
    Lets say I learned it from a variety of sources including book and video and maybe even made up a few moves. With this material lets say I am teaching and I explain its origins as above. I think most people would not have a problem.
    But if I said I learned it from mr.f who learned it from mr.y who learned it from Fukien Shaolin temple in the late 1800's before 1886... From a hairy monk and it was housed in the Shaolin temple I think many people would rightly have a problem.

If you look objectively at sin the and bill leonard over a period of years teach and perform chen xin jia tai chi chuan I think you would be compelled to admit that they are far from masters of this style and in fact they know very little about it. And it defiantly did not come from Fukien temple.

That said I still practice and study chen xin jia. I do not use sin the or bill leonard as an example to follow though.

The bast answer to any question about Shaolin do history is "I don't know".

To me it is more interesting to talk about the material and how to practice it.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Blog Entries
    And it defiantly did not come from Fukien temple.
    The only KNOWN Fukien Temple of the 1800's is the one that was burned down in 1760. After that, there was no temple there and they are still trying to confirm its location today. but for sure, 1850-1866...NOPE. It didn't exist.

Nothing wrong with making the best of an unfortunate situation. Gotta do what you gotta do, right.

I think people who learned SD and are honest about it will have a lot less crap thrown at them. There will always be straight haters. But whatever. I mean if you are happy with yours, cool. Let's just be honest about all of it.

TTM, do you teach at a SD certified school? Or are you completely separate?