View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1214 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 21471411141164120412121213121412151216122412641314 ... LastLast
Results 18,196 to 18,210 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Is it karate , NO is it CMA yes, but through time it has changed into a different mechanical animal. With different mechanics. Is it effective as a fighting art ? Yes for some. Some of the forms are more suited to that than others. KC
    My rank cert says sin the karate club. (Lol I learned tai chi CHUAN from a karate club )
    I understand that when sin the saw the sign on the Norcross school he was not pleased that it said kung fu instead of karate.

I agree that there are several people in sd who can use the material for real self defense very well. I think sd is a excellent fighting art depending of which sd teacher you learn from and the work you put in. I have seen some very low level understanding from many of the teachers in sd but there are a few who are really good and a handful who are exceptional.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Bruce

I spoke with GMT once regarding the Tai Chi of SD he said that bthe Chen villiage wasnt far from the Henen Shaolin temple, and at times they would come to the temple and do Chen Tai Chi and the yang style is a derivation of it, so that is how he traces it to the ST from what I was told , and since 24 is based on that it too in a convoluted way is from the temples. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by brucereiter View Post
    Regardless of the article sin the claims to have learned 900 forms and mastered 900 forms.
    Are you implying the internal stuff is not part of that 900?

It is obvious if you look at history presented by others but if you look at the history si the presents I do not find it to be obvious.
    I don't believe he learned /mastered 900 forms. The article came out before the claim was made about the 900 forms.

I spoke with GMT once regarding the Tai Chi of SD he said that bthe Chen villiage wasnt far from the Henen Shaolin temple, and at times they would come to the temple and do Chen Tai Chi and the yang style is a derivation of it, so that is how he traces it to the ST from what I was told , and since 24 is based on that it too in a convoluted way is from the temples. KC
    I think sin the told you a lie. The time frames just do not add up.

But he teaches chen xin jia tai chi CHUAN form which was created by chen fake while he was in Beijing I think.

Chang man Ching tai chi CHUAN which was a variation of yang Chang fu's tai chi CHUAN.

And the 24 form was created in the 40's or 50' can't remember for sure.

Even in the convoluted way you mention it just doesn't add up.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I never heard the story about his parents leaving China in 49. I was told he was born in Indonesia.
    I wasnt either, I'm sure he was born in Indonesia. The history story that Bruce posted says he was born in 1943, then goes on to say that his parents "fled China after the commnunist party came to power". That happened in 1949. It's just another example of poor attention to detail on the part of the SD story tellers. They are trying to add a detail which makes the story sound more authentic, but get history wrong trying to do it. Even if they used wikipedia for a minute or two, they would know better. It's frustrating. I don't know why they couldn't just tell the truth about Sin The, whatever that is. Keep it simple and there is less for people to gripe about. If you don't know the dates for things, don't try to make historical references in the story which might not be correct.

"Sin The was born in 1943 in Bandung, Indonesia, to a family of Chinese immigrants. He studied martial arts in the school of Ie Chang Ming, another member of the Chinese community in Bandung. In 1964 he came to the University of Kentucky, where he made the decision to stay in the United States and teach martial arts full-time." That is all it needs to be, and there would be nothing to gripe about.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"

Quote Originally Posted by brucereiter View Post
    I think sin the told you a lie. The time frames just do not add up.

But he teaches chen xin jia tai chi CHUAN form which was created by chen fake while he was in Beijing I think.

Chang man Ching tai chi CHUAN which was a variation of yang Chang fu's tai chi CHUAN.

And the 24 form was created in the 40's or 50' can't remember for sure.

Even in the convoluted way you mention it just doesn't add up.
    Convoluted is his way of saying he's either too lazy to explain, unable to explain, or simply doesn't know how it came to be. In a convoluted way, me and bruce are cousins.

KC, your arguments are very weak. You make these blanket statements then back them up with irrelevant material. You consistently change your position to suit your argument while pretending like it was the same all along. Just like you did to me about your sentence structure. You changed the words to suit your point while pretending you used them all along when in fact you did not. It's weak. Plain and simple weak. Even if all this crap makes sense in your own mind, you are not passing on that info very well at all. You leave holes all over the place. I'm not sure if you are just really bad at communicating or if you really don't see the gaps in your logic. You may also want to do general historic research to match your dates. You are all over the place and it doesn't help your cause.

Maybe you can do forms well, I dunno. Maybe you can fight, I dunno. Maybe you are at least of an average intelligence, i dunno. What I do know for sure is that you absolutely suck at displaying information in a clear manner that makes sense to anyone who reads it.

It's ok to make mistakes, not say something very well. We all do it from time to time. What is NOT ok is pretending like it never happened then giving a bunch of irrelevant info to justify something you should have just admitted to and cleared up in the first place. If I make a mistake and I'm called out and shown how it's bullshit, I'm not gonna religiously defend it just so I don't have to backpedal or admit fault. We all make mistakes, real men admit them, correct them and move one. SKT is a great example of somebody who has never manned up. I bet if you sat down if front of him and brought all this crap up, he would either defend himself or refuse to engage on some weak pretense of superiority. Like blaming the accuser as somebody who simply doesn't understand, but offering no correction or valid defense outside of what has already been said. Weak weak weak.

Syn no one was talking to you. why are you butting in where you dont belong, and yes you are right you are a mch better Keyboard kung fu man than I am , I dont always communicate what I am trying to say . I usually dont talk this much , i have fought since I was 6 and dont like talk it is weak. You seem to be good at talk. Thats probably all you are good at. Those who can do those who cant talk, and talk well.

HSK here is an exerpt from a story in Kung fu magazine, it speaks of the Circus and the Bak Mei system.
    Young master Zhong Luo (Luo Han-Zhong) carries the tradition of his father's Bak Mei and Dragon style. Being the grandmaster's son, he began his kungfu study at the early age of three. At seven, he digressed to study circus for two years. For centuries, circus skills have been a common parallel discipline to kungfu. Luo trained in acrobatics and unicycles, but was badly injured during a circus competition. In an instant, his tendon popped and his circus career was over. Later, at age twelve, his father pushed him to into four years of hard, full-contact sparring competition.

So here is one exerpt i willl find others for you, I just dont have them saved. KC

Blog Entries
    hsk here is an exerpt from a story in kung fu magazine, it speaks of the circus and the bak mei system.
    Young master zhong luo (luo han-zhong) carries the tradition of his father's bak mei and dragon style. Being the grandmaster's son, he began his kungfu study at the early age of three. At seven, he digressed to study circus for two years. For centuries, circus skills have been a common parallel discipline to kungfu. Luo trained in acrobatics and unicycles, but was badly injured during a circus competition. In an instant, his tendon popped and his circus career was over. Later, at age twelve, his father pushed him to into four years of hard, full-contact sparring competition.

So here is one exerpt i willl find others for you, i just dont have them saved. Kc
    got anything else? I'M NOT CONVINCED BY THIS
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Syn no one was talking to you. why are you butting in where you dont belong, and yes you are right you are a mch better Keyboard kung fu man than I am , I dont always communicate what I am trying to say . I usually dont talk this much , i have fought since I was 6 and dont like talk it is weak. You seem to be good at talk. Thats probably all you are good at. Those who can do those who cant talk, and talk well.

HSK here is an exerpt from a story in Kung fu magazine, it speaks of the Circus and the Bak Mei system.
    Young master Zhong Luo (Luo Han-Zhong) carries the tradition of his father's Bak Mei and Dragon style. Being the grandmaster's son, he began his kungfu study at the early age of three. At seven, he digressed to study circus for two years. For centuries, circus skills have been a common parallel discipline to kungfu. Luo trained in acrobatics and unicycles, but was badly injured during a circus competition. In an instant, his tendon popped and his circus career was over. Later, at age twelve, his father pushed him to into four years of hard, full-contact sparring competition.

So here is one exerpt i willl find others for you, I just dont have them saved. KC
    Talk isn't weak. An inability to express oneself is weak. I'm not going to apologize for using words in a written forum. That's just stupid. All that 'talk is weak' crap comes from dumb people that don't know how to problem solve without being a spazz. The same as kids that throw things when they don't get their way. You're a republican, aren't you.

And for the record, I'll say what I want, when I want, and you can't do a damn thing about it. Keep tryin', keep cryin'. You whine like a bitch.
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-23-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Yes talk is weak , ever heard sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me. ? Thgat is like talking to you.What you say is like water on a ducks back it just rolls off. No big deal, I had you pegged as a troll from the beginning. I am confident of what I know and dont care what people think. As stated earlier you are a troll and love to up end a good discussion where things can be learned with your dribble. So why dont you go elsewhere every one is laughing at you for your BS. and that is all it is , If you cant contribute positively to the discussion dont say anything. You are a joke cant you see that. KC

While I don't agree with everyone here, most have done a reasonable job at making their position clear and atleast somewhat realistic. The reason why I don't talk to them is because I read what they have to say, take it for what it is, and move on. I know we may not reach concensus, but I'm satisfied with their position. Nothing in their writing compels me to shake my head and feel the desire to kick the legs out from under them. You and TTM do, though. You both repeatedly make stupid blanket statements then follow up with weak arguments, half of which are completely irrelevant. You consistently use opinionated resources as if they are fact and haven't the slightest idea as to how to build a circumstantial case. You feel more is better all the time, and for some reason because it's your position it's right. It's people like you that are the reason why America is in such a shitty position. Idiots that have no sense of deductive reasoning and you believe shit cause you want to.

You watched Bruce Lee and Kung Fu the TV show and desired that same romanticism in your training thus allowing yourself to be duped by a half assed liar.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    do a search on the triad and shaolin.
    You misunderstood. I'm asking for your reference.

Syn

I will make this very clear so you may understand it. You do not have the ability to kick legs out from under any one in any way. You are boastful and arrogant. You are inferior so you come on to this forum and toss out a few abstract thoughts and think all should think like you. I would classify you as a moron for that reason. I was speaking about a personal experience I had with GMT with Bruce when you chimmed in with your BS. As I said earlier I am not on here for Diction class or grammar or spelling. That is secondary. You have not trained with anyone in SD so you do not have anything to say . You have not provin anything by what you say. You have no idea what I know or even how smart or dumb I am . You therefore attack grammar or spelling or something insignificant because you are like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, you just scream to hear your own BS. Now go play some where else I tire of your EGO which is based on nothing. KC

I will make this very clear so you may understand it. You do not have the ability to kick legs out from under any one in any way. You are boastful and arrogant. You are inferior so you come on to this forum and toss out a few abstract thoughts and think all should think like you. I would classify you as a moron for that reason. I was speaking about a personal experience I had with GMT with Bruce when you chimmed in with your BS. As I said earlier I am not on here for Diction class or grammar or spelling. That is secondary. You have not trained with anyone in SD so you do not have anything to say . You have not provin anything by what you say. You have no idea what I know or even how smart or dumb I am . You therefore attack grammar or spelling or something insignificant because you are like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, you just scream to hear your own BS. Now go play some where else I tire of your EGO which is based on nothing. KC
    Sure. But getting across a simple idea or concept while you're at it would be nice.

The curse of being truly dumb is not being able to see it. I know who I am, I'm happy, I'm good with it. Still, has nothing to do with your inability to express simple ideas in a logical manner. You're an emotional retard.

Wait, maybe not a republican, tea party, yeah? I could be wrong. But you would fit right in at a Bachman rally.

And if talk is so cheap, then shut the fuck up. You know you guys can always just ignore me. It's all on you. I can't hurt you, I can just talk you into hurting yourself.
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-23-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    you misunderstood. I'm asking for your reference.
    do the work and discover some references. I did.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better