View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1263 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2637631163121312531261126212631264126512731313 ... LastLast
Results 18,931 to 18,945 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Almost A Ghost View Post
    Pulmonary failure @ 58 years old.

There's a thread about him at Martial Talk.
    http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/sho...rd-of-this-guy

He lied about being a Navy Seal and a hand-to-hand combat instructor.
    BWAHAHA! I had a feeling about that when I saw him.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Suck

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post

keep telling yourself that as long as it feels good to you.
    Your sucking doesn't even feel good to me. You even suck at sucking.

Blog Entries
    Your sucking doesn't even feel good to me. You even suck at sucking.
    i hear your cousin calling you back to bed.....go now.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    i hear your cousin calling you back to bed.....go now.
    What a scathing retort. Consider me truly humbled. I'll never step to your rhetorical superiority again. Mea maxima culpa. You win the internets.

I did enjoy the Rosco P. Coltrane photo. Props for that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Blog Entries
    What a scathing retort.
    hahahahahahahahahahaha

Consider me truly humbled.
    ROTFLMAO

I'll never step to your rhetorical superiority again. Mea maxima culpa. You win the internets.
    more ROTFLMAO........

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post
    You mentioned how people will make tons of comments on a form, but when Shaolin Wookie posts his forms and does them nicely, it's quiet and it's like the old saying of "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". You mentioned that on here, it's the opposite . It was somewhere on this thread.
    Ah, that refreshed my recollection. Man, I've posted too much on this forum. I've never endeavored to go back and read it from the begining, but I'm sure it would be interesting to see my own thoughts and perspectives evolve over the last ten years. I'm sure it would remind me of my favorite Emerson quote:

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

Cause, really, how many great quotes use the work "hobgoblin"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Ah, that refreshed my recollection. Man, I've posted too much on this forum. I've never endeavored to go back and read it from the begining, but I'm sure it would be interesting to see my own thoughts and perspectives evolve over the last ten years. I'm sure it would remind me of my favorite Emerson quote:

Hobgoblin truly is a choice word in that context.

Although, he could've said "booger" and garnered the same effect...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost A Ghost View Post
    Pulmonary failure @ 58 years old.

There's a thread about him at Martial Talk.
    http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/sho...rd-of-this-guy

He lied about being a Navy Seal and a hand-to-hand combat instructor.
    Yup... didn't need a phd to call that one!!!

Maybe I'm a cold bastard, but I don't feel anything but relief when people like that die.

It's like this neo con I was "debating" with awhile ago. After 10 minutes of insane bigotry, racial slurs and talk about jesus, he's like "you know you can never sway me, right?" and I'm like "yeah, we're actually after your kids minds and after that we just wait for you to expire."

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    I'm like "yeah, we're actually after your kids minds and after that we just wait for you to expire."
    That is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post

I recently read through the first 900 pages.

At first it was for the lulz, because I remember when the SD hoopla started on this forum and I remember when this thread started. Then later it became interesting because some really knowledgeable forum members came on here trying to explain the details of real Kung Fu (partly to smack sense in to certain kool aid drinker(s) and partly just to discuss with basically the rest of the SD folks that were pretty level headed for the most part throughout the entirety of this thread).

I took a lot of notes on what certain educated forum members said; I thought it was really useful.

From what I remember, you've always been real level headed throughout the discussion. There were one or two times that I was surprised by a remark you made (you prob got tired of trolling or something), but........ I've seen some of my old comments on this board.... ones I totally forgot about.... I'm tempted to find them and delete them because they're so d@mned embarrassing (I was like 19 at the time or something )

It was funny to see how there would be phases in this thread, much like I explained in my script for Is Shaolin Do For Real? The Movie™. Of course, what happened on page 900 is what really makes the movie

Really, if one can stand to take the time, a lot can be learned from reading through this thread. I think the unofficial history of SD is also contained in here as well, lol. If anyone wants to understand what SD is, I just point them to this thread and say "read".
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    It's like this neo con I was "debating" with awhile ago. After 10 minutes of insane bigotry, racial slurs and talk about jesus, he's like "you know you can never sway me, right?" and I'm like "yeah, we're actually after your kids minds and after that we just wait for you to expire."
    It's teh liberal agendaz!! He admits that the librul agenda exists!!

(for the record, I'm a Progressive Libertarian, I hate both parties equally, and I think Rush Limbaugh is as much of a deceptive, lieing fatass as Michael Moore. So before anyone tries to go there, just don't. What Limbaugh said here is true. It's also hypocritical. If you think that any big-time pundit on either side of the aisle has your best interests in mind and is out there for anything other than a paycheck, I think you need to re-examine everything you believe in life.)

Blog Entries

Old Noob is King of the mouth boxer clan

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post

(for the record, I'm a Progressive Libertarian, I hate both parties equally, and I think Rush Limbaugh is as much of a deceptive, lieing fatass as Michael Moore. So before anyone tries to go there, just don't. What Limbaugh said here is true. It's also hypocritical. If you think that any big-time pundit on either side of the aisle has your best interests in mind and is out there for anything other than a paycheck, I think you need to re-examine everything you believe in life.)
    You and I could get along....
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    You and I could get along....