View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1227 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 22772711271177121712251226122712281229123712771327 ... LastLast
Results 18,391 to 18,405 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Blog Entries
    Almost spit out my soup. Mithter Thenthithive!!! Good stuff. Accentuated by the fact that Mike Tyson is on TV right now. He'the a funthional member of thothiety now!
    oh you tho thilly......
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    Consider me one of the UNoffended ones...I appreciate your posts bruce.

IMO most of the SD folks on here (or maybe it's just me) are more interested in discussing the SD techniques, training, application than contributing to the endless debate that can only really be settled by GMS. It's become more trouble than it's worth to sift through this thread just to have a discussion. Most of the constructive posts are instantly drowned out in trash. So much so that TTM has taken it upon himself to setup a private forum.
    thanks.....................
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Almost spit out my soup. Mithter Thenthithive!!! Good stuff. Accentuated by the fact that Mike Tyson is on TV right now. He'the a funthional member of thothiety now!

As for the rest, I always butt in on A B convos. Wanna fight?

"My style is the best, and so I challenge you!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSu3lelXNGQ

Love the "subliminal" product shots....!!!
    that video is awesome!
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

And you should totally discuss it in TTM's forum. This thread is labelled Is SD for real? Not "let's discuss the finer points of what we learned at SD". The fact that they keep getting merged should speak volumes to you. Man up, make your own space.
    syn,

i think we all have the privilege of posting what ever martial arts related topics we want to just as you have the privilege to tell me not to.

"is shaolin do for real" i think that question is flawed and that being the original question on this thread does not limit the parts of sd one may want to talk about. its obvious to any objective person what sin the has done. i am not going to give up my tai chi churn practice just because sin kwang the can not get his story straight and a bunch of people dislike him.

some people who have practiced what ever sd material for a time may wish to discuss the art here. in the past when ever i or any person it seems would start a thread to talk about what ever aspect of the style the thread would inevitably get overrun with sin the's misinformation bull**** instead of the topic trying to be discussed. in my experience here if i want to discuss sd it is best to do it on this thread. gene has actually in the past asked that the sd threads stay here...

keep it all in one place the good the bad and the ugly.

And if you don't mind, maybe some of you could hold people like TTM to their shit. Step up or back off. KFM is an aggressive place sometimes. Get over it. Back up your claims and do what you say you will do.
    yes it is a bit to aggressive sometimes.
    i forgot exactly what it was he said he would do. what exactly do you want from him?

several people on all sides of the fence have thrown around insults some are actually funny and no different that i would do with my friends busting each others balls but i do not think there is any reason for any of us to act like *******s. its a fine line.

Besides, I'll take a scrap over a forum circle jerk anytime. When I train, we don't all agree and tell eachother how awesome we are, how legit we are. We challenge eachothers assumptions and pressure test EVERYTHING! This type of conflict is absolutely necessary for martial growth. If you wanna do forms for health, that's cool, just don't act like it will work for you if you haven't actually tried it.
    >>>>We challenge eachothers assumptions and pressure test EVERYTHING!<<<<
    that is some of the best martial arts advice ever.

opposing views are important in finding your own way. it is important to expose your ideas to others outside of what you do to test what you do and find the good and bad.

if i may ask what is your goal in posting on these topics? what do you hope to accomplish with your posts regarding sd?
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

Blog Entries
    i think we all have the privilege of posting what ever martial arts related topics we want to just as you have the privilege to tell me not to.
    knowledge is power. closed mouths don't get fed

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    knowledge is power. closed mouths don't get fed
    yep. if ya dont ask ya wont know.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

Quote Originally Posted by brucereiter View Post
    syn,

"is shaolin do for real" i think that question is flawed and that being the original question on this thread does not limit the parts of sd one may want to talk about. its obvious to any objective person what sin the has done. i am not going to give up my tai chi churn practice just because sin kwang the can not get his story straight and a bunch of people dislike him.

some people who have practiced what ever sd material for a time may wish to discuss the art here. in the past when ever i or any person it seems would start a thread to talk about what ever aspect of the style the thread would inevitably get overrun with sin the's misinformation bull**** instead of the topic trying to be discussed. in my experience here if i want to discuss sd it is best to do it on this thread. gene has actually in the past asked that the sd threads stay here...

keep it all in one place the good the bad and the ugly.

yes it is a bit to aggressive sometimes.
    i forgot exactly what it was he said he would do. what exactly do you want from him?

several people on all sides of the fence have thrown around insults some are actually funny and no different that i would do with my friends busting each others balls but i do not think there is any reason for any of us to act like *******s. its a fine line.

>>>>We challenge eachothers assumptions and pressure test EVERYTHING!<<<<
    that is some of the best martial arts advice ever.

opposing views are important in finding your own way. it is important to expose your ideas to others outside of what you do to test what you do and find the good and bad.

if i may ask what is your goal in posting on these topics? what do you hope to accomplish with your posts regarding sd?

Oh, yall can say whatever you want. I just was referring to the people who complained about how their thread is being interrupted as if it's an sd friendship thread. Do what ya gotta, by all means. I'm just sayin, if you wanna have convos between yourselves with no interruptions....... to the left. Otherwise, rock on wit ya bad selves.

TTM talked a ton of trash about how he was gonna prove that not only is the SD five animals not from Lau Buns lineage, but also that he was going to show other unrelated styles(to SD or HSCLF) doing this form. He talked so so so much shit and even got cocky enough to set his own deadline, which was Dec 25th. I wanna see these docs that show all this. After all the shit he talked, I'm expecting a thesis. That's what it's gonna take to back his words.

At first I was curious about SD and all the weird drama. Then I made some conclusions. Some agreed, a few got sand in their vijayjays and challenged me on it, I responded, it went from there. HSK came in aggressively and as I agreed with a lot he was saying, people got aggressive w/ me. I push back.

My purpose, genuine curiosity in the 5 animal jackmove and the whole fraud in general w/ sd. Entertainment. Breaks from writing code. And straight up, I enjoy picking arguments apart. I consider it a mental exercise. I do lots of stuff like that. I study baseball stats but don't give a shit about baseball. It's just how I do. I also spend a lot of time on behaviour analysis, fascinating stuff. So sometimes I'm being a genuine dick, others I'm purposely choosing my words for a specific reaction simply because I enjoy studying manipulation. Not to say I always get the reaction I'm looking for. But in this thread I'm looking at high 80's. Again, it's all just an exercise. Drilling etc... I pick my moments and run with it. Honestly, I really don't care much about any of this outside of the initial curiosities w/ the lying and the 5 animal thing.

And for the record, I haven't made any significant definitive claims about myself in relation to how good I am, what I can or can't do etc. I'm not here to measure dicks. I'm satisfied with mine.

Oh, yall can say whatever you want. I just was referring to the people who complained about how their thread is being interrupted as if it's an sd friendship thread. Do what ya gotta, by all means. I'm just sayin, if you wanna have convos between yourselves with no interruptions....... to the left. Otherwise, rock on wit ya bad selves.

TTM talked a ton of trash about how he was gonna prove that not only is the SD five animals not from Lau Buns lineage, but also that he was going to show other unrelated styles(to SD or HSCLF) doing this form. He talked so so so much shit and even got cocky enough to set his own deadline, which was Dec 25th. I wanna see these docs that show all this. After all the shit he talked, I'm expecting a thesis. That's what it's gonna take to back his words.

At first I was curious about SD and all the weird drama. Then I made some conclusions. Some agreed, a few got sand in their vijayjays and challenged me on it, I responded, it went from there. HSK came in aggressively and as I agreed with a lot he was saying, people got aggressive w/ me. I push back.

My purpose, genuine curiosity in the 5 animal jackmove and the whole fraud in general w/ sd. Entertainment. Breaks from writing code. And straight up, I enjoy picking arguments apart. I consider it a mental exercise. I do lots of stuff like that. I study baseball stats but don't give a shit about baseball. It's just how I do. I also spend a lot of time on behaviour analysis, fascinating stuff. So sometimes I'm being a genuine dick, others I'm purposely choosing my words for a specific reaction simply because I enjoy studying manipulation. Not to say I always get the reaction I'm looking for. But in this thread I'm looking at high 80's. Again, it's all just an exercise. Drilling etc... I pick my moments and run with it. Honestly, I really don't care much about any of this outside of the initial curiosities w/ the lying and the 5 animal thing.

And for the record, I haven't made any significant definitive claims about myself in relation to how good I am, what I can or can't do etc. I'm not here to measure dicks. I'm satisfied with mine.
    fair enough. thanks for the response. with the exceptions of you baiting people who are being emotional i think your interactions here are good and objective.

i go in phases with this thread. gotta not look at it for a while every now and then.
    i missed the ttm 5 animal form claims so i am not sure what was said but out of curiosity i would like to see any evidence of sin the's martial arts but i mostly only have a interest in the internal stuff since this is what i have personally have invested in.
    i think they way you and especially frank have "typed" to ttm it is unlikely that he will do anything he may have said he would in regards to the 5 animal form history due to all of the negative reactions going both ways.

i think this thread should have opposing views. much of what sin the has said and done regarding these martial arts it total bullS$%T and some people would like to know about it.

my opinion of sin the's students/people who have trained some aspect of the system is they are
    a) blind to the factual history and methods of the systems sd claims to teach
    b) ignorant about the factual history and methods of the systems sd claims to teach
    c) do not care about the factual history and methods of the systems sd claims to teach
    d) are well informed about the factual history and methods of the systems sd claims to teach

all 4 of those options are ok.

carry on.
    Last edited by brucereiter; 01-05-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

Blog Entries

an 1878 mention of the southern shaolin temple

"The Emperor was exceedingly pleased with the proposal, and at once issued an Imperial Edict, which was speedily distributed throughout the whole Empire. There was no place under Heaven which the proclamation did not reach. Now, in a range of mountains called Kiu-Lien, in the district of Toan Leng in Hok-Kien, there was a monastery, named Siau Lim Si, containing 128 priests."

Blog Entries
    i think they way you and especially frank have "typed" to ttm it is unlikely that he will do anything he may have said he would in regards to the 5 animal form history due to all of the negative reactions going both ways.
    hey bro, TTM aka TRIPLE C causes undo stress when he's around. we try to have a decent conversation then that fool comes in with his childish BS. see, as of now, no **** talking is happening. but when he arrives, he's get smacked. but as of late, i've decided to ignore his BS. if you look, i'm not mad at kwai chang cause he's trying to stay cool. i want him to post that video he said he has.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 01-05-2013 at 11:28 AM.

This thread needs some love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDT8OOkS_dc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKs4Gv56z3Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIp47yWUQKs

not untill you've listen to Rakim on a rocky mountain top
    have you heard hip hop
    extract the urban element which created it
    and let a open wide country side illustrate it
    riding in a freight train
    in the freezing rain
    listening to Coltrane
    my reality went insane
    and i think i saw Jesus
    he was playing hopscotch with Betty Carter
    who was cursing him out
    in a scat-like gibberish for not saying 'butterfingers'
    and my fingers run through grains of sand
    like seeds of time
    the pains of man
    the frames of mind
    which built these frames
    which is the structure of my urban superstructure
    the trains and planes can corrupt and obstruct your planes of thought
    so you that forget how to walk through the woods
    which ain't good cuz you ain't never walked through the trees
    listenin' to nobody beats the biz and you ain't never heard hip hop
    Last edited by Syn7; 01-05-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    SYN, U ON FACEBOOK? CHECK IT OUT
    https://www.facebook.com/UndergroundHipHopExists

Ha, Cunninlynguists... 616 Rewind was tight. CT kills it.

Uhhhh no

"
    TTM talked a ton of trash about how he was gonna prove that not only is the SD five animals not from Lau Buns lineage, but also that he was going to show other unrelated styles(to SD or HSCLF) doing this form. He talked so so so much **** and even got ****y enough to set his own deadline, which was Dec 25th. I wanna see these docs that show all this. After all the **** he talked, I'm expecting a thesis. That's what it's gonna take to back his words."

this is not what was said or discussed, part of the reason why I don't care about this forum or discussing anything further. It's totally pointless. And seeing as you already have it all stuck in your heads that's its your way and no other way , then I don't have much more to say.

Blog Entries
    this is not what was said or discussed, part of the reason why i don't care about this forum or discussing anything further. It's totally pointless. And seeing as you already have it all stuck in your heads that's its your way and no other way , then i don't have much more to say.
    forget the fiscal cliff, we averted the ttm ()triple c) bluff. What a chicken **** cop-out.