View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1234 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 23473411341184122412321233123412351236124412841334 ... LastLast
Results 18,496 to 18,510 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

I think this thread has actually made me long for the days when Martial Artists settled their differences with their fists. This long distance anonymous crap does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by nautavac View Post
    So now that everyone has had a good rant, I wonder if there are any past or present Sders that get on here who know if there are any lower belt material that is taught today which would come directly from GMST parent school in Indonesia?
    Bumping to get more discussion on this. Sorry for hijacking for mouth-fu with Frank today. I was bored and wanted to push the buttons.

What do folks thing about what we get from Indonesia verses what came later?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Bumping to get more discussion on this. Sorry for hijacking for mouth-fu with Frank today. I was bored and wanted to push the buttons.

What do folks thing about what we get from Indonesia verses what came later?
    It would be great to know but sin the will for some reason not give any straight answers about martial arts. Only stories and legends and apparent lies.
    Ultimately it does no matter. Sin the taught stuff, some people learned stuff and made something of it and others blindly followed and here we are. Confused and looking for the truth. Nothing sin the has done or will ever do can take away the skills I developed through my own hard work. Weather sin the lies, tells the truth or says nothing does not change anything.
    For old students I suggest keeping what you value and dropping the rest, for new or potential students educate yourself and know what you are getting into if you study with and "sd" related teachers. Some will each you great martial arts and others will teach crap but all of the history and origin is in question as is every word that sin the says and rights and he same for his students that still spread the bull****.

Frank,

I think you should contact sin the directly and tell I'm what you think. (Video it for us) You can actually find his info with a google search or you could call bill leonard ( get his number from sinthe.com) and tell hm to get you in contact with sin the. Yelling at current and former students who are not perpetuating sin the's crap is not going to change anything.
    Sin the somehow teaches your systems material.

You said you want people to know sin the teaches a poor version of your systems material and you want him to stop or to give credit.
    I want the same thing. I think most current and past sd student want that too.

You said you want to let potential students know the truth of the history your material.
    I think with rare exception all the current and sat sd people here want that too.

I think very few people here defend sin the in any way. I certainly do not.

Happy training
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    So... Evidence. HSCLF guys coming out the woodwork to testify that it's a HS form. Subjective, okay.

Evidence, DFW book. Show us another book that is not related to HSCLF that published the form on an earlier date.

Your turn. This is how civilized intelligent people debate. Here's your chance. If you write it off with weak insults and more backpeddling, then we know where you stand and how capable you are of defending your position. Throw down already.

As for those who are a part of TTM's lil exclusive site, has he posted any of this there? A simple yes or a no would be nice.... for starters, anyways.

I like how TTM gets quiet now.

So....

Evidence. HSCLF guys coming out the woodwork to testify that it's a HS form. Subjective, okay.

Evidence, DFW book. Show us another book that is not related to HSCLF that published the form on an earlier date.

Your turn! Nice and simple. Not too confusing for those of limited cognitive abilities. Nice n slow.

YOUR TURN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brucereiter View Post
    For old students I suggest keeping what you value and dropping the rest,
    In the end, that's what must be done with everything.

Frank,

I think you should contact sin the directly and tell I'm what you think. (Video it for us)
    I, for one, would watch that video.

Thank you O.N.

I really enjoyed the reply, and the discussion (with a few exceptions). Bruce had a very poignant suggestion about HSK calling and confronting GMST directly as well. Thank you all for the response and I will be watching the discussion, happy training.

I really enjoyed the reply, and the discussion (with a few exceptions). Bruce had a very poignant suggestion about HSK calling and confronting GMST directly as well. Thank you all for the response and I will be watching the discussion, happy training.
    peacefully confront. just ask him.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    In the end, that's what must be done with everything.

I, for one, would watch that video.
    Yeah, I do that with Bak Mei. It's not all for me. I learn what I'm taught then later assess how it's working out, make some decisions. Keep as is, rework, seek more instruction for understanding, or just move on.

Word on the video, but I doubt Sin The would take up his offer in person or on the phone. Besides, why argue with a proven liar? He has shown to be an unreliable source of information, regardless of what's true and what isn't. So what's the point? He is so committed to his bullshit now, it's a lost cause. Truth would hurt him more than continued lies at this point. And unless he's really stupid, he will be aware of that.

So I guess people who ruin the "I don't want to talk about the fraudulent system I learned" parade are the exceptions, yes? Regardless of whether some is good or not, that's irrelevant. You are going to do what you want to do. IMO, the biggest SD critics should be the marks. Disrespecting SKT's system is not disrespecting every person involved. If they choose to ignore certain truths, they disrespect themselves. People should be called on their bullshit. Me, you, everyone. Circle jerks don't do much other than validate peoples actions in their own minds for the comfort value. Quite similar to a fat woman who eats after seeing herself in the mirror and doesn't like what she's seeing. Fuck it, time for some doritos.

Word on the video, but I doubt Sin The would take up his offer in person or on the phone. Besides, why argue with a proven liar? He has shown to be an unreliable source of information, regardless of what's true and what isn't. So what's the point? He is so committed to his bullshit now, it's a lost cause. Truth would hurt him more than continued lies at this point. And unless he's really stupid, he will be aware of that.
    i agree. sin the would likely do just as you describe. frank could at least have the satisfaction of telling sin the how he feels instead of going off on people here some of whom have said nothing offensive to him.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

i agree. sin the would likely do just as you describe. frank could at least have the satisfaction of telling sin the how he feels instead of going off on people here some of whom have said nothing offensive to him.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not defending HSK. I said it before, his way is not my way. Besides, he seems capable of defending himself and comfortable with his approach. So, you know, it is what it is. He will stop when he's ready just as I will stop bitching at TTM when I am ready. Not a moment sooner. Believe that.

Anyways, curious... You been to his forum? TTM's, that is. Has he posted his reference materials for his arguments? Even a list of these materials? Book titles, anything? He doesn't really seem up to it. But honestly, I'm curious. I don't want to assume he's full of shit. He could be lying or just not very smooth when ducking questions for any number of reasons.

Also I will be honest. When it comes to people like TTM, I think we, as a society, let people off too easilly. Somebody makes a retard argument then two weeks later after the buzz dies down they are taken seriously again. Don't get me wrong, second chances are great. 3rd, 4th, 5th even. Sometimes. But I mean, come on. These people make insane comments then slip back into the fold a few weeks later and it's like none of it ever happened. Am I the only one who finds this intensely dysfunctional, especially since it's on a communal level. We get comfortable with bullshit so easily. It's weird to me. Live and let live only goes so far. It doesn't mean unlimited free passes. It's not an emotional thing for me, it's an intellectual thing. It's just not right. Even online, the largest experiment in chaos in human history, we should hold people to some reasonable standard. I don't mind people who are aggressive or not nice. I don't really care how people approach their arguments. Etiquette and PC are secondary. I care about the substance. And far too often people of little substance get away with it way too long. Which comes full circle right back to SKT. Facades. Weak.

You seem pretty honest, what's your take?

Okay?

So I guess people who ruin the "I don't want to talk about the fraudulent system I learned" parade are the exceptions, yes? Regardless of whether some is good or not, that's irrelevant. You are going to do what you want to do. IMO, the biggest SD critics should be the marks. Disrespecting SKT's system is not disrespecting every person involved. If they choose to ignore certain truths, they disrespect themselves. People should be called on their bullshit. Me, you, everyone. Circle jerks don't do much other than validate peoples actions in their own minds for the comfort value. Quite similar to a fat woman who eats after seeing herself in the mirror and doesn't like what she's seeing. Fuck it, time for some doritos.
    I really don't know why you would pick this apart. The few exceptions I was referring to are the many posts that have been made which do resemble nothing more than two children fussing over who can pee the furthest, those are the exceptions I was referring to. Good, substantive discussion pops up here and there throughout the thread, then ends in a torrent of name calling and challenges or so it would seem. Those are the exceptions I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    i'm not the fat man people think i am today. LOL. but yeah if he thinks he's bad enough to come looking for me, i swear his face will be on the back of a milk carton. i don't play that sh1t

Make it happen then ! What a ****ing joke..

Blog Entries
    i told you where i was at. come look for me and find out. bring a camera too cause we need a new camera.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 01-12-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Mr. Stinky Twinky, you're not good enough to defeat frank. everyone including your classmates can easily see that you are nothing more than a talker. talk talk talk, afraid to walk the walk. Frank's not afraid to post video's of himself but you are totally afraid to do what he did. tisk tisk tisk.....all bark no bite.