View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1222 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 22272211221172121212201221122212231224123212721322 ... LastLast
Results 18,316 to 18,330 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Blog Entries
    oh **** jim carey was a student of Shaolin Do under Sin The.......thas not such a good thing.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Thought you were gonna post up all this great info? It's been 5 days since Xmas. I actually believed you may not punk out. Guess I was wrong.

All I see is invites to a circlejerk. And that's fine. But it's not what you said you would do. I'm expecting a formal essay on why the 5 Animals in SD was not taken from DFWs book and isn't from the Lau Bun lineage. Can you even do that? Just be honest. If you can't, I'll drop it. I just need to see you write that you don't have what you said you did. Otherwise, post up. Don't get all selective and secretive after all that shit talking you did about this amazing revealing research. Throw down, son.
    Three things...it's still christmas(7thday), I am waiting for a couple of email responses, and a delivery of a package.

It is the holidays.....

If I fail to make the deadline I created, then I do. I don't give a **** what any of you say.

Blog Entries
    if i fail to make the deadline i created, then i do. I don't give a **** what any of you say.
    das ok cuz we knows u full of sh1t.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Right

This is Syn 7 in his training last week.
    http://youtu.be/QWlJndr3BKE

Enjoy KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Well I must have struck a nerve with ya. Truth hurts dont it. Let those who are without sin cast the 1st stone.
    Here is Syn 7 doing his martial arts teaching !!!!!
    http://youtu.be/t1JOhuuaYpg

Happy New Year Syn may your next one be a Happy and Gay one I am sure it will be. KC
    WTF are you on about now? Got under my skin how? By judging me? Go nutz. Do your worst. All good.

I think I have clearly displayed that I have no issue with "casting the first stone" and I look forward to it coming back at me. I have been quite clear about this. If I was worried about conflict I would just keep my mouth shut and not speak my mind. As it stands, I don't give a ****. You're words intrigue me on a "let's see just how dumb this cat really is" kind of way.

Two more things. First, show me a person w/o sin and I'll show you a fraud. Second, if you had half a brain, you would have made a clever pun out of my name with that lil quote. I can think of a few off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Three things...it's still christmas(7thday), I am waiting for a couple of email responses, and a delivery of a package.

It is the holidays.....

If I fail to make the deadline I created, then I do. I don't give a **** what any of you say.
    Fair enough. My bad. I mean, you just talked so much shit, I just assumed you had the ability to meet your own deadline. You know, the one where you talked tons of trash and told us all how wrong we were and how we would feel so dumb on the 25th. I sincerely apologize for being so wrong. Really, it was my bad.

That's good that you don't care what people say about this. What's not good is that you seem to be okay with signing cheques your ass can't cash then backing off like it was no bog deal. Fuck what I think of you, but you shouldn't lie to yourself like that. You know you done fucked up. Self acknowledgement would be a positive step in working on those delusions tho.
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-31-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Enjoy KC
    You think about me way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ797 View Post
    Bruce would destroy Joe or Bill - easily.
    Lol...when the purpose of push hands becomes "to win," you're not doing push hands.

It always annoys me when people turn push hands into secondrate wrestling/chi sau.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 12-31-2012 at 09:35 PM.

In discussing the Yang 64 I do not know what or who taught you but I see some similariities to the CMC 37 but not as many as the Yang Temple form I posted. So which form is it more likely to have derived from the Temple one or the Other. I think the Temple form not CMC form at least as I was taught. KC
    It's CMC move-for-move. Only the "hanging lotus" kick is turned into a side thrust, and there's no stepping in the cloud hands.

There's no debate. It's the same form, exactly other than those two differences. People may play it differently stylistically, but the sequence of motions is 100% exact, and SD guys try to make it last too long (as if they were doing 108 postures). CMC always intended his form to be short (10 minutes). If SD wants a long tai chi form, seems it ought to practice a long form.

Waysun Liao published a book on Tai Chi called the "Tai Chi Classics" in which he posted drawings of a "Temple" tai chi form in the back, with postures / descriptions. Guess what? It was the CMC form, move-for-move. Personally, I think both guys (Waysun / gMS) had hte same misinformation, either consciously or ignorantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Waysun Liao published a book on Tai Chi called the "Tai Chi Classics" in which he posted drawings of a "Temple" tai chi form in the back, with postures / descriptions. Guess what? It was the CMC form, move-for-move. Personally, I think both guys (Waysun / gMS) had hte same misinformation, either consciously or ignorantly.
    Is it possible that SKT got the form from that book? Or was introduced to it by that book? I could just look for myself, but I'm not THAT curious. When was the book printed?

It's CMC move-for-move. Only the "hanging lotus" kick is turned into a side thrust, and there's no stepping in the cloud hands.

There's no debate. It's the same form, exactly other than those two differences. People may play it differently stylistically, but the sequence of motions is 100% exact, and SD guys try to make it last too long (as if they were doing 108 postures). CMC always intended his form to be short (10 minutes). If SD wants a long tai chi form, seems it ought to practice a long form.

Yep, that's another point I noticed. Someone in SD/CSC must have read that the traditional Yang form is meant to take 20+ minutes, and assumed that their 64/37 form was the same thing. The 64/37 should take 10-12 minutes at the most, 8 minutes or so at average speed, according to Cheng Man Ching.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Is it possible that SKT got the form from that book? Or was introduced to it by that book? I could just look for myself, but I'm not THAT curious. When was the book printed?
    LOL. 2001, so no. If anything, pub. dates would work the opposite there and GMS would be the originator. (And Waysun Liao claims to have been taught by a "wandering" Taoist....or a CHinese bum...I can't recall). But I doubt he originated that claim ("Temple Tai CHi"). Some people call CMC's 37 posture short form "Temple" tai chi under the mistaken notion that it's ancient----or some BS like that. But then, many styles fallaciously claim "Temple" lineage, and whatnot (and of course we're including SD here).

It doesn't matter, though. CMC created our form as an abridgment of the long form in Taiwan in the 60's, or something like that. There's no debating it--and GMS would not have to learn the form by book. He could learn it from thousands of people in a weekend. GMS even has the particulars of CMC's practice---light shaking, small postures, no classically "pretty" motions characteristic of health tai chi. CMC's tai chi is great, but you'll notice that he almost looks "sloppy" (I think it looks great) because he doesn't exert himself in the form.

As for his (CMC's) push hands...he looks good, but he always had hte upper hand when it came to leverage. CMC was 1/2 as tall as most white guys, and the white guys in his videos were always crouched over when CMC was standing tall and even rooted. They didn't have a chance in push hands. Not taking aways from his skill---just his performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Yep, that's another point I noticed. Someone in SD/CSC must have read that the traditional Yang form is meant to take 20+ minutes, and assumed that their 64/37 form was the same thing. The 64/37 should take 10-12 minutes at the most, 8 minutes or so at average speed, according to Cheng Man Ching.
    The first book I read on tai chi 9 years ago was Liao's book, and not knowing much about Tai CHi at the time, I figured hte likeness in terminology/form between him and SD was evidence of common ancestry.

And then I found CMC's treatises by happenstance and realized that there were two guys out there doing CMC's form under the mistaken notion that it was the "original" form from the temple. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Right. I realize that going super slow is great for beginners, and even practice in which you intend to fix particulars of a motion. But it makes no sense when you're practicing daily to get the "feeling" of tai chi---getting the tai chi form into your bones, so to speak. 8-10 minutes is far more agreeable and enlightening, and it improves your footwork greatly. Super slow tai chi always seems to have ****ty footwork, since they overanalyze weight distribution.

What the hell is 70%-30%. It's always a guess, and a shoddy one. The point is--where are you rooted, where are you off balance, and can you transition smoothly so that you can plant your foot in your opponent's defense without him noticing before it's too late. I can only laugh when some people say---I think you're about 5% too heavy on that foot during rollback.

LOL. 2001, so no. If anything, pub. dates would work the opposite there and GMS would be the originator. (And Waysun Liao claims to have been taught by a "wandering" Taoist....or a CHinese bum...I can't recall). But I doubt he originated that claim ("Temple Tai CHi"). Some people call CMC's 37 posture short form "Temple" tai chi under the mistaken notion that it's ancient----or some BS like that. But then, many styles fallaciously claim "Temple" lineage, and whatnot (and of course we're including SD here).

It doesn't matter, though. CMC created our form as an abridgment of the long form in Taiwan in the 60's, or something like that. There's no debating it--and GMS would not have to learn the form by book. He could learn it from thousands of people in a weekend. GMS even has the particulars of CMC's practice---light shaking, small postures, no classically "pretty" motions characteristic of health tai chi. CMC's tai chi is great, but you'll notice that he almost looks "sloppy" (I think it looks great) because he doesn't exert himself in the form.

As for his (CMC's) push hands...he looks good, but he always had hte upper hand when it came to leverage. CMC was 1/2 as tall as most white guys, and the white guys in his videos were always crouched over when CMC was standing tall and even rooted. They didn't have a chance in push hands. Not taking aways from his skill---just his performances.
    Gotcha. I have heard tons of "temple" crap over the years.

I have no doubt that it is Chengs form.

Enjoy KC
    WEll Syn when I think Comedy I think YOU. You are so funny, You really should quit taking youirself soooooo seriously KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !