View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1267 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2677671167121712571265126612671268126912771317 ... LastLast
Results 18,991 to 19,005 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Blog Entries
    Does it differ greatly from the one I showed? It seem like the same form to me, but I'm noticing numerous differences.
    dfw's form is different than what i saw in the SD tourney video. but i can precisely point out what are our techniques and what was added in. all in all, its a HORRIBLE display of such treasured gung fu.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    dfw's form is different than what i saw in the SD tourney video. but i can precisely point out what are our techniques and what was added in. all in all, its a HORRIBLE display of such treasured gung fu.
    I'm talking about this one, bro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQjW5eKo0l0

edit: ok fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

I'd pay some serious cash to watch Pan Qing-Fu fight in an MMA bout. GM Pan is the man!
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Blog Entries
    personally i don't know THAT form. its still a better performance than that guy....LOL

personally i don't know THAT form. its still a better performance than that guy....LOL
    It looks a lot like the Flying Dragon Fan form that I learned from the DVD, but with lots of alterations.

Blog Entries
    It looks a lot like the Flying Dragon Fan form that I learned from the DVD, but with lots of alterations.
    that form seems to be from the Lee Koon Hung lineage of Choy Lee Fut. its a common misconception that all CLF shares the same forms. even when we have the same name of the forms they can be different from lineage to lineage.

that form seems to be from the Lee Koon Hung lineage of Choy Lee Fut. its a common misconception that all CLF shares the same forms. even when we have the same name of the forms they can be different from lineage to lineage.
    You tellin' me you're not the master of all CLF? My image of you is totally blown now

Good point though; I should've realized that. I'll have to google that Sifu. I find it odd that there are so many variations but they're doing the movements. Given, I've never been shown a form that was marked and unmarked, but still... I think something is fishy..

Blog Entries
    You tellin' me you're not the master of all CLF?
    Hung Sing Choy lee Fut bro.....i got this!

Hung Sing Choy lee Fut bro.....i got this!

Ok, I take back what I said. You're bada$$ now

Blog Entries
    I've never been shown a form that was marked and unmarked, but still... I think something is fishy..
    if people weren't sooooo shady, there'd be no reason to earmark or even trademark stuff to keep it out of the hands of people like sin the and jake the fake

here you go guys

http://youtu.be/i5uRUhbxmCc
    What about this little demo. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

if people weren't sooooo shady, there'd be no reason to earmark or even trademark stuff to keep it out of the hands of people like sin the and jake the fake
    You're right, and it's really sad. You'd think that martial artists wouldn't be criminals these days, but the temptation for glory is too much. Dudes these days want everyone to think they're the big bad@ss without putting any real time in to it other than memorization and watching YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    http://youtu.be/i5uRUhbxmCc
    What about this little demo. KC
    That's a lot better and doesn't have the typical earmarks of a SD form that most do.

I know almost nothing about chain whips, but I'd say he lacks power through most of the form (not all of it; the tornado kicks were done well and the whipping during and after I thought was good). Without getting in to stances and such, I'd say my biggest criticism is not enough speed and power.

Most SD forms look sloppy. I wouldn't call this one sloppy, but I think it shares a similar criticism of 99% of SD forms out there: lack of speed and power (though, again, to his credit, I'd say 25% - max - has good speed and power)

HSK, what's your impartial opinion on this? You've got more experience with the traditional weapons than I do, I assume.

Blog Entries
    You're right, and it's really sad. You'd think that martial artists wouldn't be criminals these days, but the temptation for glory is too much. Dudes these days want everyone to think they're the big bad@ss without putting any real time in to it other than memorization and watching YouTube.
    thankfully, once someone touches hands with me, or trains with me, they know whether i can back my stuff up or not. but as a teacher, its not about me anymore, its about producing good students who can defend themselves.

HSK, what's your impartial opinion on this? You've got more experience with the traditional weapons than I do, I assume.
    your're correct

thankfully, once someone touches hands with me, or trains with me, they know whether i can back my stuff up or not. but as a teacher, its not about me anymore, its about producing good students who can defend themselves.

your're correct
    Wise man once said: "When east and west agree, it is true"